Profile for M. Graham > Reviews

Content by M. Graham

M. Graham "Bookworm" (UK)

Surviving the Early Loss of a Mother: Daughters Speak
Surviving the Early Loss of a Mother: Daughters Speak
by Anne Tracey
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming to know why I think and do the things i do...., 13 Nov 2012
What a succinct study into the lives of those little girls who lost their mums young (0-11). The book reviews how maternal loss was dealt with decades ago (e.g. never spoken about), the effect of loss on the daughter, and the resultant effect on their childhood, teenage and adult personality/life; and finally it encompasses how the traumatised child deals with adult life (marriage, motherhood, subsequent losses).

For those that feel in the dark about why they do what they do this answers the questions, some long sought after, and some quite enlightening. It is similar to Motherless Daughters in its conclusions but it is less voluminous in its array of stories. Dr Tracy has used a sample group of 26 Irish ladies of varying ages to draw her extremely perceptive and "to the point" conclusions. It is based on the Irish population, however the trauma and resultant effect of losing a mother crosses borders, races and languages. What happened in Ireland, happened in England, the US, Australia to name a few....

I think I underlined most of the book as it resonated so deeply. There's no messing with airy fairy empathetic language in this title. It is an academic-ish study. Be strong if you are reading it for yourself. Equally it is totally recommended for spouses of those who have lost young to help them comprehend the enormity of the loss and the effect it has had in all aspects of life. Finally, I would recommend it to anyone dealing with or working with ladies that have been through the life-changing event of mother loss pre-puberty.

It was an eye-opener and answered many questions for me. Validated the way I live I suppose.... Thank you Dr Tracy for taking the time to focus on a subject we all want to talk about, but society wants to brush under the carpet because its too upsetting.

Rabbit Costume
Rabbit Costume
Offered by Virtual Values UK
Price: 14.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect...., 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Rabbit Costume (Toy)
My daughter wore this hiking, to school, to bed, to everywhere. Its excellent quality, its very hard wearing and washes and cleans brilliant. 5 stars *****

Motherless Mothers: How Losing a Mother Shapes the Parent You Become
Motherless Mothers: How Losing a Mother Shapes the Parent You Become
by Hope Edelman
Price: 8.87

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 20 July 2011
Best book ive ever read on this subject. Extremely informative, and definitely fills a huge gap in the market. Hope, thank you

EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 9800 TORCH RAINBOW STRIPES SUPER SLIM CLIP ON PROTECTION CASE/COVER/SKIN

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 20 July 2011
Bought this to protect my torch but all it did was snap on so tight it prevented the phone from working properly, so i had to stick in charity bag!!! useless.

Magimix 4200XL Food Processor in Deep Red
Magimix 4200XL Food Processor in Deep Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Red is best, 7 Jan 2010
The 4200 is the best mixer I have ever owned. I upgraded from a Kenwood and I dont think I'll ever look back. Its extra large so I can bake loads for my family and friends. The colour is vibrant and adds an extra bit of fun to cooking with the kids. My 3 year old loves it!

Everything about it I cannot fault. It is quiet, its fast, its powerful, it comes with all the major blades and accessories you'd need, its exceptionally well made, and doesnt bounce around the worktop when processing a big load, like my Kenwood! A fantastic accessory for any budding cook. We all love it, and my friends want one too now....!!