Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 4 Inches (10 Centimeters) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful cable with little basic about it, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made product and it feels a little unfair to call it 'basic'. It seems so well made that when I compare it to my 'official' apple cables I can't tell the difference. A very good cable that doesn't seem basic at all.

Rustins 250ml Quick Dry Blackboard Paint - Black
Rustins 250ml Quick Dry Blackboard Paint - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does work and easy to apply, 14 Aug. 2015
This paint drys very quickly and has completely revitalised our blackboard. Its not too expensive and was easy to apply. This is an excellent product and I am impressed with how it has worked out. A really great product and one I can thoroughly recommend if you are looking to make an old blackboard look like new.

Koto Leatherette Baby Changing Bag (Brown)
Koto Leatherette Baby Changing Bag (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice bag indeed, 14 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wish we'd had this when we had our last child as this bag is far, far better than what we had just a few years ago. It is a lovely leatherette bag which has a nice feel and a very nice lining. The bag has two pockets on the outside along with a zip pocket. Inside, there is a further two pockets and also a changing mat. In addition there is a further draw string storage bag which I think would be best to use for talcum powder and this pocket means you can be assured the remaining items inside the bag aren't going to be covered in talc if the bottle fails. The bag also has a further shoulder strap which can be fitted if you wish. All in all I am very impressed with this bag. It has a lovely feel, feels like it is well made and has a nice lining. It has several pockets for storage and its appearance which is rather classy is also understated and I think this is to its advantage. It has a quality feel and frankly even though I know its a little expensive such bags can cost much more. On balance then I have to say this changing bag is well worth consideration if you are requiring one. Its got a quality feel which means it will hopefully last and looks good too. Very nice indeed.

SanDisk Extreme Plus 32 GB MicroSDHC U3 C10 Memory Card with Adapter up to 95 MB/s Read, 90 MB/s Write (Newest Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very swift transfer speeds, 14 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a micro card but as it comes with an adapter it can be used in a number of different types of hardware. 32gb is a decent amount of space (although these days not vast) it allows for decent amounts of data to be stored. However, where this card really comes in to its own is when you transfer - I have found transfer speeds to be very quick indeed, an excellent plus for this range of card. My only slight quibble is price which I'd like to see a few pounds cheaper than currently. Other than that, this has to be considered if you are looking for a card that specifically transfers data quickly. In this regard I'm impressed with this.

skinChemists Bee Venom Moisturiser 50 ml
skinChemists Bee Venom Moisturiser 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely to bee a total solution, 14 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using this product for over a month and like other products from this range likes the consistency of the cream and doesn't mind its mild scent. However, in terms of its ability to deal with wrinkles the very few my wife has haven't really been dealt with in my view. It isn't a cheap cream and perhaps with protracted use (say for more than 5 weeks) it will have more of an impact. Nevertheless, on the basis of the review period I have had and my observations it is not totally able to do what I thought it may. When considering the outlay I suppose it depends on whether it works. My experience is that is does have some effect but I am not sure it is worth the price.

BLACK+DECKER RS890K-GB 500 W Scorpion-Powered Hand Saw with Kitbox and Auto-Select

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful and robust power tool, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very useful power tool and it comes in a sturdy, moulded plastic case. This is robust and tough so keeps the kit inside perfectly safe when not in use. You are provided with three blades with one for general wood cutting etc. (that is what I have used it for) and two others for finer metal and wood cutting depending upon your needs. Its a loud machine and you need to take control of it - apprehension is not recommended in my view, take it by the scruff of the neck so to speak and I think you will be fine. I have used it to cut some metal and this was quite a tough piece of reinforced metal which I didn't think the blade would deal with easily. You select the job you want to do with a switch on the handle, there are three options which I referred to earlier (general, fine wood and fine metal). In fairness, it did it well enough so it can deal with a wide range of tasks.

