Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Home Kitchen Wooden Handle Dough Pizza Cake Decorator Scraper Cutter
Home Kitchen Wooden Handle Dough Pizza Cake Decorator Scraper Cutter
Offered by Sunny Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good dough cutter, 11 Jun. 2013
This is a sturdy, well made dough cutter. I really like it and it is so much better than the plastic alternatives I have used in the past. Its cheap, but well worth it. If you need a dough cutter, give this some thought.

Pampers Active Fit Size 4 (Maxi) Monthly Pack - 168 Nappies
Pampers Active Fit Size 4 (Maxi) Monthly Pack - 168 Nappies

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable nappies, 11 Jun. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used Active Fit nappies in the past and they have not always been the most reliable in our experience. These new Active Fit nappies apparently incorporate a thinner dual layer. We had some of the 'older' type nappies and they are thinner. But all of this is for nothing if they don't keep the contents of a used nappy locked up. The fact is that they are more reliable than we have found before. Ultimately, they do a good job and we are back to trusting the Active Fit nappies from Pampers - something we hadn't had a problem with when using the Baby Dry nappies (they have always worked for us). Another thing is that 168 nappies at this price is pretty good too.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic bit of kit, 11 Jun. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit surprised at just how big this item is. It isn't huge but it is big and you will need some room on the kitchen side for this - and lets be honest when they want feeding you don't want it in a cupboard, awkward to get at. In terms of operation the unit comes with a really good instruction manual. It is simple to follow and the unit easy to use. It helps make baby formula so easily it really is a boon with a screaming newborn! The unit comes with a filter and these filters do cost a bit to replace. Luckily they do last around 3 months so whilst they are a little expensive (around 10 pounds) it is providing filtered water for the feed so I suppose knowing that makes it worth it. All in all its easy to use and very useful. When buying baby products there are a few out there that end up being not worth it - trust me I know!! - but some are worth the outlay. This baby formula maker is one of the good ones and worth it in my opinion.

iPod Touch 5th Gen Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover / Case / Shell / Shield - Solid Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but excellent protector, 26 May 2013
When you fork out a fairly hefty amount of notes for an Ipod the first thing to do is get the cover/case sorted. This rubberised cover is excellent. It may be cheap but is well worth the investment and has kept my own Ipod free from scratches and the like. Well worth it.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (PS3)
Offered by sir_bubby

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad update, 26 May 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
EA Sports always seem to be great at how they present their games. This is no different in the latest Tiger Woods golf game. Lush graphics and well animated players certainly impress. However, in recent incarnations the controls have been pretty shocking. Anyone remember the Masters game? Well in this version things have improved. You can control the amount of fade or draw on a ball using the stick. It needs a gentle touch but with practice it is a system that works well and allows players to shape the ball as you would if you were playing for real. The 'legends' element of the game is great and as you progress you will get more and more to enjoy. I've loved this part of the game and it feels like it has been done with love and care. Well done EA. My only real criticism is the putting. I just don't enjoy it on a console and it feels as if you are just aiming and hoping rather than be a little more confident in the putt. Nevertheless, this is a fairly minor issue overall and when taken as a complete package this version of Tiger Woods is probably the best of the last 3 or 4 years.

BLACK+DECKER Handheld Steamer, 1600 Watt - White/ Blue
BLACK+DECKER Handheld Steamer, 1600 Watt - White/ Blue
Offered by Webbasket

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive, 22 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For some time I have coveted a hand-held steam cleaner. Having had the opportunity to use a Black & Decker steam mop and being impressed with the results I had high hopes of this new Black & Decker hand held steam cleaner. The primary use, as I see it, for such an item is that you can get really good clean results of worktops, ovens and a plethora of other things without the need for toxic chemicals. When it arrived I was a little surprised at just how chunky the hand-held steamer is. But it isn't heavy so that was ok. It felt quite sturdy and fairly well made too so first impressions were good.

