ARRAY(0xb4cb4234)

A Time of Myths: A Mystery Adventure
by Mr. Chris Blamires
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 10 May 2013
I very much enjoyed this mystery novel, which flows and works towards the satisfying ending perfectly, with a great, fast pace. Description of setting was excellent and created a strong atmosphere and although the characters could have been developed even more, they engaged me, were credible, and the main five travellers were characters that I liked and could sympathise with, as a reader. The tone of suspense and dark undertones made the novel particularly capturing and thrilling for me, as was the paralleling of the time narratives of 1969 in Greece and 1986 in London which were contrasted very well and executed well with no confusion. I feel that the novel would appeal to a wide range of readers because it incorporates elements from so many genres such as psychological thriller, mythology, fantasy, history and contemporary, yet it refuses to be confined to the conventions of any genre thus stands out to me as being a very unique novel.
I commend the author's ambition for this bold novel, which is capturing and resonating through theme and depth, and I congratulate him for his success.

Kodak EasyShare M23 Digital Camera - Red (14MP, 5x Wide Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 April 2013
As a student going travelling, I didn't have a load of money to spend but wanted something to capture my memories. This is an excellent product - its lightweight and compact, so really does travel anywhere (its also pretty robust too - I've dropped it a couple of times and its fine - not even a scratch!) One of the best things about it is the long battery life (it comes with a plug-in charger and the battery lasts for hours! So much better than a camera with actual batteries - they never ever last long at all, they are a complete nightmare. Its got a few different settings, and is an average digital camera in technicalities. Photo quality is very good (and can be improved with different settings in different situations)
Also the colour is fun - the red is vibrant and shiny :)

I think its perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend too much, but wants to take good pictures on a camera they can carry anywhere (students/families).

Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems (Faber Poetry)
Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems (Faber Poetry)
by Simon Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 5 April 2013
These poems are indeed 'short and sweet' - they are a very well chosen collection of poems, leaving you able to flick through and find poems that attract you. (Because they are so short and extremely well written and resonating poems, it is actually quite addictive!) The book is small, thin and lightweight too, meaning that it is a great travel companion.

Assertiveness: How to be Strong in Every Situation
Assertiveness: How to be Strong in Every Situation
by Conrad Potts
Price: 7.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable for anyone, 5 April 2013
This book really is invaluable for anyone - it offers advice for all situations in life, such as family/work and is written in a tone and voice that is accessible to and resonates with everyone. The advice is practical and realistic, giving examples for specific situations. The book teaches you to be assertive in a non-bullying/domineering manner, and is focused on centering and empowering yourself (meaning that the advice that you learn and take on as part of yourself can be used in all situations). It helps to regain confidence and in doing so your self-esteem will be boosted too, as you realise you don't have to give in to external forces and you can get what you want in life if you just know how to go about it.

We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)
by Lionel Shriver
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have ever read, 24 Feb 2013
This book just captured me from the first few pages, and I am a pretty fussy reader - I look for good quality writing with no cliched writing techniques or obvious plot developments. This book had neither; the writing was outstanding and created the perfct tone for the content of the novel. Although some may think that the content (a teenager shooting at his high school) is unoriginal, this is not the case as it is written in a fantastic way that really does not focus on that part of the plot - it focuses on the mother of this child and her emotions. The story is told through letters from the mother to the father (again this might sound unoriginal but it isnt - its none of the 'oh what did we do wrong?' cliches; its completely original and capturing).
The ending is absolutely fantastic, changes the way you think about the whole book upon finishing, and no reader sees it coming.
Please enjoy!

Face Powder by BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion Pink Perk Me Up
Face Powder by BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion Pink Perk Me Up
Offered by Simply Beauty
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Nov 2012
I love this because it evens out your skin, gives a wonderful glow yet it never looks obvious and you can never put too much on. Honestly gives you a natural flawless look.

Lolita (Penguin Classics)
Lolita (Penguin Classics)
by Craig Raine
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of all time, 8 Nov 2012
I can't put my finger on the magic of the book - deeply disturbing and incredibly beautiful.
If you enjoy literature, please please read this book. Written fantastically well and capturing the characters perfectly, it is just a gem of a novel and will stay with you for a very long time after reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 4:45 PM GMT

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 3.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, boring chick lit, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I was expecting it to be an easier read, a holiday read, but I put it down after the first two chapters on holiday! The writing - language and style was that of a young adult novel - completely simplistic and unsophisticated.
The characters were one dimensional, predicitable and boring.
I wouldn't waste my time reading it.
Just trash.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 11:08 PM GMT

Picture Perfect
Picture Perfect
by Jodi Picoult
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst of Picoult I have read, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Picture Perfect (Paperback)
I have read all of Jodi Picoult's novels but one, and this was the worst by far. Just boring and predictable, and so unlike her other novels which are usually interwoven with morals, law and fantastic writing style. There was nothing unique about it, and it was essentially boring with very little plot to hold onto throughout.

My Sister's Keeper
My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, excellent writing, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Paperback)
I am now a huge fan of Jodi Picoult, but this was the first book I read of hers, and the best.
The writing is quality writing and the storyline is compelling, although I have to say what made the entire book was the twist at the end; would never have seen it coming and it was just brilliant.
For new readers, Picoult's style of a different character's perspective in each chapter and sometimes different time periods may seem a little diffuclt at first. But I must say that this thoroughly enriches the story and she offers so much.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3