ARRAY(0xb3c4b2dc)

The Rats
The Rats
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stand the passing of time, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rats (Kindle Edition)
I'm sure this was fantastic horror writing at the time it came out, but now...well, perhaps our naivety has dissipated, as I found this pretty boring. Had never read any Herbert before so my expectations were perhaps too high, but the writing style here is very simplistic.

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser
Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser
Price: 74.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Head snapped off within 2 days, 23 Feb 2014
Works well, but the head is so brittle that it snapped off after accidentally knocking it against the sink, so had to superglue that back on.

WENKO 3201010100 Telescopic shower corner element Compact - 4 shelves, 4 hooks, aluminium, plastic, up to 2.75 cm height, tube  2.5 cm, white
WENKO 3201010100 Telescopic shower corner element Compact - 4 shelves, 4 hooks, aluminium, plastic, up to 2.75 cm height, tube 2.5 cm, white
Price: 14.35

1.0 out of 5 stars This does NOT cover all sizes up to 2.75m, 23 Feb 2014
I have a space between my bath and ceiling of 1.82m where I wanted to put this. However, the pole segments cannot be put together to fit in that space - either it becomes too long or too short. Therefore returned this, after a long time wasted trying to resolve the shortcomings of this product. Very disappointed.

Tesa Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m
Tesa Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m
Price: 7.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if the gap isn't too big, 6 Feb 2014
I bought two of these. One works great. The other is for a gap that's about 1.5ch, and when I open the door invariably this gets caught under the door, which has rendered it useless and a waste of money. So I can only recommend this for gaps of less that 1cm.

Black & Decker Gyro Driver Gyroscopic Motion Sensing Screwdriver
Black & Decker Gyro Driver Gyroscopic Motion Sensing Screwdriver
Price: 37.06

5.0 out of 5 stars No more blisters, 9 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I seem to be living an itinerant life, moving frequently. I got this electric screwdriver to help me take down all my furniture, being fed up with the blisters that always accompanied manual screwdrivers. Trust me the motion-sensing function of this is not at all a gimmick, and has so far worked flawlessly. It's quite sensitive so you don't need exaggerated movements, and as long as you're pressing down relatively hard on the screw (so you don't strip the head of the screw) it just does the job. THe more you twist it, the faster it screws - and it becomes quite intuitive to bring your hand back when the screw is fully embedded. The battery seems to last for a good while, and will easily get you through taking down and putting back up a 2-bedroom house's worth of beds, shelves, and tables.
I'm new to electric screwdrivers, which could explain my delight, but if you're going to get one, get this. I can't vouch that it will be strong enough for more 'industrial' applications, but for home use it's perfect. Highly recommended.

Golla Angela Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Pink
Golla Angela Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Pink
Price: 36.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Much better alternatives out there, 2 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received the pink version of this cover, and am happy to say that the colour is closer to an off-red than a lurid pink - although I appreciate that that might disappoint some people. I got the cover for my Paperwhite (first edition).

The Kindle is secured into the cover with some pretty ugly elastic straps at each corner, and there is with perhaps a little too much space around it. Putting this case against my current (and cheaper) Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, it's a good 1cm taller and 1cm wider. The leather cover is also significantly thicker. Whilst this does make it bulkier, this and the elastic bounder gives me a little more confidence that the Kindle won't be damaged if I drop it.

There is a strap in the cover too, which - when open and folded back - keeps the Kindle bound to your hand, but I haven't really seen the true benefit of this, to be honest.

However, the deal-breaker for me is that it doesn't include the automatic switch-off when you close the cover that the official cover does, so the light will continue to shine and deplete the battery if you don't turn if off manually.

Ultimately I see this cover as a good idea for people who could do with the additional protection, but if you're after something sleek and more functional, the official cover beats this hands down.

Leifheit 15 m Varioline M Indoor Clothes Dryer
Leifheit 15 m Varioline M Indoor Clothes Dryer
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this, 9 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using a cheap vertical dryer which zigzags upwards until this, and this is infinitely better. This dryer folds up very flat (although still quite a large area on the x and y axes), is very easy to open up - with a satisfying click to the legs when they're in place.

When extended, the 15m version of this dryer is about 1.7m long and just under a metre deep, so you need plenty of free space for it. However, it offers a huge amount of hanging space, and in a pleasingly orderly way (it doesn't look as random and messy as my vertical stacker when filled...!) The central rods can be positioned however close or far you need them to be from each other, and the sock pegs are very useful indeed (note that these are not separate pegs which can be moved around individually, but are two strips).

As has been mentioned by other reviewers, the price is a little steep for what it is, but it's the best clothes hanger I've ever had, so splashing out a little more is definitely worthwhile, I'd say.

Ex-Pro Sony NP-BX1, NPBX1, Fast Travel-Pro Charger Sony Cybershot [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for a second battery, 25 Oct 2013
Very useful piece of kit, which I use to recharge my spare battery. Handy that the whole unit plugs into the wall without the need for cables - much tidier! Definitely recommended, and a good price too.

HTC One 32GB UK SIM Free Smartphone - Silver
HTC One 32GB UK SIM Free Smartphone - Silver
Offered by Fonz Mania
Price: 382.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of hardware, 25 Oct 2013
I've chewed my way through iPhones (my last was the iPhone 4), and have just waved goodbye to a shattered Samsung Galaxy S3 after 1.5 years' of service. This HTC One hardware knocks the polyester socks off the S3. It's incredibly fast and slick, the screen is great (and much easier to read in sunlight than the S3). I'm already stocked up with Android apps, so the whole process of setting it up was very efficient. I didn't really appreciate Blinkfeed taking up a whole screen and not being able to remove it, so I've skinned Android with Nova, and all is good in the world.
I do wish there was a slot for micro-SD, but the 32GB onboard isn't limiting me just yet, and I have used USB On-the-Go previously (allowing me to access files on an external USB drive), so it's not a deal breaker.
Battery life has proved to be a little better than average (still my first week so I should imagine that will improve).
It's quite a slippery piece of kit, however, so I would recommend getting a cover ASAP to avoid the horrible fate that befell my S3.
Thoroughly recommend it, especially as it's significantly cheaper than its two nearest rivals (Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S) for the same amount of storage. This is a joy to use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2013 11:16 PM BST

Digitus Gigabit Ethernet USB 3.0 Adapter
Digitus Gigabit Ethernet USB 3.0 Adapter
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Windows 8.1, 25 Oct 2013
Being a man who doesn't read manuals, I just plugged this straight into my laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. All the appropriate drivers loaded automagically, and I was able to get high-speed wired downloads directly from my routers via the USB 3.0 port without any intervention. Couldn't have asked for more, really, and a great price comparatively.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7