Profile for Emma > Reviews

Life Lived Twice
Life Lived Twice
Price: 3.10

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Life Lived Twice (Kindle Edition)
Thank you to Sherrie for sending me a copy of this book for review. I read the synopsis and thought the concept was very interesting.

Tess has had a very sheltered life. When she was 5 years old something happened, which she can’t remember, and ever since her parents have been extremely protective. She’s is finally breaking free. She’s getting her own place, she’s going to college she finally feels like she has a life of her own.

Tess ends up moving into a house share with Dane. Dane is a complete sweetheart. He works hard and seemed to really cared about Tess.

This book is so completely different to any thing else I have read. It really shows that Love is forever and death can’t stop it.

I really enjoyed this book and I am very intrigued what book 2 will contain.

The Half-Life Of Hannah
The Half-Life Of Hannah
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect start to the series, 6 July 2014
Today is an exciting day! We have two yes TWO blog tours!!!. The first is The Half life of Hannah and the second is Other Halves both by Nick Alexander. Thank you to Shaz for letting me take part in these tours.

I loved this book. I honestly couldn’t put it down.

I found the scenes and the story to be very realistic. I enjoyed the typical family arguments. When you’re the one having the arguments they are infuriating. However when you watch or read about someone else’s arguments they are entertaining and sometime down right hilarious.

The flashback scenes were good, they provided just the right amount of back-story without giving away too much too soon.

This book had a great host of characters. Tristan was hilarious and a great BFF. Jill was a bit of a liability but she really bucked her ideas up and came through. Part of me hates cliff and part of me just feels sorry for him.

This story will have you reeling though the emotions from laughter to worry to shock. As soon as I finished I couldn’t wait to read the sequel which incidentally is the second blog tour today.

Other Halves
Other Halves
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect end to the story, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Other Halves (Kindle Edition)
After reading the first book I didn’t think it would get any better, but I’m glad I was wrong. I LOVED this book.

This book really hit home for me. Being a child of divorce I could really understand Luke’s point of view in this and to be honest I think he handled it pretty damn well. I was not that mature at his age.

It also really helped me see how his behaviour affected his parents. Whether he hurt them or pleased them. It was quite enlightening.

I enjoyed seeing Cliff grow into the person he really wanted to be. In the first book I hated him quite a bit but in this book I came to understand him and actually felt upset for him. His whole life the person he wanted to be as not the person he was because he had been conditioned to think that this was wrong or abnormal. I find this quite heartbreaking.

Hannah shined in Australia and I think this should have been her true home.

I had happy tears streaming down my face at the last few scenes of this book. It was so sweet. Please go buy them both now..

Frenzy
Frenzy
by Mark King
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars another great dystopia, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Frenzy (Hardcover)
Welcome to the last day of this tour. I hope you all enjoyed it. thank you as always to Shaz for letting me take part.

I have recently really been enjoying the dystopia genre. When I first read The Hunger Games I thought I had died and gone to heaven. When I read the first two books of The Divergent Series I felt the same. So I was extremely excited to read this book.

I’ve been trying to work out what I love so much about Dystiopain books. I think it’s how when the world come’s crashing down ans everyone is brainwashed into thinking something is the truth that there is someone who fight’s back. That one person that is resilient enough to fight it.

Being a city girl I found village life to not be my cup of tea. As Mary says “you can take the girl out of the city but not the city out of the girl”. I like the anonymity of the city.

Daniel had always thought that he like his father would spend his life in the village, cutting down trees for fire wood and trading it for food, tools and any other necessary supplies until he reached his 40th season and retired to the achievement centre. That was until he found out the Over-seers secret. Then his life became interesting.

Gwendolyn is a feisty young woman. I loved her spirit and her attitude. I did however spend the whole book hoping she would soften up to Daniel.

Mary is excellent. She is ever the optimist even down to the last few scenes. I was biting my lip with nerves and Mary was just there thinking it will all be ok.

When you first begin the book it’s all a little confusing but stick with it and it all becomes clear. The information is given to you at just the right pace to keep on that fine balance between intrigue and frustration. I am presuming that based on the ending of this book that it will be a series and I really hope so as I would like to see how this pans out.

If you love the dystopia genre with a good amount of tension and intrigue I would highly recommend this book.

Freak of Nature (IFICS Book 1)
Freak of Nature (IFICS Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, romantic, excellent, 6 July 2014
I saw a review for this book on another blog way back in January and it sounded fantastic. Exactly like my sort of book. So I was ecstatic when I was approved for it on Netgalley. Unfortunately I have been too busy to read it until now.

I loved Kaitlyn. She is clever and very intriguing. She is a lab rat who is hiding her feelings. After everything they did to her they assumed that she no longer had any emotions. Kaitlyn was petrified that if she did tell them they would take away what little she had left. It was quite moving to see her struggle.

Lucas oh Lucas. He is hot and steamy. He is extremley clever, finishing top of his class. He feels guilty becuase without him they wouldn’t have had the code to make Kaitlyn and a part of him thinks that what they have done just isn’t right.

Quess is a really great friend to Kaitlyn she is a nice, sweet girl.

I absolutely loved this book. I cannot wait for the rest of the series. It is going to be very interesting.

