Profile for Mrs Z > Reviews

Content by Mrs Z

Mrs Z

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Green - 6th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Green - 6th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)
Offered by High Tech Choice

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact but full of features, 30 Nov 2010
I have only been using my new nano for a couple of weeks, but I'm already hooked.

I bought it as an alternative to my old 1GB shuffle. I was finding the lack of a screen and small capacity very frustrating, so 8GB is a luxury for me!

It is very attractive, as you'd expect from Apple. I have added a silicone skin and screen protector to mine to keep it scratch free.

I like the menus and how you scroll through them, they are arranged into 'artists', 'albums', 'tracks' and 'audiobooks' etc with a button on the main menu for each. The buttons are the right size for my fingers and easy to use on the go.

The shake to shuffle function looks a bit odd to people watching but it is handy not to have to look through menus to change a track.

Radio is easy to set and use.

A bonus for me is the pedometer which I didn't know existed until I booted it up. It is linked to the 'Nike plusactive' website it tracks your steps and shows how far you've walked. I find I challenge myself to do a few extra steps every day.

Sound quality is fine from the standard headphones, but I use my own headphones with it because I find them more comfortable.

Battery life is good, I wish it came with a mains charger but they can be bought separately.

Overall I'm delighted with my new toy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 2:33 PM BST