Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for S. Harrington > Reviews

Content by S. Harrington

S. Harrington "SteveH" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
KHOMO Dual Case Ultra Slim with Stand and Magnetic Smart Cover for Apple iPad Air - Grey/Black
Offered by ELECTROSTORE - KHOMO

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but magnet could be stronger, 15 Jun. 2016
Not bad, but magnetic flap isn't strong enough to hold it to the back of your iPad when opened and folded back on itself. A previous case I had was better in this respect and I do miss this as the cover tends to just flap about at the back when using the iPad.

However, the black case finish is nice with the soft touch feel and the cover seems well made. For the price, it's perfectly OK, just not up there with the best.

JML Ped Egg Cordless Electric Pedicure Roller
JML Ped Egg Cordless Electric Pedicure Roller
Offered by JML Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't take the skin off a rice pudding, never mind my feet!, 5 Jun. 2016
Absolutely useless, as soon as you touch the hard skin it stops. I get that this is supposed to be a safety feature but it's too sensitive, maybe I got a duff one? Save your money, use a manual file or one of the other products out there, this one's rubbish.

The Photo Album Company 30 x 42 cm A3 Photo Frame - Silver
The Photo Album Company 30 x 42 cm A3 Photo Frame - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice frames, nice price, 13 April 2015
Nice, simple frames - just silver plastic but looks like metal from a distance. Would have preferred glass rather than the acetate but at this price I can't grumble! Arrived quickly too.

niceEshop(TM) Thicken Square Plate Hang Wall Photo Solid Wood Frame With Polymethyl Methacrylate(Black, 7 Inch)
Offered by niceEshop

1.0 out of 5 stars OK, for the price, 13 April 2015
For the price, these frames are fine, though definitely a budget option. We ordered 20 of these for our office although 9 of them were damaged.

Black Large Faux Leather Storage Footstool Pouffe Ottoman Toybox Foot Stool With Storage Doube Two Seat Storage Box
Offered by Bighouse Furniture

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for storage, 21 Jun. 2014
Really pleased with this, seems sturdy enough - though it's not designed for sitting on really - and plenty of storage inside. Could have been better packaged, no protection other than being inside a poly bag and a cardboard box. It was only luck that the courier hadn't damaged it. But it wasn't and the finish is pretty good, OK it's not leather at this price, nor would you expect that, but sat next to our black leather sofa you can hardly see the difference in quality! Would recommend. I hope they do something about the flimsy packaging though, not all couriers are as careful as ours obviously was!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

Massaging Sports Gel Insoles MENS Relieves Sore Feet
Massaging Sports Gel Insoles MENS Relieves Sore Feet
Offered by Supports Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Good, but didn't last, 21 Jun. 2014
Only used them for 3 weeks and the flock lining has separated from the gel on one of the soles. Were comfy until the lining came away and then it just scrunched up under the heal so no good to wear now!, Not happy they didn't last long. Wouldn't buy again.

Seller told me to return them for testing, at my expense though, not worth it. Rubbish customer service, would not recommend buying from this company. I expected a refund, especially as I supplied photographic proof of the problem.

Masterplug Indoor Power BDFN1-MS 4-Gang Compact Socket with 1 m Extension Lead - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space-saving design, 27 Feb. 2014
Perfect for where space is an issue, this tidy extension socket is great for behind the TV! Would definitely recommend this

BESDATA Magnetic Smart Cover Stand + Translucent Hard Back Case for Apple iPad Air + Free Stylus + Screen Protector - White - PT4101
Offered by OSAN_MALL

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for iPad Air, 27 Feb. 2014
Was sceptical about this case, but have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and finish of this case, especially at the price.

Sagemcom D77T Single DECT Cordless Telephone - Black
Sagemcom D77T Single DECT Cordless Telephone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but poor quality - style over substance, 27 Feb. 2014
Bought this from Currys. Looks great but really bad build quality. Plasticky body that creaks and squeaks when you hold it with badly fitted panels on the front.

Worse still, it keeps randomly cutting out for a second or two every so often. I'm told the person at the other end of the phone gets a beeping sound when this happens, but I just hear nothing for a second. A bit like having a conversation with Norman Collier!!

Then occasionally, usually after taking a call and placing it back on the base station, if someone rings me the base station rings but the handset dies when I try to answer it, meaning I miss the call and the answer phone has to take a message! Speaking of which, the process of listening to answerphone messages is convoluted and confusing, hidden behind 2 or 3 levels of menus.

Just an awful phone, mine's now just out of warranty so it's going in the bin and I've bought a Binatone Designer 2115 - a much better phone than this pile of rubbish. AVOID THIS,

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars DGN2200v3 - Wireless drop-outs, 12 Mar. 2013
Bought this in Currys when it was on offer, now I can see why. After 7 years of using my old Netgear DG834GT (54g) router, I upgraded my computers recently and wanted to take advantage of the N speeds of newer routers, so having had great reliability with my old Netgear I decided to stick with the brand.

Setup was done manually, which for the technical-minded isn't so hard - couldn't use the setup CD, as my new Macbook doesn't have a CD/DVD drive built in - it's probably not so easy for people not used to this type of process, but I'm pretty at ease with these things.

After initial setup, speeds were pretty good and solid, but after a few days/weeks I'm having real issues getting decent wireless speeds. It seems to be a common problem on these. Netgear supposedly has an option to automatically select a suitable wireless channel to avoid interference, but with it set to "auto" it seems to clash with other wireless networks of my neighbours. Maybe my neighbourhood is unusual in that there are anywhere from 6 to 12 networks (depending of time of day) that appear in the list of networks. If I manually select a channel on the router, instead of "auto" then I can get wireless internet back for a while but then the next day that channel usually clashes with another network again. So, what to do - Auto obviously doesn't do what it's supposed to do, which means every day I have to check which channels my neighbours are using! It really shouldn't have to be this way - never used to have this issue with the old Netgear DG384GT.

Even on a good day, with my laptop sat right next to the Netgear (and I mean 2-3 inches away!) I'm not getting 100% signal quality, it's about 70% - and that's right next to it!! Move across the room - only 10-12 feet away - and it drops to about 50%. In another room it drops to near nothing, sometimes losing it altogether. I thought "N" speeds were supposed to offer increased range! I hope a firmware update addresses the shortcomings with this Netgear router. On a good day, it works pretty well, shame those good days are rarer and rarer now!

So, check how many other wireless networks you have in your neighbourhood before buying this - if you have more than 1 or 2 others, you may have the problems I'm experiencing. I'm going to try resetting it to factory defaults, but if that doesn't improve things, I'm taking it back to the shop!

Be warned, based on this model, Netgear aren't as good as they used to be.

Page: 1 | 2