Profile for rattus > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Aquostic (Stripped Bare)
Aquostic (Stripped Bare)

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the denims back on lads!, 26 Oct. 2014
Okay, I admit it. I bought this album for the "other 'arf's" birthday as the joke present. I've liked Quo since, well, I can't remember. I suppose I've always liked them. However, my beloved one tends to like the earlier songs like paper plane, ice in the sun etc over the later songs.
She however could not stand Marguerita Time (even made me fast forward it on their film Bula Quo!).
But, the idea backfired and she loves this CD (hope it doesn't mean I have to get her a replacement joke pressie).
The songs are so easy to listen to and are very laid back and there are some bits that puts a smile on my face. They have redone the songs to a very high standard and to be quite honest, I feel they are as good as the original versions.
Only one thing, for me, would have made it better . . . . . including "In My Chair", my favourite.
I hope Quo will release another album in this style (that includes In My Chair of course).
I'm off to listen to it again.
Cheers

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body (24.1MP) 3.2 inch LCD
Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body (24.1MP) 3.2 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Blimey., 18 Feb. 2014
I'm not going to repeat what the other 5 star reviews have stated about this camera . . . . I'm just going to agree with them.
Like others, I had debated about going full frame, but couldn't justify the cost as it's only a hobby (huh), and the D7100 has soooo much going for it.
It is a revelation when compared to my previous camera (a D60 which I had taken some really nice shots with). The extra focus points add a whole dimension when you're only used to 3! The focusing is very quick and accurate, and with most settings being selectable via button and command wheel (and the secondary wheel too) it is a joy to use.
Image quality if fantastic but I may now have to upgrade the PC so I can process the RAWs a little quicker.
Would I recommend this camera . . . . . . . . Yup!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your D7100, 27 Oct. 2013
Bought this 2 screen kit for my new camera. Read the reviews and was forewarned about the main screen cover being slightly smaller.
Fitted the smaller one first and no problem there. Fitted the second and again, no problem.
Clarity is perfect. You cannot tell that they are on there. They seem to be of very good quality and adhere to the screens very well indeed.
Simple to fit and un-noticeable. Perfect!

Chilling Out
Chilling Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope there's more in the pipeline . . . . . . ., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Chilling Out (MP3 Download)
This is Tony's second collection of songs (after the "Crank it up" album) and is a very good selection that is a little more laid back.
I've been listening to it for a while now and I must admit that every time I play it, it grows on me more and more.
A very good second album that will hopefully pave the way for many more.
Play the samples and see what you think.

Crank It Up
Crank It Up

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Crank It Up (MP3 Download)
I've been hoping that Tony Bourge would start making music again for some time and now the wait is over (at last).
Being a long time fan of Budgie and regarding Tony as the best guitarist they had (and one of Wales' best rock guitarists ever, IMHO), he has been missed by the fans who appreciated his talent.
This collection of songs is very varied in styles and substance, making for an album which is sooooo easy listening.
Try the samples and see what you think.
I think it's a cracking album and a great re-emergence back into the art of music making.
Let's hope this is the start of bigger things for Tony.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Jun. 2013
I bought this lens after a LOT of deliberation. I read the reviews and watched videos trying to convince myself that this lens was what I was looking for. I'd previously bought the Nikkor 50mm f1.8 and was blown away by that lens with the sharpness and bokeh, but wanted something with more reach especially when photographing birds on the river.
I only have a Nikon D60 and read the recommendations that it's best to buy lenses that are the best you can afford and will suit any camera that you may upgrade to. So, I bought it from Amazon at the best price I could find online and that it would not be a grey import.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
As soon as the lens arrived I unpacked it and put a Hoya UV filter on, then mounted it to the camera. Blimey. I'd heard this lens was heavy and thought it would be a bit of a handful trying to take photo's with it. I took it out into the garden and a pigeon obligingly landed on the neighbour's roof edge. Several snaps later and I was looking at some very impressive images that were sharp and with excellent colour. I then proceeded to snap away at the flowers in the garden and the bokeh was astounding. After a while I hadn't noticed the weight and found that the lens was surprisingly easy to hold steady (helped by the excellent VRII system).
Taking the camera with this lens attached to it on walks means that the strap around the neck is a serious no-no if you don't want a bout of neck ache. I carry it by the tripod mount with the neck strap wound around my wrist and find it quite comfortable, though long walks are interspersed with regular stops to photograph anything that moves, and a lot of what doesn't so I can give my wrist a rest (that sound bad, doesn't it).
In a nutshell, I am really satisfied with this lens. It gives me everything I need out of a lens and sooooo much more. Plus it'll be fantastic on any Nikon camera I may upgrade to in the future.
If you're ummming and ahhhing over whether to but this lens or not, take it from someone that has done the same, then took the plunge and hasn't regretted it one iota.
This is without a doubt for me been the best camera related purchase I have made. I just hope I can do the same with a DSLR upgrade in the future.
Thanks for reading this review.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2013 10:06 PM BST

Zippo Satin Chrome Lighter
Zippo Satin Chrome Lighter

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Zippo, 28 May 2013
I've used Zippo's for 30 years or so and found them to be the best lighters I've ever owned.
This one is a basic model that does what it is supposed to. Inexpensive, top quality and reliable.
Can't ask any more than that.

New Mens/Gents Black Leather Upper Lace Up Formal Shoes. - Black - UK SIZE 10
New Mens/Gents Black Leather Upper Lace Up Formal Shoes. - Black - UK SIZE 10
Offered by Wynsors World of Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars A very comfortable pair of shoes., 28 May 2013
I bought these for a wedding and found them to be very comfortable. A little more roomy that what I'm used to, but after wearing them for the first time for 7 hours, there was not discomfort at all. Unusual considering my feet!
Very impressed.

Pierre Roché Mens Tie, Handkerchief & Cufflink Set, Sky Blue Stripe Knitting In A Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice 4 piece., 28 May 2013
I bought this set for a wedding and was impressed with the pattern / colours.
Admittedly not top end quality, but very reasonably priced and very presentable.

Strong Chromed Brass Adjustable Swivel Tap Nozzle Spout Aerator M22 FEMALE 22mm
Strong Chromed Brass Adjustable Swivel Tap Nozzle Spout Aerator M22 FEMALE 22mm
Offered by plumbing4home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality schnozzle, 28 May 2013
The aerator screens had fallen out of our old schnozzle and we were looking for a replacement. We found this item and decided to give it a punt. So glad we did. The nozzle fitted perfectly and the swivel action is very handy indeed (especially for filling the kettle when the washing up is filling the sink).
Also, I took the screen bit off and that attached to the tap outlet too. So, if the schnozzle isn't to your liking, you can remove the swivel section and just use the screen end.
Highly recommended.