Profile for Miss S Bill > Reviews

Hardcastle Red & Black Child Car Booster Seat - ECE Approved
Offered by SDE Online
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Booster Seat, 18 Jan 2014
Great car seat for my large 7 year old. This is a spacious and very light seat. I would highly recommend.

Best Kept Secret: Book Three of the Clifton Chronicles
Best Kept Secret: Book Three of the Clifton Chronicles
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kept Secret, 18 Jan 2014
This is the third of the chronicles and an absolutely fabulous read. I had difficulty putting any of them down and I am very much looking forward to the fourth one out in March. I highly recommend this easy and absorbing read.

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The sins of the father, 18 Jan 2014
The second of the chronicles, following on from Only time will tell, and there is a third Best Kept Secret with the fourth out in March.

This is a continuous story which keeps you on the edge of your seat. I had a hard time putting these books down. I highly recommend them.

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Only time will tell, 18 Jan 2014
As usual, the master storey teller has done it again. This book is one of the best easy to read and compelling stories. I have the other two follow on stories, the sins of the father and best kept secret and I am waiting for the fourth which is out in March. It was a struggle to put the books down.

Aqua Dragons Underwater World
Aqua Dragons Underwater World
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Aqua Dragons - waste of money, 18 Jan 2014
My 7 year old son wanted this for Christmas so this is what he got. I followed the instructions to the letter and I even went out to buy the required bottled room temperature water. The 'dragons' appeared after day 1 and continued until day 4 and then disappeared and all I had left was smelly water with little dots floating about.

As I know how delicate these types of things can be, I was very careful but I had a feeling this was never going to last for long and I was right. I think this is a complete waste of money, time and effort. I would definitely not recommend this item.

10 Voice Changer Megaphone style with flashing lights
10 Voice Changer Megaphone style with flashing lights
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd
Price: 10.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice Changer, 18 Jan 2014
This is a fun megaphone. My boys love playing with it, however, a sound proof room might be good here as it can be very annoying!

Meccano 25 Model Set
Meccano 25 Model Set
Price: 26.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Meccano for technicians, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
My brother and I had Meccano when we were children and it was wonderful and very easy to construct (we are in our 50s now). This one is for ages 8 and up. Now if you were a high flying 8 year old going to Cambridge (if one could at that age) then you would probably be ok. There is no way an 8 year old could follow these instructions. My husband had to make the structures as it was impossible for my son, who is actually very good at construction, and it took him hours of frustration especially when my son picked up the toy only for bits to fall off (and yes he had tighten the nuts and bolts!). If this construction set is for children then please make it for them.

Staedtler Triplus Fineliner 334 SB20 Tips Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 20)
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Staedtler, 18 Jan 2014
I have bought many felt tipped pens over the years and to me, these are the best. I have two different sets and these are the finer tip which are great for detail. They seem to last a long time compared to all the other pens I have used.

Rumble in the Jungle
Rumble in the Jungle
by Giles Andreae
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Rumble in the Jundle, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Board book)
This is a small hard back book which we bought to replace the torn paperback we had. These books are always a big his with the little ones. Lovely.

LEGO Games 3860: Heroica Castle Fortaan
LEGO Games 3860: Heroica Castle Fortaan
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroica Castle Fortaan, 18 Jan 2014
As with all Lego sets this is great. My son has two of these Lego games and we are planning on getting the other two. The games are well devised although explanation on completing the game could be clearer. This is not of great concern as it is one of those games where you can sort of devise your own rules and as long as you are consistent, it works. I play this with my son quite a lot and thoroughly enjoy the game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3