Profile for Amanda > Reviews

151 330g Instant Filler White
Offered by NA Supplies Ltd
Price: 2.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - the best there is., 30 May 2014
After decorating a few houses from top to bottom, I've been through my fair share of fillers. None of them come close to this in terms of performance and price. It goes on easily, dries quickly without cracking and sands like a dream. And, if all that wasn't enough, it costs peanuts. What's not to like! It's brilliant. Buy it.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Price: 21.59

3.0 out of 5 stars A gimmick, 30 May 2014
I had very high hopes for this product after reading a lot of the reviews and whilst it did do an "ok" job, it certainly isn't worth its hefty price tag. Prior to buying this, for years I have used The Body Shop's foot-file which did an excellent job but required a fair bit of elbow grease too. As I'm currently pregnant (and anybody who's been pregnant will know just how awkward it can be to reach your feet) I wanted something that would do the job with little effort. I suppose this does do the job to some degree, but as I said before, the price tag brings down the star rating. If it were around a tenner, it'd be worth taking a punt on. But to be honest, I think you'd get better results with other products and putting in some effort yourself. I read several reviews where people said their dead skin was flying everywhere. I barely produced a small cloud of dust. Perhaps my feet weren't too bad to start with, hence the average results.

Breaking Bad - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A whole spectrum!, 17 Mar 2014
There are episodes during Seasons 1 to 3 that I would only rate as one star, but by contrast there are others that I'd rate five stars. Some episodes have, in all honesty, left me wondering why I'm bothering but then I quickly watch the next episode convinced that something bigger and better is about to happen and I'm rarely left disappointed.

Season 1 kicks off with a bang and had me on the hook immediately, but sadly every episode isn't as gripping.

However, I've almost finished season 4 now and really do love it. It has everything - drama, comedy, likeable and hateable characters. It's very well acted and, in the main, very well written. If, like me, you find yourself wondering why you're bothering, just stick with it. It's very good.

LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power (Green)
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power (Green)
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it - my sons LOVE it!, 15 Jan 2014
My two sons are aged 2.5 and 4, and the both adore their new leappad. I bought it for them for Christmas and have had to limit their use on it to only an hour a day as they would happily play on it all day long if I let them. I haven't yet bought any extra apps or cartridges for it as they both seem fairly happy with the free apps that it comes with; whether this will change soon remains to be seen. The 4 year old has mastered one of the games on it (a space game) and both sons love the drawing and photo apps. The leappad has been dropped 2 or 3 times already and, thankfully, has not got damaged. This hasn't stopped me buying a gel skin for it though, just in case.

Games Gator Goal
Games Gator Goal
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Games Gator Goal (Toy)
I really liked the look of this game for my 2 and 4 year old sons but sadly they don't seem to share the same enthusiasm. It's only been played with once since Christmas and my 4 year old puts the ball way too close to the aligator so the game isn't competitive (he doesn't like to lose). Therfore, after successfully bashing the aligators teeth in a couple of times, he loses interest and the game gets put away. Shame.

Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams
Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Jan 2014
I never seem to be able to get grass seed to grow, but this grew on all the bare patches that I sprinkled it on. I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything in the garden, but this was so easy. A great purchase.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 15 Jan 2014
After one use, I went to wash this mitt under some warm running water. This melted the glue that was sticking the foam to the internal waterproof layer and it all scrunched up and stuck together into an unusable mess. I could understand if the water was piping hot, but it wasn't. Had to throw it away after one use. Avoid.

Imaginext Castle
Imaginext Castle
Offered by Champion Toys
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy ever!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Imaginext Castle (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 and 4 year old sons for Christmas and I have to say, I love it!! There are so many little things to discover and I love the way it interacts with other toys - such as the Imaginext dragon, which they also received for Christmas. It's very robust and detailed and I think it's worth every penny. Buy it!!

Draper 76232 1,900 mm x 800 mm Circular Patio Set Cover
Draper 76232 1,900 mm x 800 mm Circular Patio Set Cover
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 15 Jan 2014
This has done a great job of covering our patio furniture through the winter. It doesn't come with any rope or twine to tie it down, but I'm sure most of us already have some of that knocking around somewhere. A great price.

I Heart Christmas
I Heart Christmas
by Lindsey Kelk
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not as good as the others., 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Heart Christmas (Paperback)
I've read all of the "I heart..." books, in fact I've read all of Lindsey Kelk's published books, but I have to say this is definitely my least favourite. I normally love Angela's character but in this book, without giving too much away, I was finding her as annoying and selfish as her friends do. I've also had enough of the Jenny Lopez character, finding her rude and unfunny (Maybe I'm getting old!). There are some laugh-out-loud funny bits and Kelk's turn of phrase and her way of making the characters say and do things that we know we're all guilty of is still very enjoyable but I feel like she's milking the cash cow a little with this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3