Profile for Julie H > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change the way you work, 2 Feb. 2015
I picked this up because it was recommended on a podcast and am really glad that I did. I started out by wishing the author had been more essentialist in writing the book as some of it seemed a bit obvious - but that was me suffering from "I already know this" syndrome. When I really read what he was writing, I realised that actually I wasn't following his advice. There is so much smart wisdom in this book and it is one of my go to strategy books in terms of philosophy and practice. It's tough to do what he says but if you want to build a successful business, rather than one which is unfocused and scattered, this book will help you get there.

2015 Moleskine Large Weekly Notebook 12 Months Soft
2015 Moleskine Large Weekly Notebook 12 Months Soft

5.0 out of 5 stars Best annual diary out there, but make sure you buy early if you want one, 2 Feb. 2015
Favourite annual diary. Such a shame that they didn't make enough and I had to buy this at twice the price from the only seller that had them in stock. It's great being able to have the notes page next to the diary pages. I use it as a daily/weekly action planner more than a diary (which is on my devices).

Ever Clean Less Track, 10 kg
Ever Clean Less Track, 10 kg
Offered by CWGPetSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Less mess, easy pickup, 2 Feb. 2015
Best kitty litter out there. Worth every penny

Koolertron Women vintage retro genuine leather canvas backpack rucksack weekend bag stachel (Green)
Offered by kastonecorp

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 2 Feb. 2015
Just love it - it's a real upgrade from a normal backpack

Bumper Card Making and Scrapbooking Kit
Bumper Card Making and Scrapbooking Kit
Offered by Creativity Papers

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Feb. 2015
Loads of card making stuff - wow, this will keep us occupied for at least a year!

LEGO Super Heroes 76022: X-Men Vs. The Sentinel
LEGO Super Heroes 76022: X-Men Vs. The Sentinel
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the X-men, 2 Feb. 2015
Fab! Love the X-men characters

Forever Young Girl's Deluxe Princess Peach Costume - Super Mario (8-10 years)
Forever Young Girl's Deluxe Princess Peach Costume - Super Mario (8-10 years)
Offered by Forever Young.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight on the arms, 2 Feb. 2015
The arms are a little tight on my daughter. She's just turning 8, slim and won't wear it because it cuts into her (we got the 8-10)

DISNEY PRINCESS SNOW WHITE SOFT PLUSH WINTER DRESS UP DOLL
DISNEY PRINCESS SNOW WHITE SOFT PLUSH WINTER DRESS UP DOLL

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soft doll, 2 Feb. 2015
Lovely lovely doll. My daughter is absolutely thrilled with it. She's beautiful and soft, great for cuddling in bed so I'm told.

The Ultimate Guide to Writing and Marketing a Bestselling Book - on a Shoestring Budget
by Dee Blick

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every writer that wants to write a bestseller, 2 Feb. 2015
I got this book after I was about 30% of the way through writing my own book and while I was kicking myself for not reading it earlier(!) I'm so glad I've got it now. The book is split into 3 key parts. 1. Writing 2. Printing and Publishing 3. Marketing. Dee has written 2 bestselling books herself and has been really open and honest about her publishing journey, what's worked and what hasn't. She has a very easy writing style and the book is written in a very organised way (practicing what she preaches). Reading the writing section was a revelation for me and has changed the way that I have structured my chapters and given me a good idea about all the elements that I will need to include in the book. It was also very interesting to read the sections on printing and publishing.

One of the things that's particularly interesting about Dee's book is that she has self published, self published via a partnership publisher and been published by Wiley. Also, her books are still best in category on Amazon, 2 and 3 years AFTER they've been published. Not many authors can say that. Most books on writing, publishing and marketing these days are written by Kindle bestsellers and by people who just don't have the longevity that Dee has. I love that her strategies are about the long term game rather than the short term get to #1 and then watch your book listing go back down to #234521 in the Amazon best seller list.

Dee has a really strong background in marketing and it's refreshing to see advice that is not just based on do social media and build an amazing blog. She talks about using offline strategies including speaking and exhibitions as well as online marketing for your book. She really knows her stuff and is very generous with sharing it. My book isn't finished yet, but once it is I absolutely plan on building my marketing plan around her advice.

I would just finish by saying that even if you have already started writing your book, I highly suggest that you pick this one up and read it fast, because Dee will help you write a better book.

Rookie Bliss Junior Adjustable Roller Skates - White/Purple
Rookie Bliss Junior Adjustable Roller Skates - White/Purple
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter won't take these off, 5 Mar. 2014
We bought the as a present for my 7 year old and she absolutely loves them. She's very stable on them and I'm glad we got them instead of inline skates. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3