Profile for E. Badger > Reviews

Map of Days
Map of Days
by Robert Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Map of Days (Hardcover)
I cant wait to read this again, its such an amazing story and well presented. Dont hesitate!

Beyond the Surface: Leporello
Beyond the Surface: Leporello
by Nicolas Andre

5.0 out of 5 stars A great item to study large detailed illustration, 7 Sep 2014
Wow, Im a printmaker and I first noticed the smell of the ink, so real! Its beautifully illustrated and can be hung on the wall unfolded if you like it as much as I do. Study the detail of the explorers world!

Hatch Show Print: The History of a Great American Letterpress Shop
Hatch Show Print: The History of a Great American Letterpress Shop
by Jim Sherraden

5.0 out of 5 stars Its insightful and beautiful, 7 Sep 2014
The best of the best. If you have an interest in letterpress or graphic design this should be on your bookshelf. History of the shop and its staff.

New Ghost, The (17x23)
New Ghost, The (17x23)
by Rob Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story a beautiful book, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: New Ghost, The (17x23) (Paperback)
I love this book. Its so beautiful and flows well. I have read it more than once, add it to your collection!

Fitness-Mad Deluxe Aerobic Mat - Blue
Fitness-Mad Deluxe Aerobic Mat - Blue
Offered by PHYSIOSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mat, 23 Jan 2014
I have bought mats before including the fitness first roll up mat and it was too thin. I would go for this instead without a doubt much thicker foam, it isnt as long as me (head to toe) but I have used shorter versions of this same mat at the gym. To me its a great length I would buy again, arrived in 2 days.

Biografiktion
Biografiktion
by Edition Biografiktion

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Biografiktion (Paperback)
Till hafenbrak is one of my faves so buying this wasnt a hard decision. I actually got it as a gift (via my wish list) and I was over joyed to receive it. The storyboards are great and also included are plenty of full page prints as well. 50-65% in colour rest is b&w, my only wish would have been for it to be full colour. A Nobrow win once again.

doCrafts Xcut Palm Craft Punch 1" - Circle 261803
doCrafts Xcut Palm Craft Punch 1" - Circle 261803
Offered by supermart USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived defective, 31 Oct 2013
My punch arrived from the seller, it is broken/defective and not punching the circle properly.I am Very disappointed with product obviously. It doesnt depress all the way down and only cuts half the circle (on 2 side) so it doesnt cut the whole circle out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 5:19 PM BST

Collagraph, a Journey Through Texture
Collagraph, a Journey Through Texture
by Kim Major-George

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point, 28 July 2013
This book describes well the techniques and materials require for a beginner in the collagraph world. It is a modern approach to the subject with some beautiful examples of works in progress from the author. I would have liked to have seen more techniques illustrated including working with gesso/polyfiller etc and how to build textures in the mediums.

500 Sheets Of WHITE PACKING PAPER - Newspaper Offcuts 20" x 30"
500 Sheets Of WHITE PACKING PAPER - Newspaper Offcuts 20" x 30"
Offered by Packaging.Products.Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 July 2013
brilliant value, just as described. Cheaper than most other suppliers of this paper. Use it in the studio for covering surfaces or good for children.

The Art of Encaustic Painting: Contemporary Expression in the Ancient Medium of Pigmented Wax
by Joanne Mattera

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Joanne, 28 July 2013
I have been an avid reader of Joannes blog for a couple of years now. She talks beautifully about the shows she attends on there and kindly shares lots of photos of some wonderfully talented artists, however, I was dissapointed to find that this book was not up to expectations. For example the part on image transfer is 6 lines long and there are no photos/step by step pictures of any methods. A considerable amount of the book is a portfolio of encaustic work, which although is nice (not all to my taste) and gives examples across a range of sculptural as well as collage techniques I found, mostly quite flat (but thats personal preference).
I suppose I was expecting to see some fine examples of how to create textures in encaustic work along with info on using oils with the medium (I cant recall info on layering wax over oil etc) with examples and ideas of tools to use in terms of household and everyday items and collage/monotype methods. I am a printmaker making textural collagraph plates, and was wanting to see some of the methods I saw in Joannes work in her book, however I didnt find anything more than what I already knew (basic technique). Its nice for a beginner perhaps but nothing new for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3