The instruction booklet is ok but not brilliant, it is a few pages on simple paper. For cutting branches the scorpion has a plastic 'shoe' which helps hold the unit in place. This is quite easy to use and does help in making it steadier when cutting. The main unit of the scorpion is quite heavy and seems perfectly well made. It doesn't feel flimsy but you can tell it has been made to a budget (all things are I suppose). All in all this is a useful tool which has multiple applications. It isn't too expensive either so in terms of whether it is worth the outlay I'd suggest given the various things you can use this for it is.

skinChemists Advanced Wrinkle Killer Day Moisturiser 50 ml
skinChemists Advanced Wrinkle Killer Day Moisturiser 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 26 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very expensive product and there is no getting around it. It is something that you do take notice of and I suppose expectations are raised somewhat. The cream comes in a nice enough looking dispenser and has a mild scent. It applies easily and is absorbed by the skin nicely. It is a nice feeling cream and does have a feel of a premium product. Whether it is worth the money though - that is hard to say. I have asked my wife to test this for over a month now. I have tried to give it as much time to demonstrate its effectiveness. All in all I'd say my wife's skin and complexion has shown some improvement (it was good to start with in truth) but I have noticed a visible difference. For this then I'd have to say this stuff does seem to work. So the big question is should you part with the money - I never did, I got a free product to review but there is no doubt this cream is the real deal as far as I am concerned. If you want to improve wrinkles, this is well worth considering, expensive as it is.

Thief (PS4)
Thief (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars True to the original thief game in many ways and much better for it, 17 July 2015
This review is from: Thief (PS4) (Video Game)
Thief '4' is the latest game of what remains a series of games that I don't think have entirely received the praise or following they deserve. Nevertheless, those that enjoy Thief tend to love it. I fall into that category. From the original 'Dark Project' game I played on a pentium 166 (MMX - oh yeah) to the Metal Age and of course Deadly Shadows I was very pleased to hear that a new game was to be developed. So, does it cut the mustard?

In a word, yes. Thief was always a story driven game. The first three (even Deadly Shadows which is the worst of them) provided a story which revolved around various factions of the City. This game follows that tradition. The story is very well told and if anything I wanted more. Setting the game in an era where there are no lasers or huge array of guns is a nice change of pace. Using specific arrows for specific tasks is enjoyable and the setting of a time gone by (not modern day and where mystic ideals are still believed by some) suits the series perfectly. Whenever I hear of rumours that the next game could involve a modern day setting I shudder. I can appreciate the interest from the developers but it would not suit the games universe.

The voice acting is superb although it was a terrible shame that the original voice of Garrett (the character you play) was no longer voiced by Stephen Russell who was brilliant. Unable to do anything about this I had to accept it and ignoring this disappointment have found this game to be very much in keeping with the original ideals of the first two games. Level design is good and NPC's play an important role in the game. It is obvious that a game like this (as almost all new ones do) involve such detail that they take a long time to make. These details are well worth the effort providing a wonderfully immersive experience. I particularly liked the rain and lightning - an atmospheric touch - and they used it more than once. It took a while to get used to the control system as all other Thief games I played were on a PC. I still play them and hope that they continue to develop for the platform. But despite my reservations, the PS4 controller allowed me to do as I wished in a way I didn't expect. It took a little while to get used to it, but once I did, it felt intuitive. Graphically, I thought the game was impressive too. But perhaps I am easily pleased!

I am impressed with this game in how it does take its steer from the original games (I think anyway) and hope that another one is made. Although they will no doubt wish to base this on the specific version of the City they have created, there is no reason why they couldn't involve the Hammers, Pagans and even Mechanist's - these original factions could be added back into the game and provided a brilliant back-drop to the original games. I'd love them to reintroduce the 'Trickster' who was dealt with by Garrett in the original game. The universe Thief has created for itself allows for a myriad of stories to tell and in this regard I think Square Enix/Eidos Montreal would be best in exploring these. Notwithstanding, that Garrett needs to be allowed to 'loot' a bit whilst he progresses whatever story they wish to pursue. For me though, the steampunk World of Thief has to be reinforced and the battle between Hammers, the City in its own technological advances (relative to where it is) and the pagans who wish to remain in the 'woodsie' can remain the backdrop to the game and be acknowledged further.

