Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "suziegeorge" (Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Bioshock Big Daddy & Little Sister Limited Edition Art Print Framed
Bioshock Big Daddy & Little Sister Limited Edition Art Print Framed
Offered by artcandi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent present for Bioshock fans, 4 Feb. 2013
This was a very well packaged item and arrived in a timely fashion. The price was excellent and the picture itself is high quality and was very well received on Christmas morning! I would definitely recommend this print to anyone who is a fan of Bioshock, or who is looking for a gift for a fan, and I highly recommend this seller.

Coraline
Coraline

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 30 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Coraline (Kindle Edition)
Coraline was recommended to me by a friend, and though it's a children's book primarily I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did! It's wonderfully quirky, highly original and creepy enough to keep me entertained. Gaiman's portrayal of the cat was particularly amusing and very accurate! All in all, well worth a read.

Minutes To Midnight
Minutes To Midnight
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Spankin' new album, 14 May 2007
This review is from: Minutes To Midnight (Audio CD)
OK, serious stuff first:

A VERY new sound for LP, big gamble, which I personally feel has totally paid off. Their new sound is going to be more widely appreciated and despite the fact that the screaming is pretty much gone, along with the rapping, I think that they'll gain some new fans through the changes they've made. If you're not into mellower sounds then you're probably not gonna like it, and if you're hardcore fans then the new sound will take some getting used to!

Now on a raving fan note:

It's fab, wonderful, I might be a teeny bit biased but so what buy it and love it people!

The Immortal Highlander
The Immortal Highlander

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my GOD!, 28 Nov. 2006
This book is probably the very best that Ms Moning has written so far. If you've read the others that she has written then you will have already met Adam Black (tall, dark, gorgeous... Fey!) and probably found yourself wondering about him. This book will answer all the questions you might have had about him, as well as giving you another helping of the lovely MacKeltar twins with their wives... Who can complain about that?! If you haven't already been hooked by this series, then I recommend that you start at the beginning so that you can get the background on Adam Black, although the first few books are not as good they are definitely worth reading! Make sure you have plenty of free quiet time for this one, I guarantee you're not gonna want to stop reading!

Spell of the Highlander
Spell of the Highlander

5.0 out of 5 stars The return of the Hottie Scotties!, 28 Nov. 2006
WOW! Now this one got my pulse going a bit faster! If you are already a fan of Moning's previous books then you will already know that the MacKeltar men are sinfully gorgeous characters and will not need to read this review to know this book will be no different! However, if you're new to the books and want to know how good they are, let me enlighten you. They're filled with romance, action, sex, laughter and tears and you will not regret buying any of the novels Moning has so far written. This book in particular not only brings us more of previous characters Daegus (The Dark Highlander) and Drustan (Kiss of the Highlander), along with their lovely wives, but brings us two more wonderful characters in the form of Jessica St James and Cian MacKeltar. He's from the 9th century, she's from the modern world... a match made in heaven! You're going to love this book, I could not put it down just as I could not the others! Buy it, read it, love it... And prepare to be hooked!

The Dark Highlander, the
The Dark Highlander, the

5.0 out of 5 stars It keeps getting better and better!, 11 Nov. 2006
I bought this book after reading Kiss of the Highlander, (which I had already loved) expecting another really good book to keep my occupied until the next DG one comes out... What I found was that this book was (I know, I know, seems impossible to those DG fans!) even better than any book I had read before. I adored the character of Daegus and the addition of Drustan and Gwen made the book all the more readable. You may find it hard to believe that any book about a fantasy theme is good, but I can tell you, this book is gold, you're going to want to read it over and over! It's got everything a girl (or boy, if you're into this sorta thing!) needs; gorgeous man, wonderful romanace, little bit of action and lots of lovely sex! All you need is the bottle of wine to go with!

Kiss of the Highlander
Kiss of the Highlander

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Diana Gabaldon's books..., 11 Nov. 2006
I am probably Diana Gabaldon's biggest fan, and I saw this book in my recommendations list here at Amazon. I was a little wary at first, it seemed impossible that I should find two great book series about Highland Scottish men (those of course being my fave blokes!), but I was knocked off of my feet by this book. It's just as good as DG's stuff, and probably even more sexy! Amazing characters and a fabulous plot, I was hooked and couldn't put it down! I definitely recommend this book, and the author's other work!

Agents of Light and Darkness
Agents of Light and Darkness
by Simon R. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Simon Green, 14 Sept. 2006
The second in the Nightside series, this one is really great. It is a tiny bit predictable, you find youself saying: "Surely it can't be... Nope. It really is." Despite that, it's still brilliant and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a laugh and a fair bit of gore!

Something from the Nightside
Something from the Nightside
by Simon R. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Ack! Brilliance!, 14 Sept. 2006
Oh my God, when my friend mentioned this book to me I was doubtful, usually our tastes are radically different, but I was astonished by how great it was! Yes, it's true, there are some similarities to other books, but who cares when it's so well written and when the main character is someone everyone can identify with in some manner?! The setting is fantastic, the characters are just hysterical and the ending is totally unexpected. You are so going to love John Taylor, I know I did!

Dragonfly In Amber: (Outlander 2)
Dragonfly In Amber: (Outlander 2)
by Diana Gabaldon

5.0 out of 5 stars I cried!, 14 Sept. 2006
I am not joking, this book actually got me all teared up. It's amazing, Gabaldon is a true artist. Back with characters from CrossStitch (Outlander in the U.S.) you're once again taken back in time with Claire, and this book truly will break your heart. You get swept into the magnificent story, and I think I'm understating this when I say that the Outlander series is the best around. Read it and I know you'll love it too.

Page: 1 | 2