Profile for Emerald > Reviews

Lenormand Wahrsagekarten: Mit Astrologischen Symbolen
by Hildegard Leiding
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Yes, Yes !, 7 Mar. 2014
Well, as you can tell from my heading I would say YES to these little cards any day. I love the oval style where the images are inset and the whole look and feel of the cards.

They are a perfect size and the card is pretty good quality.
I like the soft use of colours in this deck and find the images clear and easy to read with.

I get an "old style" feel with these, although I'm not exactly sure why.

I am not clued up on astrology so I can't really comment on the astrological signs that are included on the cards.

I would recommend these cards for someone looking for a good Lenormand deck.

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
I was so looking forward to getting this book but very disappointed with. Perhaps I had built it up to be greater in my mind than it actually was due to advertising hype, other peoples reviews and good marketing skills.

There is nothing new in this book, no secret as far as I'm concerned. Its basically all about the law of attraction... whats new about that? The whole book continually goes over, and over the same stuff again and again.

Visually it's a lovely little book with a pleasing cover but its contents for me are repetitive.

I haven't even finished the book if I'm honest, and thats certainly not like me at all.

I wouldn't personally recommend this book unless you have never read anything like this before. If thats the case there may be enough in it to hold your interest.

Hope this is helpful.

Motorcycle Ladies XTRM 102 Water Resistant Boots Size UK 4 Touring Urban Boots With Heel
Offered by Gearedbike

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 7 Mar. 2014
I wanted a motorcycle boot that was a little last like with a heel if possible and was pretty chuffed when I found these on Amazon. I felt they were great value for the price, providing both the heel ( that I so wanted) along with protection for riding. They are well made and I believe the soles are moulded on and have grips on the bottom. They zip at the sides making them easy to get on and off. I am between a size three and a half and four and went for the size 4 which was a good job as they just fit so this makes me think they are slightly on the small side, especially if wearing a thick pair of socks. Overall I am pleased with my choice and think they are excellent for the money.

Sun and Moon Tarot [With Booklet]
Sun and Moon Tarot [With Booklet]
by Vanessa Decort
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ! Love Sun and Moon, 7 Mar. 2014
In the past this is a deck I would never have chosen as I was never really into unrealistic decks. However, this has changed and when I saw a few sample pictures from this deck I immediately knew I just had to get my hands on this deck. There was something magical about the tiny faceless people that totally intrigued me and I loved the vast amount of empty space that was in each card. On receiving the deck I was not disappointed and immediately loved it. The cards are a great size to work with, easy to shuffle and good quality card. Just right for my small hands. The artwork is childlike which is delightful and really works well as it gets the imagination going. Some of the characters are really funky and modern with their trainers, dreadlocks and hoodies which gives the deck a really modern feel. Words are bodly written at the top of the minors as in Thoth decks such as gain, oppression etc. For some this may be a problem but I actually don't mind this at all. The court cards are Prince, princess, King and Queen. Each prince and king ride an animal, such as a dolphin for the prince of cups, a lion for the prince of wands and a unicorn for the king of wands.

The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER!! (House of White Library-Aphrodite's Book of Secrets)
by Dusty White

5.0 out of 5 stars The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot- Ever, 7 April 2013
I don't normally write reviews for books but I felt that for this one I should make the effort.
When I ordered the book I secretly hoped that I had done the right thing and not wasted my money as I have bought Tarot books in the past only to be disappointed with them. Not the case with this one, I immediately new that this book was going to help me learn tarot in a way no other book had offered. It makes learning fun and when you are enjoying yourself you take in more.
I have not completely read the whole book yet although I've peaked at the later pages ... oops! but I am working through the exercises and have joined the online forum which in itself offers a wealth of information.
This is definitely a book worth buying and working with.