Profile for Mr. R. Patel > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Patel

Mr. R. Patel "Roshan Patel" (United Kingdom)

Quies Protection Auditive - Earplugs 35dB-3 Pairs
Quies Protection Auditive - Earplugs 35dB-3 Pairs
Offered by 20Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 20 Nov 2009
At first, when I had these, I thought it did what others' do: muffle sound, rather than eradicate it.

But after a few days of use, I found that I was inserting them incorrectly, and after I found a system, that is, to roll them into as small a "cone shape" as possible, they were amazing! It's just getting them to actually fit inside the ear canal; though not too deep, for health reasons. Provided your ears are clean, these are seemingly infinitely reusable, and even after a little experiment with heavy weights, they always seem to return to their previous shape! Truly indestructible!

I tend to suffer from very sensitive headaches when woken up unnaturally, and, I must say, these have alleviated the pain. You can still hear loud noises a little, but nowhere near enough the level to wake from sleep. These are brilliant. It's just knowing how to use them.

Griffin Wave For iPhone - Black (3rd Generation)
Griffin Wave For iPhone - Black (3rd Generation)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool Design, Poor Quality., 20 Nov 2009
After looking around Review sites, I decided that this was the most elegant, low key offering there was as protection for the iPhone. Though it is very unique in its' style, it doesn't compromise in defence for the iPhone. It's a strange thing to say, but I would happily drop this with my phone inside.

It's a very elegant design, with a "frosted" look on the back of the case, showing the Apple logo, as well as the other details. It's certainly a way of adding minimal bulk, and keeping the iPhone's sleek look.

One problem I have with this is that we seem to get a different version to the U.S. They have a set of two cases, with two different colours, and those colours match. With this one, you get a black front piece, and a white (frosted) back. In my opinion, the quality is also inferior compared to the other version: Within minutes, I started noticing that the "frosted" look is just added to a clear case, and after a few times of removing and replacing the case, it starts to peel away, leaving an obsessive-compulsive like me a bit annoyed.

Removing the case is also a bit of an annoyance, as dust and dirt particles appear to be almost attracted to the underside of this thing. I suppose it's good to have a case that is hard to prise apart (drop protection), but I think, on balance, there are better cases out there. A real shame, because I really like the design.