ARRAY(0xac862bc4)

Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29
Golden Records (PC & Mac)
Golden Records (PC & Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Save those tapes and vinyl!, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Golden Records (PC & Mac) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Golden records is a potentail memory saver - having acquired the software I was soon ripping old tapes (which were recordings of myself and my siblings as children) into an electronic format that could be ripped to CD or an MP3 player. These recordings were much appreciated by my mother but wouldn't have happened without this software. It is the vinyl collection next and whilst many of the tracks can be acquired already in MP3 format you won't get everything. It may take some time but I am going to enjoy flicking through all those great vinyl records again! Those were the days..............

Rebit V5 Netbook Edition, 1 User Licence (PC)
Rebit V5 Netbook Edition, 1 User Licence (PC)
Price: 21.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward software, 8 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rebit V5 is a backup solution software package. Upon installation you merely choose which drive you want to back up and it whirrs away ensuring your precious data is preserved. The only real issue I have encountered is that it does seem to hinder the operating speed of my netbook - but this is due to the puny netbook power rather than the software. Nevertheless, this is meant to be the 'netbook' version so you'd have thought some consideration would have been given to this. My only other word of caution is that if you back up to an external hard drive make sure you don't rely on this totally. These can fail too and if you rely upon it too much you may end up upset. As my old IT teacher used to say - back up and back up again!!

Little Learners: Finger Puppet Book 'The Dog I Love Best'
Little Learners: Finger Puppet Book 'The Dog I Love Best'
by Little Learners
Price: 3.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little book, 8 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little puppet book is very cute indeed. There is a story but this can be enhanced with the puppet and your own movements. Overall whilst the story is fairly short it is still quite engaging for slightly older children whilst very young children are still drawn in by the puppet. Overall this has been a winner with my children and we will be looking to perhaps buy some of the others in this collection.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Standard (PC)
Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Standard (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all it appears to be, 20 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the worst Cyberlink product I think I have used. And I haven't used it for long. Firstly, the packaging is mis-leading apart from a very small disclaimer on the back confirming that some of the advertised features aren't actually included in the 'standard' edition. This is pretty poor play in my view. These include 3D play-back which may not bother some and doesn't actually cause me any problem but nevertheless, potential buyers thinking this function is included are sure to be disappointed. Additionally, there is no support for blu-ray technology. Overall, whilst PowerDVD is useful I have found it to be a pain and now watch movies via media player. It is just simpler. It is difficult to advocate this software when that free utility is available on any windows based system.

Movie Edit Pro MX PLUS (PC)
Movie Edit Pro MX PLUS (PC)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Software offering Good Value, 20 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A wide range of formats are supported by this software which is useful with the vast array of capture devices out there these days. In terms of set up installing the software was straightforward. The interface is a version of the common theme and experienced editors will recognise this setup and probably be fairly familiar with it. I found the buttons I expect to have in this sort of software where I would anticipate to see them. This type of software can be much of muchness with people making preference to the software package based more on 'feel'. I like this Magix package and think it is a worthy contender if you are thinking of acquiring an editing suite. The audio element of the package is excellent and overall I feel that this Magix software is very impressive. One word of caution which I often make for those new to this sort of software is that you may find using this sort of software quite daunting. All I can say is that the manual that comes with this software is excellent and with a host of online resources and forums you will soon pick it up.

Norton 360 v5.0, 1 User, 3 PCs 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton 360 v5.0, 1 User, 3 PCs 1 Year Subscription (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind but always at a cost, 20 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Every year we get an 'update' which at the prices always seem a little high. Ultimately though the Norton software packages have proven over many years that they provide some of the best protection available. With a simple installation process that caused no crashes or freezing screens I surf with the knowledge that it is whirring along in the background ensuring that my system is safe. In the end that sort of peace of mind is worth something and I find it hard to fault the comprehensive package Norton 360 provides. All in all a very impressive piece of software.

TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Price: 8.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 20 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This wireless USB adapter has performed very well during the period I have had it. Installation was quick and simple and performance is steady and strong. I have had a few of these types of devices over the last 18 months and none have performed as well as this TP-Link. Surfing remained swift and even videos were played easily with little stutter. If you are looking for a cheap USB wireless adapter to use to connect to your network I believe this should be considered.

McLevy: Behind the Curtain & A Voice from the Grave (BBC Radio Crimes)
McLevy: Behind the Curtain & A Voice from the Grave (BBC Radio Crimes)
by David Ashton
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 11.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable drama, 11 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This CD set contains two Inspector McLevy stories. I wasn't aware of the work before but I have to say that I enjoyed it. The voice of Brian Cox certainly does add something to proceedings. Of the two episodes I enjoyed A Voice from the Grave more but Behind the Curtain is decent enough. The stories are apparently based on real-life accounts which does add another dimension. The writing was ok for me, descriptive and atmospheric with welcome touches of humour. 'Hannah' appearing to get some of the best lines! Considering some of the nonsense on the radio these days this made up to be a very enjoyable alternative.

To the Manor Born (Vintage Beeb)
To the Manor Born (Vintage Beeb)
by Peter Spence
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but a bit strange...., 11 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, I like that the CD has the artwork of a vinyl album on it - a little touch which I thought was quite nice - small things amuse small minds I suppose. However, as much as I rate the television series I find the notion of putting a series of extracts onto this CD a bit strange. It is ultimately a little incoherent as it lurches from one highlight to another. These are amusing (at least to me) but I'd have preferred a couple of full episodes rather than this.

PagePlus X5 (PC)
PagePlus X5 (PC)
Price: 34.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb stuff from Serif, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: PagePlus X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The pageplus series has been going for some time and this latest version impresses. You can create and edit pdf's with consumate ease, use the range of templates to create a plethora of documents - be these business cards or posters. I particularly like the 'logo studio' and have used this with some success. My only small gripe is just how far these incremental updates are going. They do seem to be adding bits and pieces but I am not convinced x6 will be worth it unless there is some series advances in the scale of things the program can do - nevertheless, x5 is fantastic and well worth a look.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29