Profile for Mike > Reviews

Mike

Noise Isolating 9mm Speaker Earphones with Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets
Noise Isolating 9mm Speaker Earphones with Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for this price, 22 Oct. 2012
The product arrived very quickly, within a weekend. The packing was simple but good - I had no effort opening it at all.

The item is exactly the same as described, but the edge of the ear buds are a bit rough - not smoothened. Overall it looks cheap, but what matters is the sound quality - it is excellent and does isolate noise. Very satisfied after losing my good old Nokia earphones.

Sony Xperia U Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 10-in-1 Pack
Sony Xperia U Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 10-in-1 Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about satisfactory, 17 Sept. 2012
Don't if it's my bad skills I wasted many pieces before success. There are some bubbles that I just couldn't squeeze out - I cleaned the surface thorough in the sunlight to make sure there was no dirt at all. It looks closely fitted but somehow I left some blurs on the screen protector that cannot be rubbed out using a screen cleaning cloth. After putting on the protector the screen became less sensitive. There seemed to be some scratches on the protector before I used it.

Sony Xperia U TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Smoke Black
Sony Xperia U TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Smoke Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protector, 17 Sept. 2012
Quick delivery and good quality, the case is just what I needed to protect the phone.

Two points:

The case has to be reasonably thick, so pressing side buttons can be difficult;

It's not easy to take off the case, but I have a replacement battery so replacing batteries is difficult.

Otherwise it's a good product.

Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied overall, 17 Sept. 2012
I used to own a Nokia XpressMusic 5800 and I accidentally dropped it in a pond. I was then wondering whether I should get an HTC or another Nokia. HTC is excellent but I was a loyal customer of Nokia, given its solid build and wonderful quality.

But what caught my attention was the price for Sony Xperia U! For a reasonable processor, a good screen, and other lovely features £173 is absolutely a bargain. The screen is sensitive, but less after I put on a protector (in fact the screen is scratch-resistant). Never have I seen a phone with better displays in direct sunlight!

The Android OS needs updating, but it is scheduled soon. Plenty of apps and utter flexibility to customise are the advantages of Android. However I find the GPS less responsive than my previous Nokia, and the earphone plug is of a different size to normal ones (the earphones are rubbish, they don't fit into my ears at all).

The sync and bluetooth functions work well. Overall it's flawless. To summarise:

Good: excellent screen, good camera, flexible customisation, good sensors, convenient keyboard, overall satisfying

Bad: battery capacity is LOW, earphones are rubbish, don't like the music player, GPS occasionally unresponsive (even when the signal is strong).

Camera Battery Charger for Canon Digital Cameras - Compatible with NB-5L, NB5L for Canon Digital IXUS 90 IS, Digital IXUS 800 IS, IXUS 850 IS, IXUS 860 IS, IXUS 870 IS, IXUS 950 IS, IXUS 960 IS, IXUS 970 IS, IXUS 980 IS, IXUS 990 IS, IXUS 900 Ti, IXY 800 IS, IXY 900 IS, IXY 1000, PowerShot SD700 IS , SD800 IS, SD900, SX200 IS, SD990 - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 July 2011
Very, very fast delivery and it works well. But doesn't have a manual nor any info about the product (certificates etc.) and looks cheap quality.