I hope this is how they go because if they do, more of this will be another enjoyable and rewarding experience. A good game and true to the fundamentals of the original games.

Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger
Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this the best a man can get?, 15 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Series 9 Braun shaver is the latest effort from Braun. I have used electric shavers on and off for years but always use a basic razor blade in the end. No matter what the box says, the fact is that the performance never quite matches my own expectation and those shown in the adverts. Braun have made a very nice feeling shaver. It feels substantial but not overly heavy. The shaver sits in a base unit which performs two functions. One to power the shaver and the second to clean it. Once unpacked the cleaning solution vessel needs to be put into the base unit. Thankfully, this is an easy process.

To charge and ultimately use the shaver I had to buy an adapter as the power cable is one of those 2 pronged plugs for sockets you often find in bathrooms and especially hotels. Once charged I gave the shaver a go. I wasn't overly impressed. However, I kept going and in fairness it did leave a reasonable finish. I also have to acknowledge that it takes time to get used to the shaver to make the best of it.

A month on and how do I feel about it? Well, its a very, very well made shaver which oozes quality. In this regard it is worth the outlay (which is significant). However, performance is mixed. It claims to be able to deal with 3 day old stubble. I haven't found that to be the case. Areas can be left well shaven but other areas, especially around the neck are frustratingly left badly shaved. To achieve the outcome you see on the adverts you have to go at it for some time. This isn't something I have a lot of in a morning or even an evening these days and I had hoped this shaver would reduce time spent on shaving rather than increase it. The simple fact is, at least in my case, that although performance is ok it takes too long to get there and furthermore, it still didn't leave results I was blown away by. I do keep using the shaver because if you use it regularly I have found it can keep on top of the stubble sufficiently enough. I don't quite feel the Series 9 signifies the end of my old wet razor blade just yet, but Braun are closer than they ever have been in my view. Unlike other shavers I have had which now gather dust in the back of the draw, this one is used regularly. It just complements my razor blade. I look forward to the day I can ditch it completely but that isn't here just yet.

LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel
LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully imposing and fun lego set, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Without doubt this set has the 'wow' factor! It is a huge set, a big build and took plenty of time for my 6 year old to complete (which required significant assistance from myself). The Grand Hotel makes a fantastic centrepiece to any lego sets you have - especially if they are from the 'City' or 'Friends' range. It was a delight to construct, the pool and revolving doors particularly appreciated features. It would have been lovely if there was four rooms rather than 2 but all in all there is little to be critical of.

At the current price (£92) this would, in my view be a fantastic main Christmas present (my apologies for raising that time of the year in the summer but it is simply an observation of mine). So imposing and such a great build. It is a well designed building and the construction of it easy to follow. I'd suggest children around the ages of 9 or 10 could probably do much of this themselves. My daughter did well on some elements but I was heavily involved in the building (which I appreciated greatly!). The fact remains that younger children will still enjoy it (my youngest loved this and the sheer size of it as a main set in the numerous ones we have was quite evident), you just have to accept a greater role in the construction which if you are like me won't be an issue!

Lego have done it again for me. Five figures, a huge central structure (in lego terms) as well as a large number of additional pieces such as the taxi/car make this a good value set. It is a challenge for perhaps younger lego fans but with encouragement and some help the Hotel is soon built. We have taken some time to build this (we started over Father's day weekend) and since we have incrementally got there but the building is as much a part of it. The enjoyment my children get from roleplaying with the figures in the hotel is a delight to see and I just can't fault the beauty of lego in this regard. It remains a firm favourite and we will continue to purchase additional sets to compliment this one. The only issue is that the lego, when we lay out everything, is like a little town in itself and we have little room for any other toy!! It is a small price to pay for the fun and enjoyment this set contributes too which in its own right is enough for hours and hours of play and fun. An absolute joy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20