Profile for Monkeyroy > Reviews

Paths of Glory
Paths of Glory
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Paths of Glory (Kindle Edition)
Jeffrey Archer might not be everyones cup of tea but his books are good. His books might not be the most complex or laced with twists and turns and be thought provoking but they are an easy read. You need a switch your brain off and enjoy a simple linear story every now and then and Jeffrey Archer is it.
Paths of glory is a good story with a few stretching of the truth but is brilliantly written. The did he or didn't he issue will always remain but George Mallory is a good character in this book as is the other characters and are brought to life with some good dialogue. After reading this is bought other books on Mallory so it must have had an impact.
Great book

Victorinox 1461300 Army Knife Hiker
Victorinox 1461300 Army Knife Hiker
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't have one, get one now!!!!!, 3 Sep 2013
There is not much I can say that is different to the other reviews.
Victorinox army knives are amazing. I own a Gerber and a Leatherman
And would say my victorinox is 10 times the knife.
If you are a guy then you need to get one. Half my DIY was done using the
Victorinox as the screwdriver and saw and knife blade were better than what
Was In my toolbox. I carry this knife when I go hill walking and has had a
Million uses so far. Absolute amazing!!!

Disney Minnie Mouse Girls Bright Pink Aluminium Water Bottle 500ml
Disney Minnie Mouse Girls Bright Pink Aluminium Water Bottle 500ml
Offered by All_Sorts
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Sep 2013
This water bottle was cheap and did the trick.
It wouldn't be my choice for a long hike but for my niece as part her lunch box, brilliant.
It took a lot of abuse and never dented and never leaked.
Great product and just as good as products twice as dear

Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200 ml
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200 ml
Offered by TK Logistics
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing experience!!!!, 23 April 2012
Being a Double for Brad Pitt has its advantages. I have a very close resemblance (not in the way you see some people who look like someone famous who had been boiled in chip fat) to the actor which has guaranteed me some lady attention. Mother nature being the bitch she is has decided to even things up with my handsome looks doubled with a body like chewbacca. If I was the age I am now but living in the 70s, I would certainly be king of the castle and probably be making 'the sort of films' that were aplenty during that period, but this is 2012 and there is no use for us men who can double as a bear rug. To combat this gorilla look I have, I take a monthly Acid bath which makes me look human at least for 3 weeks until i sprout another grass like coat. As you can imagine, my time spent with the ladies usually only lasts a few dates so I decided to take drastic action to combat this problem. While perusing the aisles of B&Q I came across VEET FOR MEN next to the power tools.
I read the product description and decided that this was the product i had been born to use. Me-1 mother nature-0.
The ingredients in the bottle where Napalm, Dried chilli flakes, plutonium and lava. I thought "hmmmm, this sounds safe" How wrong was I!!!
I went home and lathered myself with this product paying extra attention to my genital hedge and 'choco exaust port' with disregard to the instructions. Instantly I began to glow like a zillion candle floodlight with pain akin to showering under a space rocket. I jumped in the shower to relieve the agony only to block the shower drain with a mass of fur. WARNING, water and this corrosive mixture = pain. Water running down my body felt like getting sand blasted onto your sunburn. Exiting the shower I was suprised to see that all traces of hair were destroyed. My man patch looks like E.T and my ring resembles a halo, never again will I have dangleberries. I'm sure, in the months to come when I lose the red aura and my farts don't burn there way out of my ringo I can face life again. Although, Brad Pitt no more. I'm doubling for Duncan Goodhew now!!!!

Obsidian Black
Obsidian Black
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but......., 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Obsidian Black (Kindle Edition)
I'm unsure what to give this book as a rating?
I think this is Alun Jordans first attempt at a book and to be honest, it shows.
The idea of the book is good but the dialouge is a bit rubbish and the characters are cliche.
Some of the situations in the book are daft. I must admit that i am only 3/4 of the way through the book but I am struggling a wee bit to finish it. I would be interested to read more of Alun Jordans stuff to see if he improves as a writer because the idea in this book is good. Maybe This book is an anticlimax for me as i have read 6 Lee Child books in a row and they are amazing and well written.
Just remember, Statistically, 6/7 dwarves are not Happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2011 7:40 PM GMT

Carlton Unisex Wristwatch Fruitpunch DH9574BLP
Carlton Unisex Wristwatch Fruitpunch DH9574BLP

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Watch, 7 Aug 2011
I was looking for a really rubbish looking watch and i certainly got one. A friend of mine bought a watch and it was garbage so i decided to try to but one that was worse. This watch was really cheap, Looks like it came from a kinder suprise egg and the time on it has to be reset once a week. If you're looking for a decent watch at a low price then this is not the watch for you, I would have rated it 1 star but as i was looking for a really crap watch then it definately fits the bill.

The Traveller (Fourth Realm Trilogy 1)
The Traveller (Fourth Realm Trilogy 1)
by John Twelve Hawks

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book!, 5 Jun 2010
I gave this book 1 star because i did'nt have the option of giving it none.
I read the back of this book and thought it sounded not to bad, i'm not a big science fiction fan but have been known to read the odd one now and again. My first thoughts after about 50 pages was that this must have been written by a binman, because its rubbish. It reads as if this is the authors first attempt at writing, its on par with primary school stuff! The sentences are short and bland and the characters are boring. The dialogue is unbelievable and to the point that it makes the characters plastic. MAYA is a rotten character and the attempt to make her a convincing mad ninja warrior did'nt work. THORN sounded like a weasel, if he tried he crap with me i'd just burst his wheels. The bit about arsenal and chelsea sounded terrible and unrealistic (the chelsea fans quietly walking away from highbury and the arsenal fans are the nutters?). I gave up reading after about 70 odd pages and i chucked it in the bin. TAKE MY ADVICE, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK, ITS PANTS.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 10:50 PM GMT