Profile for Jay > Reviews

Jay

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine exploded., 5 Dec 2013
Pretty much, after only 8 months of use, mine exploded. I might have just gotten incredibly unlucky and received a faulty one, but it's enough for me to give it a low rating as my only experience with this (usually highly recommended) brand was an extremely negative one. Luckily, nothing else in my computer fried, but it was enough to put me off purchasing another Seasonic, and I stuck with a trusty Corsair instead.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 5:31 PM GMT

Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered
Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered
Price: 7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no problems at all., 9 April 2013
Currently have all slots taken, works wonderfully! Haven't had any problems whatsoever with it and will definitely get another one should I acquire a bunch more USB devices than my PC can handle.

SATA Serial ATA to Molex Power Cable Lead Wire Adaptor Convertor for HDD
SATA Serial ATA to Molex Power Cable Lead Wire Adaptor Convertor for HDD
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as expected!, 9 April 2013
Used it to plug in the pesky front fans of my PC without having to add an extra, unnecessary Molex plug to the PSU. Converts well, works as expected. saves a cable!

Asus K52F Compatible Laptop Power AC Adapter Charger
Asus K52F Compatible Laptop Power AC Adapter Charger
Offered by Power4Laptops
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but be careful., 9 April 2013
It works like it's mean to, but.. it's a few months later, and it now shocks whenever it's plugged in. I don't entirely trust it. Thankfully the laptop it's used on isn't my main computer anyhow, but more of a backup..

Spore: Galactic Adventures - Expansion Pack (PC and Mac DVD)
Spore: Galactic Adventures - Expansion Pack (PC and Mac DVD)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent expansion, nice and cheap!, 9 April 2013
I'm a bit of a spore fanatic anyhow, had it for years, and now that I finally found the expansion at a cheap and reasonable price, I got it. Added a bunch to the gameplay which is pretty fun, and the create-your-own/downloadable adventures are great!

Batman: Gotham Knight [DVD] [2008]
Batman: Gotham Knight [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Shojiro Nishimi
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 2 I ever spent., 9 April 2013
Great little collection of stories, beautifully animated in parts and for 2 was way, way, more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Worth adding to your collection!

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - White (PC)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - White (PC)
Offered by Base
Price: 64.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality microphone, 6 Feb 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I do videos for youtube, and decided to get this headset as a replacement for my Desktop-standing microphone, being that the desktop one picked up my Mechanical Keyboard typing ridiculously loudly.

Gave these a go after reading a lot of good things about them. While the audio quality isn't terrible, the microphone was simply awful. Very quiet, very muffled, didn't record well in the slightest. Being a sound engineer also, I tried every single setting I could both pre and post-production but nothing could make it sound good. Either I received a faulty pair or they're just genuinely that bad, who knows. Wasn't purchased from Amazon, however it was the exact same set.

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
by Andy Kubert
Price: 10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read, seriously., 17 Oct 2012
I have to say this is easily in my top 2 batman stories of all time. Absolutely perfect way to end the Batman and Detective Comic series.

Incredibly well-written, beautiful artwork (especially on a certain page involving Alfred.), and a simply captivating story. The ending gave me chills, it was perfect.

Don't even hesitate, if you don't have this in your collection, get it.

Batman: The Black Mirror
Batman: The Black Mirror
by Scott Snyder
Price: 18.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than anticipated, 17 Oct 2012
I'd heard mixed reviews about it, so I was a bit unsure about buying it. However, upon receiving it, and subsequently reading it, I became incredibly glad I did.

With Dick Grayson stepping into the role of Batman, the humour in this book really shines. I love Bruce's Batman, don't get me wrong, but there's that extra element which made The Black Mirror enjoyable.

Also, the book was much thicker than I realised it was, compared to other story arcs I've collected, so well worth the money!

WRANGLER Texas Stretch Tapered Men's Jeans Vintage Tint W36INxL34IN
WRANGLER Texas Stretch Tapered Men's Jeans Vintage Tint W36INxL34IN
Offered by Jean Scene
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Oct 2012
Good fit, nice quality. I got them as a spare pair of my other type of these jeans, but they actually look and feel slightly different to my previous pair, and in fact I would say much better. Definitely would get them again!

Page: 1 | 2