ARRAY(0xff80bb8)

Profile for Jolie > Reviews

Content by Jolie

Jolie (Downpatrick, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Trixie 43172 Jumbo Scratching Post 17  70 cm Grey
Trixie 43172 Jumbo Scratching Post 17 70 cm Grey
Price: 12.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item and price., 11 Dec 2012
My 3 cats love this but had to use different (longer) screws as the ones provided are in no way long enough, and the board fell off the wall.

Would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the screws provided, and the fact that the chipboard the scratch material is attached to was chipped off round the edges. Must have had a bumpy journey to my house.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional and warm book., 19 Nov 2012
Didn't want this book to end! Kept me interested all the way through with twists and turns in the plot. l think will be buying more books by this author. Can't say enough nice things!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Kindle Keyboard 3g, 18 Nov 2012
I've had my Kindle Keyboard 3g for a year now and since then many newer (but not necessarily better) Kindles have been released, and I have wondered of one of the other models would have been more suited to me. The answer is no.

The Keyboard 3g is everything that I want in an e-reader! Easy to use, has speakers so that I can listen to audiobooks without headphones if needs be. You can store music and listen as you read. The screen is clear and does not glare. It has plenty of storage for many books! The buttons are all in clear view and does not use touch screen technology (which I hate). The experimental browser is an added bonus. All in all it's great! Not once have I considered trading it in for a touch screen version or the newer Kindle Fires.

The touch screen ones are a bit of a cop-out in my opinion. The idea is that the screen in clear and does not glare at all times, but if you are constantly touching the screen all you are going to see are your own fingerprints! I do like the idea of the newer e-readers (not only made by Amazon) that have lit screens that are not harsh on your eyes like a backlit tablet would be. One example is the 'Nook' e-reader. I do not usually read in the dark at night so this isn't something that I would factor in when buying, but it is a clever idea.

The Kindle Fire normal and HD seems to be an attempt by Amazon to compete with the likes of Apple iPads and Samsung tablets etc. Apple dominate most of the market for most digital items but are so expensive that an alternative is very welcome! I would not use most of the tricks one of these Kindle Fire's are capable of, as I simply like to read. But my husband is dearly looking for a tablet/e-reader that is all singing, all dancing; and this seems to fit the bill well! If my Keyboard 3g is anything to go by, this new addition to the Kindle family should be brilliant!

Diabloskinz Vinyl Adhesive Skin Decal Sticker for iPod Classic - Blue Flower
Diabloskinz Vinyl Adhesive Skin Decal Sticker for iPod Classic - Blue Flower
Offered by Diabloskinz
Price: 7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price!, 14 Nov 2012
I love these skins. I have one on my Kindle and now my iPod classic.

I've had my classic a week now, and the amount of scratches on the metal backing is crazy! Especially as I've taken good care of it. So I ordered this skin, and a leather case from a different seller. You will need to a buy a leather case or something as these skins are very thin (hence the name), and won't protect your iPod fully.

Be warned- they are VERY fiddly to put on! I have an OCD about things like this being exactly right, so it took me a good few attempts to get it just so. And I trimmed the sides slightly where in went over the edge of the iPod.

The end result is stylish and stops scratches to the front and back. But the sides are still uncovered.

Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 500ml
Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 500ml
Price: 11.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite like baby powder, but close enough!, 12 Nov 2012
It doesn't smell exactly like baby powder, but it's nice enough and does the trick. I think my dog likes it a fair bit too!

Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress and Calming Plug-In Diffuser, 40 ml
Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress and Calming Plug-In Diffuser, 40 ml
Price: 13.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Calmed my 2 adult cats when a kitten arrived in the house., 12 Nov 2012
I have one dog, two adult cats and recently got a kitten.

My dog was happy with a new playmate, but my adult cats became quite skittish and nervous. One of them would even refuse to come in at night, so I looked at Feliway diffusers and sprays at first and soon saw the huge cost and thought there must be a less costly option!

To my relief I came across these. Read LOTS of reviews and decided to give them a go. It took a good 5 days to see some sort of change in the adult cats behaviour.

All the animals sniffed around the diffusers and sussed them out. They began to calm down and would happily stay in close proximity to the kitten, whereas they would flee the room before if she came to close to them. They then would sit next to her. Now they are good friends!

I still have one diffuser plugged in, but may see what happens if I turn it off for a day.

My parents also have this for their elderly cat as he pees/poops all over the house, despite being the only animal in the house. Since having this plugged in he has stopped all messing. He is more friendly and will sit closer to people he doesn't know. BUT, when the diffuser ran out one day, he went back to his old ways! So he must need it plugged in constantly.

Be warned, the 'odour' that comes from the diffuser is not particularly nice. At first I thought it smelled like one of the animals had messed somewhere. I often use oil burners or incense sticks in the house, so became used to it's smell. But my parents really don't like the smell, but put up with it as it helps the cat!

iGadgitz Black Genuine Leather Case Cover for Apple iPod Classic 80gb, 120GB & N
Offered by iGadgitz
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item for the price., 12 Nov 2012
I am very pleased with this case. Good material and nice looks for the price.

I wanted a simple leather case, and this fits the description.

I haven't rated the removable clip because I don't need it, so haven't used it.

Also came with a screen protector :)

DEAD(ish)
DEAD(ish)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story!, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: DEAD(ish) (Kindle Edition)
I read this in no time and wished that there was more if I'm honest; but despite that it kept my attention and kept me laughing all the way through!

Wii Play (Wii)
Wii Play (Wii)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!
Price: 8.78

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter game :), 11 Jun 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Play (Wii) (Video Game)
This game usually comes free with the Nintendo Wii, but seeing as a bought my console from a friend that had sold her copy of Wii Play, I had to buy another. The games are simple to play and good fun.

Brushed Satin Silver-colour Free-Standing Flip Photo Album (Holds 50 6x4" photographs)
Offered by Celebration Gifts For All Ltd
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, stylish photo frame & album!, 31 May 2011
I bought this album a while ago and forgot to write a review... so here goes.

I bought this to house my wedding photos as we only had a small ceremony, and because I wanted the photos on show- and this does both! It looks modern (not old fashioned), and was cheaper than every other album that I'd seen :)

Great buy!