Profile for Robert > Reviews

Robert

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Souls II (PS3)
Dark Souls II (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars A perfect game if you have austism are a masochist and have a micropenis., 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dark Souls II (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is not enjoyable at all. It reminds me of a freeware korean mmorpg. As someone who usually loves dungeon crawler games, I really hated this one. There are never any summoning signs open and no one ever comes to my summoning signs when I request help. I've put 13 hours into this game so far and I do not enjoy it at all. I hate the mechanics and the compressed feeling levels. There is no sense of epicness like you should feel in a dungeon crawler. I think this is mostly a game that lures people in for the hype of its difficulty but I do not think it is a fun experience at all.

Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc, 2nd Edition
Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc, 2nd Edition
Offered by Scenic Labs LLC

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money if you own a modern tv., 29 Oct 2014
This is a waste of money if you own a modern tv. I recently purchased a 50" plasma tv and was obsessed with quality. I was happy with my tv before but I have some sort of ocd compulsion where I want everything to be perfect. I used this and went though basic calibrarion. The levels it recommended were much too dark and made everything look awful. My tv has a built in tool for calibration settings (colour filters, etc) and it works much better. The built in calibration makes everything look fantastic and almost 3d. I think this product is a big waste of money unless you have a very old tv. I've experimented and have spent quite a long time with this disc but it just made things look worse vs the built in calibration test my tv already has. The only thing that this disc benefited me was that I could push the sharpness quite a bit higher than I expected. Not worth the inflated cost for this outdated esoteric product if you have a tv made in the last couple of years. My tv already has perfect tint and colour levels. I felt stupid buying this as it just confirmed my colour levels were already perfect and this disc pushed my contract and brightness way too low. Even the instruction manual and included blue filter lenses are more suited for old tvs. My tv has built in filters for colour adjustment and settings for fine tuning that go beyond this disc. This disc was not helpful at all but maybe helpful for a tv or projector that was made in the 90s. Big waste of money for me with a 2014 50" plasma tv.

LG 50PB660V 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Smart Plasma TV with Freeview HD
LG 50PB660V 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Smart Plasma TV with Freeview HD
Offered by Electrical Discount UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice TV for the cost, 28 Oct 2014
Very nice TV for the cost. I purchased this TV elsewhere from Amazon for a bit cheaper to start.

I currently use this tv for gaming, HD movie streaming, as well as a pc monitor with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I am a very critical person and I really can't fault this tv for any lack of quality. It is really quite good in all aspects. I picked a plasma over an lcd because lcd lacks in deep blacks and contrast. If you are used to lcd the only thing you will really notice as a downside is screen persistance where a faint ghost outline appears if a stable image has appeared on the screen too long (think a menu or a widescreen movie). But once you switch to something else with more varied action it clears up in a couple of minutes.

There is a game mode on this tv which reduces latency, so if you game or use the tv as a pc monitor it is the essential mode you'd want to use. I havent noticed a huge difference between it and using expert mode with some enhancements like trumotion. Only difference I've really noticed is that it lags when not using game mode.

Sound on the tv is quite ok. It doesn't sound horrible. It won't blow you away but for what it is it is functional and works well. I dabble in audiophile headphones and the like and I can't fault it for anything bad standing out.

Only problem I've had with this tv is that I though 50" would be huge but after having this tv I crave even more now. Ny next TV will be atleast 60".

Watch Dogs (PS3)
Watch Dogs (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rushed mess that will leave you wasting hours just trying to play., 27 Sep 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS3) (Video Game)
Bought this game recently and I can't believe what a mess it is. The game freezes when loading. Or the first mission at May Stadium does not work right. Either or. I spent hours trying to get this game to play. Even restoring my ps3 file system and uninstalling and deleting the game at least 4 times. I even exchanged for another copy. I've played about 20 ps3 games on my system in their entirety and no other game causes me problems. When I goto Ubi's forum to ask why this game gives me so much grief in simply not working, their forum does not even load when logging in this using my HTC m8. I am fortunate enough that the place I purchased from gave me store credit for an exchange when I returned this piece of garbage. Ubi seem to be incompetent nitwits. Fix your game and fix your forums and stop wasting peoples time, you idiots.

SAMAR® - Premium Quality Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for New HTC One M8 [GLASS.X Series SLIM] (0.23mm) Ultra Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Case Specialist

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Casebase Tempered Glass Screen Protector., 7 Jun 2014
I originally bought a Casebase glass screen protector but had to return it after a week as it developed strange air pockets as though it wasn't adhering 100%.

