Profile for Ms. M. Elliott > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. Elliott

Ms. M. Elliott "mazzlestar" (Leeds, UK)

Theft Of Swords: The Riyria Revelations
Theft Of Swords: The Riyria Revelations
by Michael J Sullivan
Price: 8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy at its finest, 13 Dec 2012
This is the first in a really, really enthralling trilogy. It took me a little while to get into, but after a while I was hooked - the plots are compelling, the characters are believable, multi-dimensional and human (well, mostly) and the dialogue is fantastic. I struggle with fantasy novels sometimes as often so much time is spent in setting up the world that you get a little lost and there are too many facts, descriptions and too much background lore to really get a feel for the story. "Theft of Swords" manages to navigate these fairly common issues with ease. I couldn't put it down.

The Knitting Book
The Knitting Book
by Frederica Patmore
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Knitting Book (Hardcover)
This book is far better than I could have hoped for - well-explained and beautifully illustrated with photographs throughout, I've been using it for a day and already learned 10 new ways to cast on that I didn't before! The instructions are clear, the stitch pattern gallery is gorgeous and the information at the beginning about different kinds of yarn and needles are really priceless for someone just starting out.

I haven't tried any of the patterns yet but I've had a quick flick through the selection and they look nicely varied and modern. I really can't praise this book enough, my only issue with it is that it's very heavy and I managed to drop it on my foot, OUCH!