Profile for Mrs. T. Bainbridge > Reviews

Mrs. T. Bainbridge (UK)

A Stolen Life
A Stolen Life
by Jaycee Lee Dugard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but upsetting account of her kidnapping..., 31 July 2011
This review is from: A Stolen Life (Hardcover)
When I ordered the book I expected it to be a very upsetting read and it certainly was. Jaycee has given a very brave and honest account of what happened to her. It is written in a very straightforward, open and honest way.There are some very upsetting and graphic descriptions of her ordeal and I read the book within a day as I wanted to get to the part where she was rescued and safe.I would highly recommend this book to anyone, the courage and resilience this lady has shown is remarkable. I wish her and her daughters all the best for the future.

Zoo Faces (Cuddly Cloth Books)
Zoo Faces (Cuddly Cloth Books)
by Willabel L. Tong

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cloth book, 10 Jun 2009
I have bought this book for two of my sons over the past 13 years and they both loved the colourful pictures of the animals. Lovely book to buy for a baby or toddler.

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions From Ordinary Lives (Postsecret Book)
PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions From Ordinary Lives (Postsecret Book)
by Frank Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated & imaginative book., 28 Sep 2008
Frank warren distributed 3000 blank postcards with an address on asking people to mail him any secrets they have for an art project. He asked them to be as creative as they could in terms of illustration and design.
The result is both interesting and imaginative. There a huge variety of confessions, from funny to heartfelt and there are some beautiful illustrations.
I highly recommend this book to anyone. My older sons have also looked through it and found it interseting. It is a lovely coffee table book and one of those books that you would keep returning to every now and then. I am definitely going to buy the other postsecret books that Warren has brought out.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
by Maggie O'Farrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping but vague in places., 15 Jun 2008
I actually enjoyed reading this and felt very sad for the character of Esme Lennox. It was certainly a page turner and kept me engaged throughout. My only complaints were that the ending seemed a bit hurried and that the sub plot involving Iris, Luke and Alex was not really necessary or needed as the novel would have been better had it been fully focused on Esme.

Although I have a couple of criticisms about the book, it was definitely a page turner and is worth reading.