Profile for Achilles > Reviews

Now That's What I Call Christmas [2012]
Offered by westworld-
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Cocktail, 30 Nov 2012
This is a must have album for Christmas!

Every year I look for an album that has most of the Christmas number one hits from past and present, but can never find one. This album is the one I have been looking for! it has all the best Christmas tunes you need for the festive period, which will get you in the mood to celebrate...

My family and I are so pleased that we found this album and will play it every year now.

Top Christmas Crackers for a good price.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection
Price: 4.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Voice Beautiful Woman, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Katherine Jenkins (AKA: The Forces Sweetheart) is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice!

This ultimate collection is full of fantastic songs that will touch your emotions. She has a superb vocal range and can hit any high note with ease; keep an eye on your stereo's volume as she is very powerful!

I normally play this album in the background when I have guests, when driving on long journeys or when my young daughter asks me to play it, as she adores Katherine and likes to sing along to some of the songs.

A lovely album at a nice price.

Fifty Shades Trilogy Boxed Set
Fifty Shades Trilogy Boxed Set
by E. L. James
Price: 16.30

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Big Favours, 30 Nov 2012
My wife read all three of these books within a short space of time, she was hooked on them and as soon as she put one down she picked another one up. She said that although the writting is not challenging and easy to follow, the storyline and detail is brilliant and fascinating!

If you have not already heard, these books are very sexual and explicit and will open your mind to new sexual ideas. I will not go into any detail or spoil the storyline for you, but I will say that if you enjoy this sort of thing, or want to explore new ideas then these books are for you...

A great price for 3 modern, unusually seductive books.

Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Offered by Leon Limited
Price: 23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Smart buy!, 29 Nov 2012
This is a great little device that when plugged into the USB socket of your Smart TV allows you to access your wifi (internet).

The Smart TV requires internet access to perform to it's full potential. This device allows the TV to do that and it does it very well. I have read that the latest top Samsung Smart Tv's have this device built into them, but if you already own a Smart TV then this works just as well.

I have never lost connection with this Dongle and would advise anyone to get one: good quality product!

Samsung UE40ES5500 40-inch 1080P Full HD Smart LED TV with Freeview
Samsung UE40ES5500 40-inch 1080P Full HD Smart LED TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific TV, 29 Nov 2012
This is the best TV I have ever had the pleasure of owning!

The Samsung 5500 is beautiful to look at, extremely slim, has a glossy black glass screen with back light, superb clear picture (especially when set to 'Dynamic') and the Smart Hub is brilliant.

The Smart Hub allows you to access a lot of different Apps (applications) e.g. You Tube, Facebook, Movies and Music etc etc... all via your fancy remote contol.

The Tv itself has plenty of USB and HDMI ports (these allow you to see and listen to other devices plugged into your TV e.g. FreeSat, Sky Box, XBox, Playstation, external hard drive etc). It is simple enough to navigate around and it's size is perfect for most size rooms.

Top Tips: If you have a PC or Laptop turn on your 'homesharing', this will allow you to see your photos on the TV as a slideshow, and listen to your music. Only clean this TV with a TV spray or computer cleaner and smooth cloth to avoid marks and imperfections.

The instructions are easy to follow if you are unsure about anything.

Hopes and Fears
Hopes and Fears
Offered by Bridge_Records
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Hopes and Fears (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite albums and I am sure that Keane will have to work hard to beat it in the future.

I originally bought it because it has a few of my favouite songs by Keane, but the more I listened to the whole album it grew on me and now I love it! The songs have been worded brilliantly and are great to sing along to, drive to or just have on in the background when relaxing.

A good effort, well done!

Kinect Adventures! - Kinect
Kinect Adventures! - Kinect
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Adventures, 29 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is one great family or individual game!

If you did'nt get this free with your Kinect package then my advice is to buy it. It is superb fun, keeps you fit, creates competitiveness and is an all round awesome game. You will be required to balance, jog, jump, flap your arms and move around in all directions; like a fun workout.

There are many differnet types of challenges and within each challenge there are a lot of levels; keeping you busy and alert.

This is a game for children and adults + the price is outstanding for such a quality game!

Sonic Free Riders - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Sonic Free Riders - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by 666 Media
Price: 11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 29 Nov 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
As a game for children this is not bad but there are better Kinect games on the market.

If your child likes Sonic and enjoys Kinect type games then they will get some fun out of this, but like I said there are better games than this so their fun will be short lived with this game.

There is a slight lack of control with this game so the sense of achievement is somewhat lost: not a bad game overall...

Turok (Xbox 360)
Turok (Xbox 360)
Offered by Korte-EDV Internetmarketing & Vertrieb, Preise inkl. MwSt.
Price: 21.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Turok: brilliant, 29 Nov 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turok (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this when it first came out, I think it is brilliant.

If you like Dinosaurs and shoot-em-ups then this is for you. The graphics are good, storyline is good and the feeling when playing is great.

I won't spoil the game by telling you what happens but all I will say is: 'expect the unexpected'!

Plug, click, play... Hope this helped.

Pilot G2 Retractable Rollerball Gel Pen Pack of 3 - Black
Pilot G2 Retractable Rollerball Gel Pen Pack of 3 - Black
Price: 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 29 Nov 2012
Pilot are one of my favourite stationery providers and always produce good stuff!

This Pilot G2 pen is a great little assett to any office or home. It is lightweight, balanced, smooth and writes beautifully (in the right hand of course).

My favourite pen at the moment; a good price for a pack of 3!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17