Profile for J Mountford > Reviews

Stardust
Stardust
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, light hearted, with a great cast., 4 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Stardust (Amazon Video)
Very enjoyable! I shall watch this again :)

Harry's Last Stand: How the world my generation built is falling down, and what we can do to save it
by Harry Leslie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish EVERYONE would read this book!, 24 Jan. 2015
We're at a crossroads in time right now, especially in the UK, and Harry gives the most heartfelt and honest account of what lies ahead if we let apathy lead us down the road of wholesale privatisation.

Harry's generation lived through the harshest of times for the poor, where poverty was rife, healthcare was only for the wealthy, and you were lucky if you could survive the winter. After the second world war, times were still hard, but Atlee and Bevan had a vision for the future, a future which was inclusive of every citizen, a future where no man should die because he's fallen on difficult times.

Ever since this nation was changed, for the better of the people, one 'leader' or another has tried to dismantle this good work and return to the 'good old days' when the rich had it very good through birthright, and the poor had little or no opportunity to improve themselves, and simply worked until they died. One, Margaret Thatcher, managed to beat down the Unions and kill off the spirit of the working man as a collective and changed Britain into what it has become now. We've seen privatisation after privatisation, and now we're seeing the beginning of the end of the NHS if we don't act to stop the Right Wing parties from exploiting there "Health and Social Care Act 2012" to ruin and sell off the NHS piece by piece to the lowest bidder. Anyone that believes that the Conservative party, or indeed UKIP, want to keep the NHS as a public asset is horribly mislead, much of the funding that the Conservative party receive comes from Health Insurance firms!

We must act in the 2015 election to save what the noble generation built up out of the ashes of conflict. They fought the Nazi's to stop fascism from spreading across the face of this planet, and yet at this moment in time, we're letting fascism run riot under our noses, slowly but surely eroding and undermining our rights as human beings.

Please vote Green, or Labour, in the next election. They have your interests at heart (more than) the other major parties. I remain skeptical about all politics but the Green MP, Caroline Lucas, was charged when protesting against Fracking - someone who stands up for what she believes in - we need more MPs like her, not MPs that want to line their pockets with dirty money, printed using the blood and sweat of the poor.

So, yes, a must read!

Jump Start Responsive Web Design
Jump Start Responsive Web Design
by Craig Sharkie

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, quick guide to responsive web design, 5 Sept. 2013
Provides insight into best practises and explains the use and relative merits of tools in rapid development of responsive websites.

Killer UX Design
Killer UX Design
by Jodie Moule

3.0 out of 5 stars Still reading!, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Killer UX Design (Paperback)
Great book, helps you to get to grips with UX design, however, I was hoping for a book on web design whereas this book focuses on a mobile app.

For Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 New Stylish Black Synthetic Leather Skins Wallet Book Mobile Phone Flip Case Cover With Card Slots by eFEEL

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my phone safe, 5 Sept. 2013
Happy with my purchase - not sure if I might've preferred a case which opens top to bottom instead of left to right, as this is harder to open than ideal. Still, a good quality case and protects my phone great!

Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team
Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team
by Alina Wheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent overview, 5 Sept. 2013
Provides great insight into how we should manage Brand Identity. Everyone in Marketing should read this book! Really happy with this purchase.

Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead
Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars Song of the year, 2013, 15 April 2013
Buy it now, you won't regret it! Great song, great movie, great theme. Simply the best, buy now to avoid disappointment.

Danza Kuduro (Original Mix)
Danza Kuduro (Original Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best summer anthem of 2012, 1 Sept. 2012
Love this song - if you like feeling like you're chilling by the mediterranean, get this tune on!!

Happy, upbeat, fun.

Frankie Say Greatest [DVD] [2009]
Frankie Say Greatest [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Frankie Goes To Hollywood

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present for mum, 5 Mar. 2012
Spent a while looking for the video to the Power of Love which my mum adores, and then I stumbled across this!
Even more than she'd hoped for, this was a perfect gift!

Titanium (feat. Sia) [Extended]
Titanium (feat. Sia) [Extended]

4.0 out of 5 stars A strangely catchy song!, 5 Mar. 2012
Not the greatest fan of this genre of music, but after hearing it over and over again on the radio, it's grown on me to the point that I had to buy it!

Page: 1 | 2