Profile for Shaun > Reviews

Content by Shaun

Shaun

Page: 1 | 2
AMD APU A8 6600K Black Edition Quad Core Processor (Socket FM2, 3.9GHz, 4MB, 100W, AD660KWOHLBOX, Richland, Turbo Core 3.0 Technology, Virtualization Technology)
Price: 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AMD APU A8 6600K Black Edition Quad Core Processor (Socket FM2, 3.9GHz,..., 1 April 2014
My first ever AMD processor as before would not buy any other but the other firms one. It is wicked CPU does the same as the others at a fraction of the bloated price. AMD converted.

AMD A4-4000 Dual Core Accelerated Processing Unit (3.0GHz, 1MB, Socket FM2, 65W, AD4000OKHLBOX, Virtualization Technology)
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 28.32

5.0 out of 5 stars AMD A4-4000 Dual Core Accelerated Processing Unit (3.0GHz, 1MB, Socket FM2,..., 1 April 2014
It is an excellent CPU. I was reluctant to buy AMD but they are actually very good and not over priced like some other CPUs. I have two PC controlled by AMD processors now. Don't regret my purchase at all.

I am a convert to AMD.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition
Offered by HealthXpress
Price: 38.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition - I like., 7 Dec 2013
I haven't had this for long but as an electric toothbrush goes it is good. I had always thought of purchasing an electric toothbrush and after browsing on Amazon for a few days I decided I'd go for this one. I liked the colour and the price.

I have used it and am still getting used to it. I find that sometimes if I press the head too hard on my teeth it stops but otherwise it is OK. I cannot really compare it to another electric toothbrush I had cause this is my first one but as first time goes it is not a bad experience.

Aerocool QX-2000 Gaming Cube Case
Aerocool QX-2000 Gaming Cube Case
Price: 61.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Aerocool QX-2000 Gaming Cube Case Pile of rubbish, 10 July 2013
Firstly it was damaged and it would cost me more to send it back and replace it. Placed my power supply then found could not install the hard drive in the poxy HD bay they designed as it is too f***ing short so had to use some initiative to find it another place. The wires of the power supply are all tight and placing the SATA connectors into the DVDROM SATA socket and the power connectors into their sockets is impossible. Nice looking case but unpractical and a rip off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 5:11 PM BST

Acer TravelMate 8481T 14 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 2467M 1.6GHz, RAM 3GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit/32-bit Dual Load)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer TravelMate 8481T 14 inch Laptop, 16 Feb 2013
It is an excellent little machine although I have not had it for long.
What I can say though is that sometimes 'expert' reviews are conditioned by the reviewers personal taste. For example some said that it is bland in appearance but what do they expect from a business laptop?

I am glad I bought it. I had another Acer laptop Travelmate 5810TZG 15 inch which my brother has had now for years (touch wood) and it is excellent too. Actually I have a lot of Acer products and they are very good products. The mouse pad on this one is not, so far, as frustrating as other ones I have had which were too sensitive and I hate touch pads any way.

HAD IT LONGER NOW.

I love it Wind 7 is better than Wind 8 for none touchscreen devices. It is smaller in form factor than my Toshiba U940 (which I like too) although they both have a 14 inch screen. The battery last a looooong time and because it tilts the laptop forward it makes typing relaxing unlike other laptops where you have to attack from the top - like playing the piano.

Amazon.com

I always buy from Amazon as eBay is full of junk and high postage rates if you live outside the UK and when you try to look for something you get a list of everything except what you are actually looking for! It is good for small things like pens. I like Amazon's ethos of customer comes first and I am one for life.

Thank you.

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black
BlackBerry Curve 9320 Smartphone - Black
Offered by Macway Limited
Price: 87.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Blackberry 9320, 26 Jan 2013
I bought this recently and I love it.

I did a lot of researching before buying it and was going to go for the Motorola Defy Mini as I wanted something that could stand a fall. However I changed my mind due to the loud noise it makes when you take a photograph plus its low memory.

Then I thought of a Blackberry and thought they were out of my league price wise so I looked just to have a look and came across the range Amazon have for sale. I compared the curve 9230 and 9360 the latter model and although the latter has more features the battery life is less so I went for the 9320 and do not regret it. The battery has lasted 3 days so far, not heavy use I admit but not fully charged either.

This little phone has so many features. Some I took off like FaceBook (over rated) Twitter and Microsoft related. I can connect to the Internet with it so I can update it read e-mails but I do that on my machine and it can do many other things except do my laundry and cook.

I like it so much that I bought it some accessories to protect it from scratches (screen and camera)and a hard back cover. It is a very light phone but not too small; when you are using it it feels like a phone - you can feel the phone in your hand. On the other hand I am used to texting using only one thumb and fast at it however I am still getting used to where the letters are as I am used to Nokia style keypads.

But hay! Not even a Blackberry is perfect! That is why I gave it four stars - it does not do laundry nor cook. On the other hand it is cheaper than a Hyacinth!

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba U920 hardware excellent shame about the Wind., 3 Jan 2013
Well I bought this Toshiba Satellite U940 - 100 14-inch Ultrabook (Intel Core i3 - 3217U 1.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD Plus 32GB SSD, Windows 8, Bluetooth)for portability and after spending days on end that I should have spent on writing theses rather than on reading reviews.