Schasm: 1 (Schasm Series)
Schasm: 1 (Schasm Series)
by Shari J. Ryan
Price: 8.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 6 July 2014
I literally just finished this book and I am totally and utterly confused.

Chloe drifts between two worlds reality and her imagination.

Her reality is pretty crappy. Her parents keep her locked in the house all the time. I’m unsure if it’s because they are ashamed or because they think she may potentially hurt herself or someone else.

In her imagination Chloe meets Alex. He is damn hot and totally in love with her. But the question is, is he real?

Chloe and Alex go through multiple “realities” or versions of her imagination. To be honest I’m still not quite sure what was happening. The back and forth totally lost me. It was quite thrilling all the same.

I’d say this is a darker and more confusing version of Wonderland and while I still don’t really know what the hell happened I enjoyed it all the same.

I am honestly looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Slope of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 4) Contemporary Romance
Slope of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 4) Contemporary Romance
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book by Melissa, 6 July 2014
Thank you to Shaz for letting me take part in this tour. Anyone who regularly reads this blog must know by now that I am quite the fan of Melissa’s Love in Bloom Series.

Rush is very similar to Blake, from the first Love in Bloom book. He lives fast and hard. He has a different woman every night. Then one morning after another sleepless night something snapped and he realised he didn’t want to be like that. He realised he was looking to fill a void that could only be filled by one person. I really enjoyed seeing the other side of Rush and watching him grow throughout the book.

Rush and Jayla have been best friends since she was 13 and Jayla has been in love with him pretty much ever since. She is stubborn, determined and hard working. She is also very clever. All she’s ever wanted is to ski so when something threatens to wreck that she panics. Jayla worked extremely hard to get to where she is and she won’t let anything ruin that. She can only see her self as a competitive skier she can’t imagine what she will do if she can’t do that or who she will be.

This book has a bit of everything love, romance humour and drama. The ending was also super sweet. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

Crazy, Undercover, Love: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Crazy, Undercover, Love: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, 6 July 2014
Thank you to the Gosling Girls for letting me take part in this blog tour. Harper Impulse hasn’t been around long and I haven’t read as many of their books as I would like but the ones I have I have really LOVED. I’ve been in need of a book like this for a little while so as soon as I read the synopsis I jumped at the chance to review it.

The main character in this book is Charley. She is a very stubborn but also very hard working girl. She left the little village she grew up in, against her parent’s wishes, and worked hard to get a job she loved. She has a flat she loves with her best friend Jess and life was well life was perfect. Then enters Tony. He is a slimy, evil, little s**t and he ruins everything.

After months of trying to get her life back on track Charley is desperate to say the least. Then her friend Amy has a crazy idea that might be Charley’s last chance. So then Charley is off to meet Mr CEO Alex Demetrio. What Charley doesn’t factor into her equiation is that Mr CEO is hot. Not your average yeah he’s pretty good looking no, no, he is sexy as hell/drop dead gorgeous/the only man she has ever really really wanted and the one man she can’t have. I loved Alex, I could see why Charley was in such a sticky situation. Apart from being hot he’s too worried about what everyone thinks of him and just a tiny bit of a workaholic.

I started this book thinking oh I know how this book is going to go down but around every corner Nikki threw a curve ball. Then I would think yeah I know it will end like this and then BAM! another curve ball. It was great. I was constantly kept guessing. I urge you to click that little link up there and buy this book it will be the best 99p you have spent in a long time.

Fractured Dream (The Dreamer Saga Book 1)
Fractured Dream (The Dreamer Saga Book 1)
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent twist on fairytales, 6 July 2014
Firstly thank you to the author for sending me a copy of this book for review.

Before you pick this book up let me warn you that it's a big book. Now that may seem really obvious but with the world of e-books it's not as obvious as it used to be. With a paperback it's pretty obvious the bigger the book the longer the story. But with ebooks it's not really the same.

Story Sparks thinks she's just a normal girl at college. She has her besties Adam and Elliot and life is pretty good. Story is on break from college so her and Adam decide to spend the day hiking. Before they get anywhere Elliot turns up insisting that Story needs him, that she's in trouble and he's there to help her. After she calms him down they all spend the day together but after a swim in the lake they end up in another world.

Here Story is forced to remember who she is and what happened to her many years before. Everyone is telling her that she must save the worlds from crumbling. Story doesn't quite believe she is who everyone else think's she is. To her she's just a normal college girl. She can't save the world.

She is forced to start a journey with her besties and this mysterious warrior to save the worlds. Firstly she must overthrow Brink who has taken it upon himself to rule this land. As the journey continues she is joined by many other characters who will wage a war with Brink to help Story to save he worlds.

There are many well known characters in this book but one that does stick out for me was Snow and Beauty. I absolutely loved the twist on their characters.

I really enjoyed this book.This book has a bit of everything. There are many moments that made me laugh and there were some when I wept. You instantly love the characters and you find yourself cheering Story and her gang on to win.

Swees Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case Ultra Slim Cover for Amazon New Kindle Paperwhite 2014 2013 2012 with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function, Including Screen Protector [Lifetime Warranty] - Blue
Offered by swees-shop
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Jun 2014
love the colour pretty much an exact replica of the offical kindle cases but much cheaper. does everything i wanted it to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10