The unit comes with a range of scrubbing brushes and an extension hose. These are colour coded so you can allocate one brush to say the bathroom and and another to the kitchen to ensure you don't use each one in each room - not a nice thought - and a simple but well considered answer to that problem. Despite these brushes and the extension I first wanted to try it as it looks in the picture. You control the steam with the nozzle - turning one way to increase the power, the other to make it much broader and weaker. I cleaned our worktops and overall was reasonably pleased with the results. However, I then tried it on the oven hob and to be honest even fairly minor marks and stains just didn't budge. I tried one of the brushes as in many ways this organises the steamers power into one condensed area, but after 20 seconds of semi-rigourous scrubbing the brush seemed like it was pretty useless for much more cleaning. I was quite shocked at this.

The real test came when I tried to clean the oven. I should have known given the previous performance that things wouldn't necessarily be that good. But fairs fair and I wanted to give the steamer a good test. The oven door was first as I've wanted to give this the thorough cleaning its needed for some time. For hours we scrub it and in the end we get there - I was hopeful steam could ease the job. It didn't. In fact it made no difference at all. I can't believe this is how it was but I'm afraid it wasn't a good performance. I can't pretend that I was really hopeful for this product and thought it would offer the sort of performance its steam mop cousin has produced. But alas no. Whilst the steam is created quickly the results just aren't anywhere near good enough for me to consider recommending it. Back to the drawing board in my view. A good idea, just not well executed.

Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good clothers airer, 18 April 2013
Not a particularly funky item - but a necessary one to ensure your clothers dry well. The airer is big but this means you can air clothers properly - our old one was rubbish and actually came apart. This folding airer also takes up less space when not in use which is another good point. It is well made, sturdy and overall a really useful piece of kit. As I say, it isn't the latest funky piece of technology but its functional and does its job with no fuss. And that is really all I ask from any appliance or tool I own. If you do need an airer I'd recommend considering this. Yes, its 20 quid but its worth it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent wireless router, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This router isn't a bad piece of kit. It offers some good features such as various devices to use it to access the internet. With my ipod and two laptops and a netbook all manned/womaned and ready to go we put it through its paces. To be honest bandwith seemed to stuggle a touch with a noticeable drag in web-browsing. Drop it just two devices and things sped up a bit. To be fair this is not worse nor better than my original internet set-up.

The USB-sharing options allow for either a printer or hard drive to become 'networked' which was actually really good. It was easy to sort out and worked well. I like the idea of my own network and this is a simple solution allowing for various users to be able to access family photos and media files with relative ease. Security seems ok too which is a real bonus.

This is a seemingly well made router and although I don't think it is an example of cutting edge technology it will appeal to many. I'd not put anyone off from this router but if you are keen on upgrading to something pretty cutting edge then look some where else. Otherwise, give this a thought.

Brabantia Titan Oval Ironing Board, Size D,135 x 45 cm - with Iron Parking Zone
Brabantia Titan Oval Ironing Board, Size D,135 x 45 cm - with Iron Parking Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive but great, 17 April 2013
Ironing is something of a chore in our house, as it is in many others. But this ironing board does take some of the pain from doing it. The board is so big that it allows for a greater area of a garment to be ironed, meaning you do it quicker. This massive size (and it really is big) does mean storing it is a little more awkward as it simply takes up more room. But this is a small price to pay. It is a touch cumbersome at times too but all in all this is a great product. The heat resistant zone (where you put the iron) is a good touch too. No more of those rubbish metal iron 'resting' zones. The design of the cover is good too so there is little to dislike here. Yes, it is expensive, but you get the feeling this is a very sturdy and well-made product that is unlikely to need replacing for some time. You do sometimes get what you paid for and in this case I really think you do. If you are looking for a new ironing board give this some real consideration, it is really impressive.

Kärcher 4.767-054 Dirtblaster Patio Cleaning Lance For K1-K4 Pressure Washers
Kärcher 4.767-054 Dirtblaster Patio Cleaning Lance For K1-K4 Pressure Washers
Offered by TPW Spares Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally powerful, 17 April 2013
This is a very powerful tool and turns what is already a powerful pressure washer into an absolute beast. We've used it on a number of the grimey jobs around the house, such as cleaning brick-work. For the right type of job this is a great piece of kit. The power is so great that it can strip paint so don't use it on the car! We have used it on garden furniture to remove the old, dirty layer of grime etc to then be able to treat the freshly exposed wood once dry. It is a fantastic product and well worth the investment - just make sure you don't use it on the wrong surfaces, otherwise it will strip them clean.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30