Profile for Jason Randell > Reviews

Death Magnetic
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One word....EPIC!, 13 Sep 2008
This review is from: Death Magnetic (Audio CD)
This is just AWESOME. No question about it..Metallica back to their Master Of Puppets and Ride The Lightning days? Yes indeedy!!
I aint going to go on with a review, there have been some amazing ones on here already, just go and buy...this is just great!

When Angels And Serpents Dance [Us Import]
When Angels And Serpents Dance [Us Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars POD Back To Their Best., 28 Aug 2008
I have to admit, I didn't go much on the previous POD release "Testify", just didn't sound right to me, it felt as though Payable On Death were trying too hard.
So I was very hesitant about getting this, but as soon as I had heard the first four tracks I knew POD were back to their Brown and Snuff The Punk days.
This is a great return to form and this is up there with "Southtown", which in my view was PODs best.
POD have just rejuvenated themselves with the welcome return of Marcos and is just a great release. My faith in POD has been restored.

Saudades De Rock
Saudades De Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return for the funk rockers!, 13 Aug 2008
This review is from: Saudades De Rock (Audio CD)
All I am gonna say is buy BUY BUY!!!!! This is Extreme back to their funk rock best, absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! Album of the year? OH YES!!!

United By Fate
United By Fate
Offered by OnlineMusicFilmsGames
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Quicksand you will love this., 31 July 2008
This review is from: United By Fate (Audio CD)
Well.....as I like Quicksand I knew I was going to love this, Walter Schreifels next band project. I aint too sure if Rival Schools did another album after this debut or not but to get to the point, Walter Schreifels has this infectious voice, it's difficult to explain as it's so different to anyone else's. The songs are catchy, infectious, emo punk hardcore rock...that's how I can only describe it. If you have heard anything by Schreifels former band Quicksand you will love this, great stuff.

Venus in Overdrive
Venus in Overdrive
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Ricks back to his 80's best and then some....a CLASSIC in the making!, 30 July 2008
This review is from: Venus in Overdrive (Audio CD)
Well, I got this today, and all I can say is I am gob smacked..I have heard a few stories about this release and it seemed as though Rick was about to release a classic, I was a little hesitant with this..how could Mr Springfield match his 80's best? But as I got the cd out of the parcel I was more excited about putting it on than ever, and my worries were brushed aside as soon as the first note of "What's Victorias Secret" was heard. This is one album opener that anyone in this genre would be proud of. Every song after this is just about some of the best pop rock heard in a long time. I aint going to go through each song, this may spoil people's first listen of this classic in the making.
Highly recommended indeed.

Body Sculpture BS1370 Twist Stepper with Bungee Cords
Body Sculpture BS1370 Twist Stepper with Bungee Cords

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny-Highly Recommended!, 15 July 2008
I ordered this side stepper on Sunday evening and used the super-saver delivery option and I got it 2 days later-outstanding!! So far so good. Anyways I got the stepper out of the box and couldn't believe how impressive it looks. I had to figure one slight thing and that was getting the cord around the wheel located in-between the steps, basically you have to lift one step right up in order to slacken the cord (it was like the krypton factor for a second!) to get it on the wheel, once that was sorted it was ready to go! The computer looks very nice but there really isn't much to go on in terms of the instructions with regards to this but hey, for the price this is fantastic value for money and if I can burn a few calories then it's good for me! Just a great piece of kit, very impressed! Highly recommended!

Indestructible
Indestructible
Price: 6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The rating says it all-now go buy!, 12 July 2008
This review is from: Indestructible (Audio CD)
I love this band, and to me this is the best so far. Disturbed have never dissapointed, David Draiman has a very original vocal presence and it goes hand in hand with the excellent talent found in this band. It's just great, no words can describe how great this album is, just go and buy it, it's great!

Nostradamus (Deluxe Edition w/ 48 page hardback booklet)
Nostradamus (Deluxe Edition w/ 48 page hardback booklet)
Price: 12.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Topic Of CD Original, But Priest Sound Like Saviour Machine On Their LEGEND Opus., 18 Jun 2008
Hi love Judas Priest, don't get me wrong here, if I hadn't of heard of Saviour Machine I probably would have given this 5 stars.
But I have and Saviour Machines epic "Legend" series based on Revelation and the end times is just far more superior in atmosphere and musicianship and I can't help but think "did Mr Halford and the rest of the guys listen to SM prior to writing the music to Nostradamus?" as it's just so very similar.
Like I have mentioned, I love Priest..without them we wouldn't have the likes of Anthrax etc....but I have to give this 3 out of 5 as I have heard it before with Saviour Machine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2008 11:39 AM BST

XV - Ltd Ed
XV - Ltd Ed
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.03

5.0 out of 5 stars King's X Are Back To Their Best With "XV"!!, 18 May 2008
This review is from: XV - Ltd Ed (Audio CD)
I managed to get this CD a few days ago, a few days before release. I am a massive King's X fan and have been for 20 years now. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty.
With XV, Dug, Ty and Jerry have come up with a masterpiece. On first listen you are mesmerized by the impact of first song PRAY.....a song about all things religion, the actual music harks back to the first two albums, Silent Planet and Gretchen. Then if you can catch your breath we have BLUE, which is a little bit mellower but a great song all the same. Third song, REPEATING MYSELF is the first song of XV to feature Ty on vocals, just beautiful lyrics to a beautiful song. Then we get back to the ferocious ROCKET SHIP, which is a major highlight of XV, this reminds me of the Dogman album, quite dark and very heavy, I love it! JULIE has Jerry singing, and this is a major surprise in the sense that it holds itself up with the other songs on the album, definitely not a filler by any accounts! This is a song Lennon would have been proud to have written! Next up is ALRIGHT, the first single, and we're back to King's X of old, catchy lyrics and great harmonies. If the label got the right marketing with this single this would put King's X at the top where they belong! BROKE is just a great song, Dugs singing is fantastic, bluesy and soulful at the same time, the na na na's are just one of the standouts of the song, it has just everything, a great surprise! I JUST WANT TO LIVE has Ty back in the helm on vocals, this song wouldn't be out of place on Tys solo albums. This song just gets you thinking about life and how lucky we are compared to alot of people in the world. MOVE to me is, if there was a favorite on the album this would be it...you just hear a song that kind of plods quite happily along with Dugs singing in the verse and then explodes with the chorus and riffage! Fantastic! I DON'T KNOW has Ty singing his heart out, the break right after the halfway point is a major highlight that you don't see coming, Tys vocals are harrowing, it really sets the mood of the song. STUCK is just a balls to the wall rocker, the major highlight with this song is Tys guitar playing, outstanding! GO TELL SOMEBODY (to some people this will be the end of the album if you aint got the digipack version) is so catchy you will be singing it for days! A great song, great music. Brilliant! Next up (and yeh I have the digipack version) is LOVE AND ROCKETS (HELL'S SCREAMING) is a very dark rocker, Dug sounds pretty menacing. Then we have the closer, NO LIE..is a bit of a tongue in cheek song, it seems like the guys had a fun time recording this!
So..to some it up, a great mix of songs, some great rockers and some, very thought provoking, but hey this is King's X we are talking about here. King's X best album in a long time!! Go buy now, you won't be disappointed!