Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good clothers airer, 18 April 2013
Not a particularly funky item - but a necessary one to ensure your clothers dry well. The airer is big but this means you can air clothers properly - our old one was rubbish and actually came apart. This folding airer also takes up less space when not in use which is another good point. It is well made, sturdy and overall a really useful piece of kit. As I say, it isn't the latest funky piece of technology but its functional and does its job with no fuss. And that is really all I ask from any appliance or tool I own. If you do need an airer I'd recommend considering this. Yes, its 20 quid but its worth it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent wireless router, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This router isn't a bad piece of kit. It offers some good features such as various devices to use it to access the internet. With my ipod and two laptops and a netbook all manned/womaned and ready to go we put it through its paces. To be honest bandwith seemed to stuggle a touch with a noticeable drag in web-browsing. Drop it just two devices and things sped up a bit. To be fair this is not worse nor better than my original internet set-up.

The USB-sharing options allow for either a printer or hard drive to become 'networked' which was actually really good. It was easy to sort out and worked well. I like the idea of my own network and this is a simple solution allowing for various users to be able to access family photos and media files with relative ease. Security seems ok too which is a real bonus.

This is a seemingly well made router and although I don't think it is an example of cutting edge technology it will appeal to many. I'd not put anyone off from this router but if you are keen on upgrading to something pretty cutting edge then look some where else. Otherwise, give this a thought.

Brabantia Titan Oval Ironing Board, Size D,135 x 45 cm - with Iron Parking Zone
Brabantia Titan Oval Ironing Board, Size D,135 x 45 cm - with Iron Parking Zone
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive but great, 17 April 2013
Ironing is something of a chore in our house, as it is in many others. But this ironing board does take some of the pain from doing it. The board is so big that it allows for a greater area of a garment to be ironed, meaning you do it quicker. This massive size (and it really is big) does mean storing it is a little more awkward as it simply takes up more room. But this is a small price to pay. It is a touch cumbersome at times too but all in all this is a great product. The heat resistant zone (where you put the iron) is a good touch too. No more of those rubbish metal iron 'resting' zones. The design of the cover is good too so there is little to dislike here. Yes, it is expensive, but you get the feeling this is a very sturdy and well-made product that is unlikely to need replacing for some time. You do sometimes get what you paid for and in this case I really think you do. If you are looking for a new ironing board give this some real consideration, it is really impressive.

Kärcher 4.767-054 Dirtblaster Patio Cleaning Lance For K1-K4 Pressure Washers
Kärcher 4.767-054 Dirtblaster Patio Cleaning Lance For K1-K4 Pressure Washers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally powerful, 17 April 2013
This is a very powerful tool and turns what is already a powerful pressure washer into an absolute beast. We've used it on a number of the grimey jobs around the house, such as cleaning brick-work. For the right type of job this is a great piece of kit. The power is so great that it can strip paint so don't use it on the car! We have used it on garden furniture to remove the old, dirty layer of grime etc to then be able to treat the freshly exposed wood once dry. It is a fantastic product and well worth the investment - just make sure you don't use it on the wrong surfaces, otherwise it will strip them clean.

Kärcher Car Wash Brush
Kärcher Car Wash Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pressure washer brush, 17 April 2013
I got this brush as part of a package with my Karcher pressure washer. At first glance I thought it was a fairly bog standard thing with limited quality. I later discovered that the ends of the brush are frayed on purpose and that the brush was actually sturdy. With my pressure washer it works really well and I've used it on the car several times already - if you are buying a Karcher and looking for a cheap but effective brush attachment give this some thought.

Web Designer MX Premium (PC)
Web Designer MX Premium (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Web Design Software Package, 17 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this software quite a lot. It is aimed more at a novice market and in some respects that makes things nice and easy to use, with a range of templates which can be manipulated as required.

You can start from scratch but with the basis of a decent website readily available and easy to customise there seems little value. The tools available are a touch basic but perfectly acceptable and useful (photo sharpner, red eye removal, free hand drawing, text, etc). There are media streaming tools, photo galleries tools - really quite good for the money.

One thing that may be useful is to invest in some more of the Magix templates, there aren't a huge number available but still, to begin with there should be enough to keep you going.