I've received this today and it's quite a bit better. It's still a bit stiff to use. With these glass screen protectors, the movement of your finger over the screen isn't as slick/smooth as without a protector. But I suppose that is a sacrifice to be made to prevent scratches.

I'm not getting any of the odd pockets underneath the screen as the casebase protector.

The packaging of this protector looks leagues more professional than the Casebase. It is more informative as well.

The only negative is that it doesn't come with an alcohol swab to clean the screen 100%. Not a big deal for me as I put this on immediately after taking off the casebase screen.

This is a few pounds cheaper than the casebase protector too. So for any who are on the fence as to which is better. I would advise to choose this one.

Wenger EVO 18 Swiss Army Knife (85mm)
Wenger EVO 18 Swiss Army Knife (85mm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Modern Swiss Army Knife., 31 May 2014
No complaints from me about this knife. It's solid quality and build and the modern grips made it feel nice in hand when using. The scissors are quite good quality for a multitool knife and larger than I expected. It comes well sharpened.

It would be nice if it had an LED and if the flathead bit locked at a middle pivot point to allow extra push when trying to budge tricky screws. Other than that it's really nice quality.

LINDY 0.5m USB OTG Type Micro B to Mini B Cable - Black
LINDY 0.5m USB OTG Type Micro B to Mini B Cable - Black
Offered by RMXdirect-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cables but I wish they made shorter ones., 31 May 2014
No issues with this really. The build quality is good and it's nice of Lindy to make a somewhat obscure cable like this. I'm using it for a phone DAC. It is way too long for the intended purpose however. If lindy made on 1/10 the length as this it would be perfect.

Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Electronic_ stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the cost but not perfect, 31 May 2014
It's a nice enough phone. Definitely now the benchmark for budget phones as most cheapy phones are absolute junk.

It has a few issues however.

Usable space is about 4 gigabytes in total. Once the phone reaches around 700 megabytes of space left, it won't allow you to install new apps. It will say "insufficient space error".

It's buggy to open the dial pad. If I want to make a call, I click on the dialpad and it doesn't show up. I have to exit out and click on the dial pad again for it to finally show. Very annoying bug when you want to make calls.

Apps often goto a blank screen when you open them. I use a mobile ticket/bus route app and when I open them they often just sit at a blank black screen. Thought perhaps it could have just been those particular apps but it does it with other apps as well. Clearing the cache or memory doesn't fix it. The phone must be turned off and on again for them to open up again properly.

Those are a few off the top of my head. If you're used to using a very cheapy phone, say something like the Samsung Galaxy Y, you will absolutely love this phone however. GPS is very quick and has a strong signal. Call quality and signal quality are also good. The build is also solid.

Comply Tx-100 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips With Wax Guard Medium Black 3 pairs
Comply Tx-100 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips With Wax Guard Medium Black 3 pairs

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 31 May 2014
These are fair enough earbuds. Not quite the same quality as the ones that came with my Shure se535's. I do like that they have ear wax guards. This will help protect the sound dampers.

I had to order a size large because the medium ones were too small.

HRT Microstreamer
HRT Microstreamer
Offered by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision On-Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Laptop and Android, 26 May 2014
This review is from: HRT Microstreamer (Electronics)
I bought this as a step-up from a Xonar U3 DAC, which was originally a step-up from my laptop's internal sound card (which is awful) and I'm extremely happy with this DAC.

Just as a comparison. I bought the Xonar U3 because I got electronic interference noise with my onboard laptop soundcard.

A/B'ing the laptop soundard and the Xonar U3 I could immediately tell the difference. I thought the Xonar U3 sounded really good.

After getting the HRT microstreamer. I of course A/B'ed the two and though the Xonar sounded extremely flat and congested next to the HRT. It sounded horrible. (And I originally thought it sounded pretty good).

I've been using a pair of Shure SE535 for a little over a year now and have never been too concerned about the signal source but I was really missing out. The HRT brings all my music to life and it's now extremely fun and engaging to listen to music.

Basically what this will do for you is to give your music more depth, detail and space. I can hear things like the bass strings vibrating when they are plucked. Before I would only hear a muffled bass sound rather than the strings vibrating. And these small previously unnoticeable sounds stand out and sound alive.

The perk is I am also using this on my phone for the same audio quality. I can get incredible sound on the go. Now I just need to purchase a phone that has enough space to store 96khz flac files and I will be a happy camper.

Page: 1 | 2