Profile for jon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it. It drew me in with rich characters ..., 22 July 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
Many others have praised this book; rightly so. I loved it. It drew me in with rich characters and a sweeping time-line covering decades , lifestyles and personalities. The most remarkable feature was the author's skill and insight in describing the characters' thoughts and actions. Her metaphors and similes are sublime and bring the subjects sharply to life, so I felt like I knew and understood them. Totally absorbing. The best book I've read in years..

Delonghi ECAM22.110.B Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, 220 Watt
Delonghi ECAM22.110.B Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, 220 Watt
Price: 408.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Proper coffee, 27 April 2014
I have had this machine for about three months. The coffee it produces knocks spots off the Nespresso machine (with capsules) I had before. This is the equivalent of having a Costa or Starbucks in your own kitchen.

It makes rich, fragrant, deep-flavoured cups of coffee from whole beans (I use Lavazza) which really satisfies. The crema is thick and full.

I usually drink my coffee black, but if I want a latte or cappuccino the steam wand works brilliantly and is very easy to clean after it's done.

You can spend three times the price on bean-to-cup machines but in my opinion there's no need.

Jet Flame Pencil Butane Gas Refillable Lighter Torch Fuel Welding Soldering Pen By Buyincoins
Offered by Bingo-UK
Price: 2.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Substantial!, 25 Jan 2014
I received wrong item from China after ordering this product via Amazon (two printed circuit boards with USB inputs!) but after contacting the seller and sending them a photo of the wrong product they sent the right item without question.

This is a very substantial and well-enigineered piece of kit which works very well.

It produces an impressive jet flame which would be well-suited to minor soldering jobs and would light a cigarette in high winds and the worst storm! It also produces a conventional flickering flame at the flick of a switch.

Good product and low price. However, at about 8 inches long it is not a viable cigarette lighter for everyday use.

Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Shaver
Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Shaver
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks, 7 Jan 2014
Great little portable shaver which is really effective and all the better for being battery powered. It is light and manoeuvrable and easy to use, especially for those more intricate jobs. Wouldn't be without it as a back up and addition to my mains powered shaver.

Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
by Hugh Howey
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
Bought the Wool and Shift sequel for lots of pool relaxation on a winter holiday in the sun. I don't normally read sci-fi but was intrigued by the plot summary in the reviews and loved the concept. I was soon drawn in to the foreign world these books describe and fascinated by the story. Thought provoking and immersive, I loved them both and read them back to back. Recommended.

Shift: (Wool Trilogy 2)
Shift: (Wool Trilogy 2)
by Hugh Howey
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing read, 7 Jan 2014

Beautiful 'Juliana,' glass perfume bottle in a metal holder, decorated with purple flowers, crystals and a butterfly. An ideal gift for her (561PB).
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Jan 2014
A small gift for a friend. She loved it, as did all her friends. Very happy with this purchase because it is of good quality and nicely designed.

Bosch Rotak 34 LI Ergoflex Cordless 36 Volt Li-Ion Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width)

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy, 8 Nov 2013
I love this mower. No longer do I have to pick up and move a trailing cable as I mow the the lawn. The battery has never run out as I mow the front and back lawns which cover the same size as as a tennis court. One of my best buys.

Body Brush
Body Brush
Offered by beautifully organic
Price: 7.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Body Brush (Misc.)
Before I bought this brush I had a similar one which was far too long in the handle and was virtually useless it banged against the sides of the bath as I tried to use it. This is perfect to scrub those difficult-to-get-to bits on my back. It is compact and well-designed for the job.

Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad
Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad
Offered by easi2shop
Price: 23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep heat, 18 Aug 2013
This is a good buy. I place it in the small of my back, set it to level 2 and just relax! It works wonders. Heat setting 3 is not bearable beyond a few minutes because it's so hot, but is a welcome boost. Great product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4