I love this type of software. It brings the power of the web into the homes of almost all and gives them a chance to create their own web-page - whether this be for a small business or not doesn't matter - the fact that for a small outlay you can have this capability (and without have to understand code such as HTML) is fantastic. It truly liberates everyone that wishes to use the web as a medium. This software is really easy to use too. It gives tips, has a good help function and isn't overly complicated. If feels polished, professional but doesn't intimidate. A very good piece of software for the outlay.

Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate (PC)
Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good video editing package, 17 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a number of video editing suites. All follow a similar principal of layout and Power Director 11 is no different. Nevertheless, it is interesting to get to see and use a more modern version of video editing software. I continue to use Sony Vegas and although its old it does what I need it to and is something I am comfortable with. So, what about this offering from CyberLink - any good?

Installation took a little while on my oldest laptop. Once installed I put the second disc in to see what additional packages were offered. The three templates were based upon holidays etc and were clearly aimed at the American market. They aren't to my taste but for the purposes of the review I installed them. Once completed I was then able to start using the software and really find out whether it was a worthy software package.

On opening the software you are presented with some options. You can either go for the `Full feature' editor, Easy Editor or create a slideshow - and either in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.

I plumped for the full feature editor. For those that are used to such software it will feel familiar. A preview window and timeline are present. I imported some home film of a family holiday and quickly started adding text and various effects with relative ease. Voice overs were easy to do too - there is a microphone symbol and to be fair it is all rather intuitive.

Another option is to click on the `magic hat' which is the software's own movie `wizard'. This method allows you to select your own `theme' from one of the several templates available, insert your own music etc. It is easy to use and produces perfectly acceptable results. To be honest though, the most flexible and creative way to use software such as this, is to do it all yourself without the need for a `wizard'. The tools available are pretty good in the main and some really nice effects can be had. But you can't break it - so dive in and experiment.

You can easily insert your own chapters (for any menu to any DVD you create), add subtitles and even 3D - this didn't work for me (in that I didn't like it) but it is an interesting idea. The software also comes with a big manual and you will need it as software packages like these take time to fully understand and appreciate. They are powerful and offer a gamut of tools. Whether this is enough to prise me from Vegas I am not quite sure. I like this software. It is intuitive to me but for newcomers it will be a touch daunting. I'd advise to stick at it and experiment - that is part of the fun and it will become second nature. All in all, this is a good piece of software. I don't think there is anything to set it apart from its rivals but despite this it should be a strong contender if you are looking for such a software package. Not too bad at all.

Kärcher 6m High Pressure Hose Extension - Pre 2007 System Pressure Washer Accessory For K3 - K7 Series Machines
Offered by Karcher Center Chemtec

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra freedom but beware it fits, 15 April 2013
Having got myself a Karcher pressure washer I wanted the additional freedom of movement and this 6 metre extension was therefore an obvious purchase. On arrival I noted two things. Firstly, the quality of the product is very impressive indeed. It is very, very well made. The other was the lack of instruction to fit it. No matter I thought, it can't be that hard. Actually, it was! It took me a while to work it out, but I have to say that once that was dealt with it was obvious - always is after the event. I'd like to see Karcher provide a small, easy to understand instruction guide for this sort of thing but it is a minor point. If, unlike me, you don't have these issues you will wonder what I am going on about but it seems an issue easily solved to me.

Once used it is clear that it doesn't hinder pressure in any way. The pressure washer remains very powerful, yet I now have enhanced freedom of movement which is really useful. All in all this is a high quality piece of kit at a decent price and I'd recommend it if you are looking at buying a Karcher pressure washer. The standard hose is fine, but with this you have so much more freedom.

One final thing to note is that it doesn't fit all Karchers. I've noticed a few reviews with frustrated customers - understandable. It is a little confusing so if you have a K-3 pressure washer it seems this extension won't fit. I'd check to make sure before you buy to avoid frustration.

Kärcher K2 Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, 7 April 2013
I've used one of these in a previous job and we always liked the solid feel of the Karcher Pressure Washers and their performance was always impressive. I recently acquired one of these Karchers myself to use on the car and on various garden furniture which, after a poor winter, and lets be honest summer was showing moss, grime and the like all over it. This was even with the covers on.

