Profile for Mr. Tjp Mitchell > Reviews

Mr. Tjp Mitchell

Black Radio
Black Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Black Radio (Audio CD)
Heard one of the tracks on jazz fm and ordered the album. I can honestly say it is the best album I've bought for years and no surprise to subsequently discover it won the Grammy for best R&B album. It would be inaccurate to suggest it is pure R&B however. It is just a pleasure to listen to from start to finish. This guy is a genius :-)

Kaleidophonica
Kaleidophonica

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Kaleidophonica (Audio CD)
I walked into a music store in cheltenham and this was playing as cd of the week, I heard a minutes worth and went and bought the album. I have nothing else like this in my music collection but love this, it gets better the more I listen to it. It's great to hear something completely different. Uplifting stuff!

Griffin Amplifi 1200-ITSPKR 2.1 Sound Speaker System for iPod
Griffin Amplifi 1200-ITSPKR 2.1 Sound Speaker System for iPod

5.0 out of 5 stars Low priced quality, 25 April 2008
I wanted an IPOD dock with quality looks and sound and didn't particularly want to spend a lot of money. I have a decent hifi (Denon) and wanted the Amplifi to allow me to listen to music around the house via the IPOD. What I didn't want was something plasticky with poor sound.

The Amplifi delivers both in terms of its looks and performance. The sound is crystal clear and the bass is impressive for such a small unit. I also think this thing looks the biz. One small anomaly is that when the unit is on but not playing there is some small feedback in the form of a low hum. This is not an issue really as it disappears once the music starts.

For £100 I don't disagree with other reviewers in saying that the quality of sound is surprisingly good. Comparison's with BOSE are valid only because in the majority of cases this type of system will be a second source of music (after the main hifi / separates) and therefore it seems pointless spending the extra money when the Amplifi gives you such quality and convenience for such a low price.