Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more
Profile for Penwicketh > Reviews

Content by Penwicketh

Penwicketh (UK)

In Silico
In Silico

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick to what you're good at!, 26 Jun. 2008
This review is from: In Silico (Audio CD)
First off, I haven't given the whole album a listen. You might think that negates my review, but after hearing 5 of the tracks from "In Silico" receiving biggest airplay, any motivation to delve any deeper was quickly lost.

It's not because i'm a hardcore narrow minded dnb fan, stuck in a genre and expecting another "Hold Your Colour". I praise any act who embrace diversity in their approach to music and are not restricted by a trademark sound. It's just obvious to me that Pendulum's latest ambitions go far beyond their talents.

Rule number 1 of crossing genres in music: be (atleast quite) good at the genre you are attempting to cross over to. The biggest addition to Pendulum's music in "In Silico" are lyrics and rock style melodic riffs. They are good at neither. The lyrics are pointless, unimaginative and only serve to make the cheesy pop rock riffs even more cringeworthy and unbearable.

How the hell Pendulum have managed to achieve their 'vision' of crossing from dnb to mediocre sing along dnb infused pop rock pap, and enthrall a new generation of fans is beyond me. They did a sick mix on Annie Nightingale the other week, which shows they have talent in innovative dance music. Shame none of that talent made it into this album.

I was looking forward to seeing them at Glade this year. I'll be steering well clear now.

Flanimals
Flanimals
by Ricky Gervais

5.0 out of 5 stars flantastic, 8 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
Never before have I read such nonsense - and laughed so hard. Gervais has daringly ventured into a base form of humour and succeeded in reducing grown men into underblenge like crying coddleflops. Never before have I so unashamedly embarassed myself in a public bookshop by crying with laughter, than when I picked up Flanimals. Brilliant