Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Stanley 194749 23 inch Waterproof Toolbox
Stanley 194749 23 inch Waterproof Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, 12 April 2016
This is an excellent, sturdy toolbox. The latches are strong and it has a good capacity. A very durable, well made product. Excellent.

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Your Route Out of Perfectionism, Self-Sabotage and Other Everyday Habits with CBT
by Avy Joseph

4.0 out of 5 stars An informative and useful guide into the World of CBT, 12 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had the misfortune to have a relative require the treatment known as 'CBT' or Congitive Behaviour Therapy. It is a challenge to face up to issues in your life and in my case, I wanted to understand how I could help someone with anxiety issues and subsequently, secondary depression. CBT is not an easy way out. You have to commit, you must remain positive and strong when things don't always go to plan - just like life, it won't. But it offers a method of facing challenges and demonstrates in a step-by-step way, how these techniques can help and if you stay the course, you can overcome.

I've read some of the literature provided by the NHS and this book does echo many of the key points. Perhaps in a slightly different way, but the message is fundamentally the same. So, if you are either looking for a book that can aid your own current situation or if you are a friend or relative of someone who is struggling or building their way back this will help by offering that insight. And to those who are feeling desperate and uncertain - please seek help as it is readily available. It takes a far stronger person to admit an issue, to tackle it and eventually overcome. It is a long path but you can do it. If this book is part of your first steps then great. I can tell you, there is no immediate, easy answer. But you can do it. This book can aid in that process of that I am sure.

Bosch 603983972 PSB 10.8 LI-2 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill Driver Featuring Syneon Chip (1 x 10.8 V Battery, 2.0 Ah)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and useful drill, 4 April 2016
This compact drill does pack a real punch with excellent torque. It is well made too, with a chunky, well built feel to it. It is easy to change drill bits, and the battery pack charges up quickly. I am really impressed with this drill all round. I've used it for drilling into brick, stone and for taking apart some furniture. It does it all with ease and has without doubt saved me time when doing these jobs. Outstanding.

Creative Sound Blasterx H5 Analogue Pro Gaming Headset - Black
Creative Sound Blasterx H5 Analogue Pro Gaming Headset - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality and decent sound quality, 4 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are seemingly well made headphones, with a sturdy, tactile feel and in that sense you do feel that you are getting some value for money and these won't fall apart within days of use. In terms of sound quality it is difficult to be too harsh as they provide decent sound. My score is relative to the price (currently £70). I do have Bose headphones and although I use them for a different purpose these creatives offer a decent quality for the price. They are quite comfortable too. I haven't used the mic so can't comment on its quality so I'd suggest checking other reviews that have used this function. So, not too bad and if you are looking for a gaming headset - these are worthy of some thought.

AEG SB7500 7 Series Blender with TruFlow Titanium Blades, 900 W, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and powerful, 23 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This blender is superb. It is huge, towering over other kitchen gadgets, but looks very impressive on the worktop. But this blender does not just look impressive - it performs with a relentless intent, destroying everything you put in it (within reason). The blades are amazing, and yes, it crushes ice very nicely indeed.

It is heavy and that is something to bear in mind but overall, the fantastic blending power this product provides is a really useful addition in the kitchen. I thought my hand blender was good - compared to this its out of its league. So, this blender feels well made, sturdy and dependable. I haven't been let down yet and love blitzing soups in it in particular. You get such a smooth finish. If you are looking for a blender, then seriously consider this AEG. It has been a marvel in the kitchen here - but beware - you will notice it dominate the kitchen worktop if you kitchen is particularly small. But who cares?

Look Good Feel Better Foundation Brush
Look Good Feel Better Foundation Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Has a quality feel to it, 11 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife is pleased with this foundation brush. It is well made and doesn't appear to be likely to lose its hairs/bristles. It is very soft and I thought it would do a could job as a cleaning brush if you had James May levels of attention to detail when cleaning the car dials etc. All in all a nice thing.

MacBook For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
MacBook For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Mark L. Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent help book, 2 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really useful, informative book for MacBook users. I have had mine for 18 months, its a great thing and I have learned a lot about it for myself over this time. The transition from Windows took a couple of days but this book answers those questions I still have really well. I have found the answers lead to more questions later on and this book has been able to answer many of those too. All in all, if you invest in any technology you want to get the best out of it. We probably only get a small percentage of the capability of tech most of the time but with literature like this, we can ensure we get as much out of it as we want and need. I really like this book and would instantly recommend it.

Belkin F5L055btBLK CoolSpot Chill Matt Cooling Stand for Laptops/Ultrabooks - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A cost effective and useful cooling option, 28 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been impressed with this cooling stand. I use it with a Macbook which is very good at maintaining its temperature but this stand just ensures some extra protection when I am doing more processor intense tasks. The stand isn't overly huge and has two useful non-slip areas at the top and the bottom of the stand. These work very well. The stand connects via a USB socket - if you are using several as it is you may need an adapter to increase the number of USB sockets you have available. For the price I'd say this is a good product. It produces effective cooling, it isn't overly noisy either so I am happy to recommend this product.

Mitre Delta Hyperseam Professional Football - White/Black/Yellow/Green, Size 5
Mitre Delta Hyperseam Professional Football - White/Black/Yellow/Green, Size 5
Offered by Wisdens Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars A very good football, a very high price, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This football is very good. It is nicely put together and inflates well, retaining a good shape. Apparently this is the official football league ball. My only real gripe is the price. £100 for a football? It seems crazy to believe that is the price. For all the quality of the ball I cannot get away from the feeling that the price is just greedy and in many ways indicative of what is wrong with football now. We used to play with milk cartons at school as the few balls we had in the playground soon got booted over the wall. Ok, it wasn't great but it was just a desire to play with whatever we had. Mitre make good footballs but the price is just too high. I don't think it is justifiable.

Garnier Pure Micellar Cleansing Water 400ml
Garnier Pure Micellar Cleansing Water 400ml
Offered by Time for Mum Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Does an excellent job, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once again I utilised my wife's opinion on this product. She really likes it. She says it leaves her feeling very cleansed indeed which given that is the aim of the product suggests it does its job well. All in all there is no doubt that this is a useful product as far as she is concerned and she has said she will be buying it from now on. A better endorsement I cannot provide.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20