Profile for Dogrose > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Large Grass Scythe, Tubular Steel Shaft 1.5m long & 60cm Blade
Large Grass Scythe, Tubular Steel Shaft 1.5m long & 60cm Blade

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 7 Aug. 2013
I'm pretty impressed with this scythe, which I have just used to cut a large area of long and pretty tough grass. It takes a bit of getting used to, and the blade needs to be regularly sharpened with a stone but it does the job pretty efficiently and much more neatly and quietly than trying to use a strimmer. To get the perfect fit, I would have liked to have been able to move the upper wooden handle, which is fitted to the end of the main shaft but to be fair, the central handle does adjust easily and it's not a bad fit. Pretty lightweight and the blade seems fairly robust and about the right length for long grass. Good value for money I think.

Living Outside the Box: A Peckham Parable
Living Outside the Box: A Peckham Parable
by Bob Hurley

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 10 Jun. 2013
An inspiring tale of the renewal of an urban Church on the brink of closure. I want to read the sequel, what happened in rural Wiltshire?

Eukanuba Dry Dog Food Mature and Senior for Medium Breed - 15 kg, Chicken
Eukanuba Dry Dog Food Mature and Senior for Medium Breed - 15 kg, Chicken

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jun. 2013
I've always thought Eukanuba is one of the best dry dog foods around but it seems to be harder to source. Lots of pet shops no longer stock it. So I have had to resort to on-line ordering.

The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert
The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 9 May 2013
Without doubt it's an interesting and stimulating account of one person's journey from a radical secular, feminist position to one of redemption, healing and sincere faith in Jesus Christ. The first half is a page turner but it seems to lose its way somewhere along the line and the second half of the story is rather rambling and incoherent. There appear to be huge gaps in the story leaving the reader itching to ask how on earth she got from one intellectual and spiritual position to the next. Some of the latter chapters contain something of a polemic for home schooling, exclusive psalmody and the failings of other evangelical Christian denominations. It feels as though the book has been harshly and rather poorly edited, perhaps to remove statements or thoughts that weren't seen as 'theologically correct'. The last few chapters seem rushed and out of place. Maybe I'm wrong and perhaps 3 stars is a bit harsh. It was interesting and left me wanting to ask more questions. Certainly the riches of God's grace are very evident.

Composting Worms 250g
Composting Worms 250g
Offered by Wormcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy worms, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Composting Worms 250g
Package arrived quickly by post, full of healthy little worms. Within 4 weeks they were massive and working away at my compost. They all seem very content. Good value.

Gardena Wooden Handle 130cm - 3723-20
Gardena Wooden Handle 130cm - 3723-20
Offered by Two Wests & Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-use tool, 9 May 2013
I love the Gardena garden tool sets. They are hard to find in the UK but really well made and handy. My old handle lasted many years and this was a replacement.

Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 4ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 4ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Offered by The Shopfitting Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, robust and practical, 4 Mar. 2013
Really easy to assemble, very strong and is easily moved around. We have just moved into a house without built-in wardrobes so this has been ideal for temporary storage. Much more robust than lots of equivalent Garment Rails and could be used for displays or longer term storage too. Very pleased - good value for money.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 8 Jan. 2013
Its OK I suppose and perhaps I expected too much. In reality the product just looks a bit cheap and tacky. The rope wrap looks novel but the reality is that it is fiddly and a bit irritating. Truthfully, its a gimmick that soon wears thin but if you just want a cheap dress watch for a particular occasion and are after something different then go for it. Nothing wrong with the watch itself - its a simple but reliable timepiece.

BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer

1.0 out of 5 stars Just can't get it to work on my Kindle Fire HD, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: BBC iPlayer (App)
I bought this for my new Kindle Fire HD. At time of writing this, it simply wont work. I have BBC Media Player, I have contacted my ISP who got me to change wireless channels, I contacted Kindle Support who told me to clear the App's data. None of these suggestions have resolved the problem - the Player just appears to buffer for a couple of minutes then goes back to the start. It simply wont play. All other PCs and tablets using iPlayer work perfectly well in my home but not the Kindle Fire. Disappointing!

Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882
Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882
Offered by Top Deals 4 You - UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Robust, 9 Jun. 2012
Its a fairly plain and basic watch for everyday use. Very clear face and seems pretty robust. Good leather strap and supposed to be water resistant to 50m (though I haven't tested it!). It is very much as shown but perhaps a bit bigger than I expected. Pretty good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6