Profile for ESMedici > Reviews

Home: A Time Traveller's Tales from Britain's Prehistory
Home: A Time Traveller's Tales from Britain's Prehistory
by Francis Pryor

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy for budding Prehistorians, 9 Jan. 2015
As a writer, Francis Pryor has a great way of engaging the reader. This book seems to lead everywhere but in a great way as it leaves you thinking and imagining. Pryor clearly loves his subject and it shines through. I am very fond of the fact that he is happy to tell us his personal opinion without dressing it up. I've read 100 pages in just a week which is amazing considering i've been working full time!

A History of Ancient Britain - Series 1 [DVD]
A History of Ancient Britain - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Neil Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Life, 12 July 2013
When I say this documentary series changed my life I am not kidding. I first watched this series knowing very little about history and flicking through the television channels. Simply put, it inspired me to learn and I am now well educated on the subjects of prehistory through to the Middle Ages, all because of this documentary. I've spent the last 2 years solidly reading and researching. I can't say why this documentary inspired me, but it did.

Definitely buy his accompanying book, and if you want a more complicated and in-depth study of this period afterwards buy Francis Pyror's 'Britain BC' and Barry Cunliffe's 'Britain Begins'. Concerning prehistory, the trick is to start off simply with documentaries and work your way up to professional archaeologists's books. If you start too advanced it'll soon wear you down with the bulk of information.