Format- Why 14"?

I wanted a 14" rather than 15" because I need to carry it around. At home I have my desktop and 14" is not bad for looking at text and surfing the net.

Why this model?

Well as I said I spent a lot of time on reviews and I actually set off to get an Asus as they are good (my PC is mainly Asus - self built). Anyway I found an Asus 14" book but one had an i3 Sandy bridge processor (New ones are Ivy bridge)and the other an integral battery. An integral battery means that; 1. I cannot have a spare handy and, 2. if anything goes wrong I'll need an expensive 'expert' to replace it.

This model has an extractable battery and can be easily upgraded which leaves the new owner (me) some freedom to operate in. So far its good. Usually I hate laptops or their variants due to the mouse pad as they are usually over sensitive but this one is cool.

The keyboard is fine too. I mentioned it as in some reviews I read some people complained but that is taste not a product feature flaw. Some like x and some like y. If you look at the specifications of the hardware and compare it to other offerings I think Toshiba is being fare.

On the Negative side.

The bloat-ware they use as an operating system (Wind 8) is horrible.It is not designed for laptops with traditional screens but touch screens! It is Microsoft's competition to the over priced fruit company's touch pads; Microsoft though advertise it as good for any device because if they only advertised it for touch screens they would be competing with Android too. It has applications ('apps.') I will never use and do not want. It tries to make you dependent on Microsoft for everything as their competitor Apple does.

I spent a little time on the web and thanks to some enlightened software designers downloaded 2 mini programs to convert it to the Wind 7 style as it is more functional for a none touch screen device.

Conclusion.

Toshiba is offering an honest deal to consumers. So far I am happy with the hardware. (In a few months time I will update my review if need be).

PS. Amazon delivery was fast and DHL efficient but I am sure my Toshiba got banged as there was no padding in the delivery book. On the other hand we use too much resources any way I suppose.

Update

Well the machine is excellent apart from the Wind operating system as it is so damn annoying. Each time I glide the mouse over something it opens it and I know it is Wind's fault as it did the same on an Acer laptop I had. I have tried tweaking the touch pads sensitivity and got rid of the two finger gestures ( to Wind) as it kept magnifying and reducing the size of the page I was on by just brushing against the mouse pad.

I need Wind OS for Uni. as their systems use Wind but soon Linux Ubuntu will be sitting on my wicked Toshiba U940.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 4:29 PM GMT

Zippo Logo    Lighter - Black Matte
Zippo Logo Lighter - Black Matte
Price: 16.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Zippo Logo Lighter - Black Matte. Hair raising experience. Dangerous., 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Zippo Lighter with Logo (Sports)
1. I have had it quite a while now. Delivery was prompt although I believe the first one sent got stolen during transit. They always say got lost. Anyhow Amazon sent me another one without any questions asked - thank you. By the way I am in Malta although I am from Rochdale UK so the item got 'lost' somewhere in between.

2. Now that I have had it for a while I can tell you that it needs constant filling even if you have not used it as the petrol evaporates. Therefore environmentally friendly it is not and maybe its days where in the 40s and 50s not 2000 because;

3. it is DANGEROUS when you light it watch your face as a massive flame comes out, the fringe off my hair was burnt off and I do not have that much hair left anyway due to genes I was told. Recently wanting to give it another chance after filling it up I went to light it and a huge ball of fire was in my hand. My hand was actually on fire too and it burnt all the hairs on my hand. Luckily I remained calm and put the fire out by putting my hand in my pocket.

4. Do I recommend it. Well if you are an arsonist I suppose you would love it but if not I would not think so. Do I regret buying it - yes I do. This is me.

PS. I did pull the wick down when I bought it to reduce the flame but to no use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 5:22 PM GMT

Philips AE2012/05 DAB+ Portable Radio with classic Union Jack design
Philips AE2012/05 DAB+ Portable Radio with classic Union Jack design

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips AE2012/05 Dab+ radio, 12 Aug 2012
1. Delivery time was excellent.

2. The radio looks good - the Union Jack makes anything look good although I would not wear boxers in the colours as it is disrespectful in my opinion. I would have preferred a blue ribbon rather than a red one around the Jack.

3. I choose it as it was in the 25 region which is still expensive for a small radio however DAB receivers are expensive for some reason. It is all plastic except for the speaker grid.

4. When I turn on my PC the reception dies down; I cannot pick up anything. The sound is nothing great but it is only a small radio around 20cm long 10.5 high and 4cm wide.

5. The controls are easy and uncomplicated unless of course your an imbecile as then even a pen drive will be complicated.

6. All in all it is not bad for a little radio although a little pricey for something made in China under the Philips name.

Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit
Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit
Price: 28.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl 79400-800, 13 Aug 2011
I love this thing!

I love the colour coding and of course the machine works well.

I have had it for months now and do not regret buying it. My hair was getting thin in places therefore instead of going into a depression because some of my hair had decided it had had enough,I sheer it off. A previous machine I had was torture as it nipped all the time - I think it was made in China - so I had to get rid of the torturous device.

Conclusion if you are thinking on getting the Wahl 79400-800 go for it.

Page: 1 | 2