Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple product really but results have been perfectly acceptable. My wife likes this eyeliner and finds it easy to apply (easier than her standard product) so given these factors it is a thumbs up from us.

Philips BRT381/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer
Philips BRT381/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact trimmer if a touch noisy, 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little trimmer comes with a pouch for storage and also a trimmer cover to ensure that when you use it, it will cut to the level you want. The guard means you can't cut yourself and given the areas this is used, that additional peace of mind certainly helps. It is a touch noisy but does do a nice job and given its quite small size it is easy to handle. With better weather coming (hopefully) bikini's are likely to feature more and more. If so, this sort of product ensures you can wear such things with confidence. Fundamentally, this is a decent product that does a decent job. There isn't a lot to be critical of here in my view so I'd recommend it.

Butterflies Address Book (Address Books)
Butterflies Address Book (Address Books)
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet delicate design and a well made address book, 4 Feb. 2015
I bought this as a gift for my wife and she loves it. The delicate, pretty design is just lovely and is well set against a cream background. For a simple, well made yet cheap address book that is sure to last many years this really has to be considered. Outstanding.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved results than previous versions, 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to say that this version of Vanish appears better than those I have used before. Previously, I hadn't been overly impressed with the results but after spaghetti for tea my children's tops were in need of a good wash. Some work shirts went in too and along with other suitable garments I used the Vanish as instructed. After the wash and subsequent dry I was impressed to see stains gone (which to be fair was a basic expectation) but there was a real gleam to the whites. Have used it several times since and each time I must say I have been impressed with the apparently more vibrant appearance of the clothes. So I have to say a good performance.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, nice shade of pink, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The lipstick is slightly brighter in reality but is still a nice shade. Being a Revlon product it does feel that it is a quality item and once applied looked very nice on my wife's lips. For the price it doesn't seem that you can go too far wrong. And if i ever have to go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show I know what I can wear!

Sass & Belle Pu Spring Forest Fox Pencil Case, Multi-Colour
Sass & Belle Pu Spring Forest Fox Pencil Case, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful decoration, functional product, 31 Jan. 2015
I prefer this even more to the owl decorated pencil case. Once again, the charming decoration is lovely and the well made, sturdy pencil case gives assurance that if a pen does leak as it isn't fabric it won't leak through. Good stuff!

Sass & Belle Pu Spring Forest Owl Pencil Case, Multi-Colour
Sass & Belle Pu Spring Forest Owl Pencil Case, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice pencil case, 31 Jan. 2015
A lovely pencil case. Has a sturdy feel and is decorated in a charming way. We love it!

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Full finish, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To review I asked my wife to try this out and she could let me know how it applied and I could comment on how it appeared from my perspective. It was easy to apply and leaves a really nice, neat finish. I have to say it looked far better than her old generic mascara and all in all the little extra you would pay for this certainly does appear to be worth it. All in all a product that is recommended.

Belkin Rotating Universal In Car Air Vent Mount for Smartphone Holder with Cable Management
Offered by BESTBUYIT

3.0 out of 5 stars It does work but will you be willing to pay for it?, 11 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this for my iPod in the car and it does a good job without a hinge - which the last holder I had incorporated into its design and it didn't work. The Belkin has rubberised grips which at first seem too stiff to be of use. However, with a little pressure slid onto the air vent (which the instructions suggest should be turned off when the iPod or sat nav is in use). It does hold my iPod in place and is secure which is good to know.

The holder has two grips which retract on themselves to grip the device you choose to place within them. Again, this works well. However, even though, as a test product I didn't have to pay for this item would I pay for it? The answer is I think it is overpriced even though I admit it works it seems a little pricey.

All in all then the choice is yours - if you want a secure product to hold your device (in my case an iPod) I'd say it works well but whether you will want to pay twenty quid I don't know. The choice is yours.

George VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Dutiful King
George VI (Penguin Monarchs): The Dutiful King
by Philip Ziegler

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine, compact written introduction to the dutiful King, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The story of George VI is well known so it is easy to ask why should another book be written on a topic we know much about. However, what I like about this book is that it is pocket size and approximately 81 pages long. It is therefore a good book for a brief overview of the key points in the life of the dutiful King. Frankly, his story is fantastic and a testament to his commitment to duty and indeed his own spirit. After all, he served his country despite not wishing to (for his own good reasons and not expecting to have to). All in all this is a wonderful book, short enough for those with just a casual interest or as an introduction to this fine man who just so happened to be our King.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20