Profile for Mrs. H. M. Bevan-Mohaffel > Reviews

Content by Mrs. H. M. Bev...

Mrs. H. M. Bevan-Mohaffel "hanbevmoh" (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony KDL55W829B 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart 3D TV with Freeview HD - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
Excellent tv and great service. Highly recommended

Xbox One Console with FIFA 15
Xbox One Console with FIFA 15

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Dec. 2014
No Forza download with this bundle! One very disappointed boy in Xmas day!

Pompeii
Pompeii
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Pompeii (Amazon Instant Video)
Brilliant special effects, great on a big tv. Loved it!

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
Best book I've read in years, makes Dan Brown look dull! A must read for all those who have a passion for thrillers!

Euphoria: A Decade Of Trance Anthems
Euphoria: A Decade Of Trance Anthems

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!, 28 Mar. 2010
If Euphoria is your thing - YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS!! I have been wanting an album like this for soooooooo long! For the first time ever all of the most amazing Euphoric hits are actually on ONE album. Amazing! Great price for so many tracks, I would have paid a fortune for this!

Michael Jackson Story - Unmasked [DVD]
Michael Jackson Story - Unmasked [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Jackson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars MJ FANS - DO NOT BUY THIS!, 30 July 2009
This is without exception the WORST dvd I have ever wasted my money on!! I am a huge Michael fan and as many fans probably are doing, I am anxiously buying many things to read/watch and keep Michael alive. I wanted a documentary that provided a good biography of Michael with good images. This is DREADFUL! The narrator has an unenthusiastic, dull voice, tells a story that I could have told you in more detail when I was 10, from reading Moonwalk (the book). There are no good clips on here, the so called interviews are voice only, no visuals and the majority of Michael's music isn't real (they obviously couldn't get the rights to play them). This is a very cheaply made dvd that Michael would not be pleased with, he was a perfectionist, he would have been disgusted by this. It is probably best to stick to original dvd's, such as ''Live in Bucharest, the History DVD's etc... I would also recommend the biography 'The Magic and the Madness' for a good written account of his life and to understand the real truth behind so many things. Also, 'Life of a Legend' has excellent pictures in a hardback that can be treasured. This dvd however is not worth one pence and I only wish I could have given it 0 stars!!! I remember a documentary on tv once that showed Michael having water fights etc. in Neverland (this wasn't in the Bashir interview that was repeated on tv after Michael's death, was this because it was edited?), if anyone knows what this documentary was called or where I can find it, I would be very grateful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2009 6:47 PM BST

My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for fitness - but a warning!!, 29 Jan. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Avoid Injury!! I have been training for a long time now and found this a very good all around workout. You take a fitness test that establishes your abilities and the workouts are then set to fit with your strengths and weaknesses. Being overly keen I launched straight into this, but the warm-up includes no muscles stretches. I tore my quadricep the first time I used it!! I have never injured myself before like this and I train every day. I should have known better and not continued without pausing the game and doing a few stretches.

Also, at the end of the workout, there are one or two stretches, but they don't cover all the muscles groups and even though you may have just done an upper and lower body workout, they may only ask you to stretch your triceps and back for example, so you need to add on a few stretches at the end of the workout.

Otherwise, this is a great workout programme, the variety being the best part, unlike a dvd you don't know what to expect from one day to the next and you are asked what home equipment you have, like the step, fitness ball, handweights etc. If you have them, they are each incorporated into each workout, in short bursts, so the variety is excellent.

Just brush up on your stretches and add them in before and after - or you may end up like me!

Also worth noting, is that the Wii controller is not really involved, you don't hold it or use your wii board whilst exercising, so it cannot assess your progress or tell you how well you are doing, it is more like a very interactive workout dvd, rather than a game like the wii fit. Plus the workouts are for serious fitness, not for beginners.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2009 2:54 PM GMT

Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Charlie Brooks
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, motivating and it works!!!, 11 Sept. 2008
This is an excellent workout. Charlie works well with Dee, her trainer and at no point do they annoy or repeat, so it doesn't grate on you if you are doing it for the 100th time!

It is broken down into a warm up and then a disco section, which is fun, but very easy. Next is a combat section which is much harder and will break you into a sweat. This is then followed by a high intensity section, which is extremely intense!! It is probably the most intense 10 minutes on any dvd I have ever done and I do a lot! It isn't long though and when you start to find it easier you really know that your fitness level is improving. The workout is finished off with a pilates and cool down section, which is very tough on the abdominal muscles, but short and very effective.

Each part of the body is given a good workout and you will burn fat whilst doing it and see the positive results in a short space of time.

If you enjoy this dvd then you would love the Natalie Cassidy workout, which is with the same trainer, Dee.

Enjoy!

Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natalie Cassidy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all around workout!, 11 Sept. 2008
If you enjoyed the Charlie Brooks dvd, then you will love this one. It is with the same trainer, Dee. It is a little less challenging from a cardio point of view, although there is more cardio in the workout as a whole. At no point does it get you as tired as the high intensity section of the Charlie Brooks workout. It does however work your thighs much harder, with more squats, leg curls and lots of kicks!

The workout is broken down into 10 minutes of fun warm out, followed by 15 minutes general cardio and then 15 minutes cardio combat, finished off with 10 minutes of abdominal/chest toning and cool down.

The moves are easy to follow and can be picked up very quickly, I had learnt them all by by second go, but then I do a lot of workouts, so if you are new to exercise it may take a few attempts, but not many.

The toning section is pretty challenging, but is short and the effects are dramatic if you stick with it. I wouldn't recommend doing it more than about three times a week, as it is pretty hard going on the legs and arms. If you alternate this with another workout you will see great results!

Rosemary Conley 's Brand New You Workout with Coleen Nolan DVD
Rosemary Conley 's Brand New You Workout with Coleen Nolan DVD
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley

5.0 out of 5 stars This can be anything you need it to be! Excellent!, 7 Sept. 2008
Don'e be put off by some of the negative comments and reviews on this dvd. Some find it too hard, some too easy, some think the aerobic section is too short/easy etc. I have loads of dvd workouts and I love this one, as I can use it for a short workout with 10 minutes of fat burning and 10-20 of toning, if I am having a tired day. On an energetic day I can do the full dvd and I usually repeat the aerobics fat burner. You can break into a good sweat with the aerobics section, if you turn the whole thing into high intensity and jump on just about every move (especially the hopscotch move which if you jump with the leg that isn't curling, on each move, it will really give you a good cardio workout). Alternatively, if you are new to exercise or you are feeling tired, following Rosemary or Colleen will give you a much easier workout.

I also use it for when I am trying to concentrate on toning and there are four sections for toning and bigger muscles means faster metabolism, so a day off the aerobics and a day of toning is always a good thing. The upper body section is particularly good and you can make this harder by increasing the weight of your hand weights and also if you are becoming really fit you can skip or jog every time Rosemary tells you to march, this can be applied to all sections and then you really burn off fat throughout.

All in all this is a very versatile workout and it is totally down to you how easy/hard it is and you can get exactly what you need from it.

Using this, along with many of Rosemary's dvd's and others, I have lost over three stone and gone down by 5 dress sizes, plus my fitness is the best it has ever been!

Page: 1 | 2