Profile for Achilles > Reviews

Monster High Create A Monster Siren
Monster High Create A Monster Siren
Offered by LivingExtra

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy!, 11 Feb. 2013
My daughter adores Monster High dolls and this is one of her favourites at the moment. The doll is well made and finished to a high standard, as it should be for such expensive dolls.

I encouraged my daughter (who is 8 years old) to save her pocket money and buy 1 or 2 dolls herself. She did this and got a great sense of acheivement from it. She respects them more, and likes to take a couple of her dolls to her friends houses as most girls lately seem to have them; they also play with them at school during wet play if it is raining outside.

This doll is stunning to look at and my daughter enjoyed putting it together + you get a Monster High doll for £9.99 (a bargain).

A wonderful toy that keeps my child happy.

Monster High Scary Tales Clawdeen as Little Dead Riding Wolf
Monster High Scary Tales Clawdeen as Little Dead Riding Wolf
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, 11 Feb. 2013
My daughter adores Monster High dolls and this is her favourite at the moment. The doll is well made and finished to a high standard, as it should be for such expensive dolls.

A wonderful toy that keeps my child happy (shop around for the cheapest offer).

Anker Monster High Filled Pencil Case
Anker Monster High Filled Pencil Case
Offered by gagi's

4.0 out of 5 stars A great product!, 11 Feb. 2013
My 8 year old daughter is really into the whole Monster High concept. She saves up her pocket money each week so that she can buy Monster High products; I occasionally help her out and buy things for her inbetween her birthday and Christmas.

This Pencil Case is made of quality materials and looks modern and stylish. The company state that the product has been tested and is child friendly/safe (very reassuring to know). The pencil case comes with the following:

Eraser
Ruler
Mini gel pen
Sharpener
4 x coloured pencils
4 x fibre tip pens
Pencil
Scribble pad

A good product and worth the money!

ESTEE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR Synchronized Recovery Complex, All Skin Types, 1.7 oz / 50 ml, Made in U.K.
Offered by Simply Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Estee!, 8 Feb. 2013
I buy this occasionally for my wife as she adores Estee Lauder skin products; not because of the label, because of the fact that they work.

When my wife wakes up the morning after applying Advanced Night Repair she looks fresher, and now that she has been using it for a while her skin looks younger. This product obviously does not get rid of large wrinkles and blemishes, but it does reduce them and also plumps up face and kneck areas - which in turn pushes out smaller wrinkles and blemishes.

Although this is not cheap, you pay for what you get, and what you get is improved skin tone, reduced wrinkles and blemishes and a beautiful glow.

This is a brilliant product that keeps my wife youthful and happy!

iPad Mini Thin Rimmed / Full Screen View TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a glove..., 5 Feb. 2013
I gave this product 5 stars because it fits perfectly and it is made of good quality material.

This cover arrived quickly and well packaged. No instructions are needed as I just lined up the cover's gaps with the iPad Mini buttons and it clicked into place beautifully. The iPad looks just as good with it on, feels soft and smooth and has barely changed in size.

A great quality product for a superb price! Hope this helped you...

iPad Mini Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
iPad Mini Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (Requires Patience), 5 Feb. 2013
I gave this product 4 stars because I like it and it fits perfectly.

The reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it took me a while to place it on properly due to air bubbles. The first time I attempted to put it on the screen there was around 20 air bubbles that I could barely get rid of. So here is how I finally did it:

Clean your iPad Mini (give it a good wipe), peel off the layer marked 'Tab 1' and discard it (you should be left with a sheet marked Tab 2), align the bottom of the protector with the bottom of the iPad Mini (ensuring the circular hole fits over the 'Home Button'). Now, using the white plastic card provided, slowly lay the protector 1cm at a time, while pushing the air bubbles out with the white card at the same time. After about 5 minutes you should have layed the protector nice and flat with only 1 or 2 air bubbles (I eventually got rid of them all). Now you can peel off the second layer marked 'Tab 2' and you are finished. This layer protected the protector itself so that you did'nt scratch it when pushing the air bubbles out.

When finally fitted this protector works well and does not change the functionality of the iPad Mini.

A good product at a good price; hope this has helped...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 9:30 AM GMT

Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (PC)
Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (PC)
Offered by London Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Editing!, 1 Feb. 2013
I bought Corel Paintshop Pro X5 a couple of months ago and I am over the moon with it!

