Profile for R. Fisher > Reviews

Content by R. Fisher

R. Fisher "FatNug" (Kent, UK)

Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya - Belly Dance DVD
Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya - Belly Dance DVD
Offered by Movies'n Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow, 12 April 2013
I am a complete beginner at belly dance and have found this DVD very easy to understand. I found the pace is slow enough to follow easily, but fast enough to keep it fun and interesting. I would recommend this to anybody wanting to get started with belly dance.

Mixed Chicks Shampoo 300ml
Mixed Chicks Shampoo 300ml
Offered by Live Salon

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 28 April 2011
I bought several Mixed Chicks products for my daughter's mixed race hair, and I wouldn't buy again. They are expensive, but I was willing to pay extra if I could find a product that would make my daughter's hair more manageable. Mixed Chicks wasn't any better than any other high street shampoo I had tried - definitely not worth the extra price. Her hair was no more manageable and still prone to becoming dry and frizzy. I have since started using Tresemme Natural shampoo which has really helped and is much cheaper. Mixed Chicks have recently launched a range for children which is sulphate-free, so that may be better, but I wouldn't recommend the standard Mixed Chicks.

SKYTRONICS 10 GANG SURGE PROTECTED EXTENSION LEAD
SKYTRONICS 10 GANG SURGE PROTECTED EXTENSION LEAD
Offered by SJD Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 15 Mar. 2010
Reasonably priced, and we are relieved not to have to switch around what is plugged in around the TV all the time any more. Great for those places where you need to have many things plugged in at once, as it is much easier with a tower to keep the wires in order (I swear, they seem to tangle themselves!). I recommend this to anyone over a regular flat one.

No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days: A High-velocity, Low-stress Way to Write a Novel in 30 Days
by Chris Baty

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 15 Mar. 2010
Chris Baty has been a hero of mine since I took part in NaNoWriMo for the first time in 2008. I'm one of those writers who is very passionate about the whole writing thing, I live and breathe it, but I'm a terrible procrastinator, even when I have plenty of time to do things. It doesn't make sense, but I know that I am far from the only one that experiences this. NaNoWriMo and this book have really helped me to start overcoming this: to be able to sit down and write a first draft and THEN be critical, THEN iron out my mistakes.

I recommend this book to anybody that has ever put off writing because of writer's block, because what they're writing isn't good first try, because they don't have time. Any reason! This book is great for upping productivity and your belief in yourself as a writer.

The Pocket Muse: Ideas and Inspiration for Writing
The Pocket Muse: Ideas and Inspiration for Writing
by Monica Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy now!, 3 Mar. 2010
I simply cannot praise this book enough! It is very, very beautiful and provides endless inspiration to kick-start a writing session. Helpful to anybody, whether an established writer or a total newbie. Amazon's 'Look Inside' feature gives you a good idea of the content of the book. It's very varied and there is bound to be something to inspire, whatever the mood. I like to open it on any page and just get going.

I'll be purchasing the second one soon!

Nigella Express
Nigella Express
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 3 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Nigella Express (Hardcover)
I bought this as a birthday present for my mother, and after looking through it, I think I'll be buying a copy for myself. The recipes sound lovely and the book is beautifully presented. I recommend this for anyone.

A Novel in a Year: A Novelist's Guide to Being a Novelist
A Novel in a Year: A Novelist's Guide to Being a Novelist
by Louise Doughty

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 3 Mar. 2010
I highly recommend this book! If you have any interest in writing a novel but have thought that you couldn't, you don't have time, you don't know what to write about, or anything like that, buy this book. It is an inspiring read with helpful exercises to help any writer throughout the book, and it never comes across as uppity as some writing guides do. This book is one of my favourites!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit, 3 Mar. 2010
It's a really nice unit and looks great in our room. It's good storage and fits nicely in our relatively small room. However, my partner found it quite difficult to assemble as some of the holes for the screws on the drawers were not quite where they should have been. Also, two of the cam locks broke and so we need to buy more before we can put the third drawer in. It may just be that mine were a couple of faulty ones, but just a word of warning anyway.

All of that said, I still say that it's a lovely unit and would recommend it, particularly if you're stuck for space as it provides a decent amount of storage space and can fit nicely into a corner.

EDIT: Brilliant customer service. I rang up and they sent me out some new cam locks that same day.