The patio and paving was looking particularly tired. This particular bundle comes with a Vario lance, T50 and power wand attachments. Each has its own particular use and when it arrived I broke out the vario lance straight away and cleaned up our disgusting wheelie bins. Within a few minutes these had been cleaned up and no longer stank of the rubbish that had been rotting away on the bottom. I then turned my attentions to the patio. The T50 is the attachment Karcher recommend for this sort of job. Within 15 minutes the job was done. After it had dried I was pretty gobsmacked. The patio was actually white. Since moving in we thought the stones were grey. Last year my wife was scrubbing for hours with a brush (yes I was clever enough to be too 'busy' to help with that one!) and she didn't make much of a difference. The Karcher exposed the folly of those efforts. It will be the car next but I have to say that already I am very pleased with my Karcher. It is a fantastic piece of kit. It revives old and tired furniture and actually reminds you that you don't need to buy new after all. One thing I would say is that it guzzles the cleaning detergents quite quickly.

I should point out that we got a two year warranty with our Karcher too - apparently its unconditional - haven't had to use it yet so we shall see but I have to say that at first glance that is an excellent warranty and gives me confidence that should anything go wrong it will be dealt with by Karcher.

I'd recommend a Karcher Pressure Washer instantly. A great piece of kit and well worth the money.

Samsung WB250F Smart Camera 2.0 with Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity - White (14MP CMOS, 18x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch HVGA Touch Screen (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by CenturionSales

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic build quality and HD Video, 7 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Samsung WB250F camera has a fantastic 'feel'. It feels solid and well made and does not feel cheap. Then again, it isn't. I've just checked the Amazon price and its 200 quid. This price point puts it the bracket of Panasonic Lumix TZ20's and the like and the quality is equal to any of those. The Samsung sports a large LCD screen, x18 zoom and a 14 megapixel sensor. The party piece of the camera is its touch screen and its final trick the Wi-fi connectivity.

The camera has a similar layout to almost all other compacts and the buttons should be familiar to all that have used a digital camera in recent years. What makes the difference is performance. I've tested this camera over several days and used it in a myriad of different situations. The Samsung is without doubt a capable camera. Samsung use their own lens and when switched on it extends with a smooth, classy motion. Zoom is achieved well and without that incremental juttering some cameras can produce. In low light the 250F is impressive, easily out performing a Nikon S3100 I own. The images the Samsung produce are punchy and crisp but a touch over-exposed. Compared to the aforementioned S3100 it does not produce colours in the same way - this slight over-exposure cleans colours up almost sterilises them a little. This issue is not huge - but it is noticeable and although does not ruin the picture suggests to me that Samsung can improve still further on this excellent camera. In HD film mode this camera is excellent. Sound is well dealt with and the images are flicker free. It is probably the best compact HD film performance I have seen.

In terms of touch screen I feel this is something of a gimmick. Whilst it is useful to be able to control the camera via the screen you don't need to - it is just another way of achieving what you want to without using the buttons that are just a fingers width away. In the end the smudging just gets in the way of viewing pictures on the screen. These compacts have no viewfinder so the screen really needs to be clean - finger marks don't really help!! You will need a cloth if you intend to always use the screen. It may be that Samsung have or will produce a proctective sheet (much like you can get with Ipod's and Iphone's). Even if they do the marks do distract from time to time. That being said, taking a picture just by touching the screen is pretty cool.

The WB250F really comes to the fore when you engage its connectivity. It found my network quickly and within a short space of time I was sending pictures to it. You can do 1000 at a time but I do a couple of dozen at once. This isn't a slow process either and whilst not quick I didn't mind the wait - it was much easier than getting a cable out and go through the connection process that way. You can use smartphone software too to send images directly to your phone but I haven't tried this method yet.

All in all, this camera is well worth consideration if you are looking for a new compact. This one has a white finish and looks superb. It is very well made and is a very impressive all-rounder. The wi-fi capability is really impressive too. There isn't a lot to be too critical of. If I was being really picky I'd have to admit that I don't like the central location of the power button - it just doesn't feel like its in the right place. But that being said I'd have to recommend this camera - it is a very impressive piece of kit and at the prices offers qualities that are sure to wow.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30