My passion is photography and I wanted to take it to the next step and start editing and playing around with my photos; Paintshop Pro X5 allows me to do that and a whole lot more. I have been teaching myself how to use the software, and after playing around with it and reading the tutorials I am getting pretty good at it. There is a user guide built in to it and video tutorials on the Corel webpage.

Pro X5 has powerful photo-editing and design capabilities which provides everything you need to create wonderful photos and designs. You can manage, adjust and edit your photos within 3 seperate pages and navigating between them is simple. When you have finalised your image you can tag people and upload straight onto facebook, Google etc if you wish.

To say that I am self taught I am doing well and although I still have a lot to learn, I am having fun doing it. Prior to purchasing this I looked into Adobe PhotoShop (Full version) which costs over £900; Corel Paintshop Pro X5 costs nearly 20 times less than this. Paintshop X5 may not be as powerful but it certainly puts up a good fight for the price of it!

I would advise anyone who loves Photography, photos and/or Art to buy this fabulous product...

I am very pleased and satisfied with my purchase. I hope this has helped you.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2013 8:55 AM BST

Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate (PC)
Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate (PC)
Offered by London Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful!, 1 Feb. 2013
I bought Corel Paintshop Pro X5 Ultimate a couple of months ago and I am over the moon with it!

Pro X5 Ultimate has powerful photo-editing and design capabilities which provides everything you need to create wonderful photos and designs. As an extra the FaceFilter Studio 2 assists you with portrait retouching and allows you to manipulate faces (I put a smile on my miserable Mother-in-Law's face). There are also many free backgrounds and brushes to use. You can manage, adjust and edit your photos within 3 seperate pages and navigating between them is simple. When you have finalised your image you can tag people and upload straight onto facebook, Google etc...

To say that I am self taught I am doing well and although I still have a lot to learn, I am having fun doing it. Prior to purchasing this I looked into Adobe PhotoShop (Full version) which costs over £900; Corel Paintshop Pro X5 Ultimate costs nearly 20 times less than this. Paintshop X5 may not be as powerful but it certainly puts up a good fight for the price of it!

I would advise anyone who loves Photography, photos and editing to buy this fabulous product...

I am very pleased and satisfied with my purchase.

Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Offered by Smartco

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple of my eye !, 29 Jan. 2013
This device is 'absolutly fantastic'!

Apple have to be my all time favourite IT manufacturer! I own various Apple devices and this is just as good if not better than the others. The Apple iPad Mini is made of quality materials (by look and feel), is quite durable (although I would always advise to buy a case or gel backing to protect the product)and looks great too.

It is the small sister of the iPad and in my opinion it performs brilliantly. For those of you that don't own any other Apple gadgets, this would be a great purchase to get you started; it is the quintessential Apple machine!

The Apps (applications) available to play or learn with are outstanding, there are literally hundreds of thousands of them. Some cost 69p or more but most are free and just as good as the paid ones.

This iPad is fantastic for all ages due to it's size and ease of use. When connected to my WiFi it is very fast and functions beautifully. If you are not good at reading technical information to learn your way around the iPad, then you are in luck as most Apple devices are the same to use i.e. iPad, iPhone and iPod so you can get a friend to sit with you and help you navigate the screens; it is a lot easier than you may think.

Another fabulous addition to the Apple i family, well worth the money!

Dareway Girl
Dareway Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun!, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Dareway Girl (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter's 8th Birthday and she loves it.

This is not a cheap product but it is worth the money to see the happiness and enjoyment on your child's face. It is well built, durable and the design looks great for young girls. It is not too fast or too slow, just right for girls between 6 and 10 years of age (in my opinion). This is good as I would'nt want it to be too fast as my child could hurt herself if she lost control.

It comes with a charger that simply plugs into the wall socket and the other end into the Dareway; I normally charge it over night so that my daughter does not need to wait around to play on it. The Dareway itself is relatively easy to use: there is a power pedal on the right hand side of the platform which you stand on to go forwards, a button on the left handle bar to turn left and a button on the right of the handlebar to turn right. If you press both the power pedal + left and right together you can reverse and if you press left or right at the same time as standing on the power pedal you can spin in that direction.

This all leads to great fun for kids and teaches them a few co-ordinated tricks at the same time. The reason I did'nt award 5 stars is that I wished they had put rubber tyres on, rather than plastic. That way the Dareway could have been used on different surfaces e.g. grass. As it is you can only use it on paths and roads.

A very good product that will keep your child busy and happy; I do advise supervising your child if you live near busy roads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17