Profile for Suzy - Sudden Lunch > Reviews

Content by Suzy - Sudden ...

Suzy - Sudden Lunch

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fractured
Fractured

5.0 out of 5 stars ... book by Legend Press at first felt a bit disappointed as this is really not my normal style of ..., 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
When I was sent a review copy of this book by Legend Press at first felt a bit disappointed as this is really not my normal style of reading matter. How wrong I was, as soon as I read the first page I was hooked.

The story is of a journalist held hostage in Somalia told from his own perspective plus that of his mother and of Abdi, a young guy recruited by the terrorist group to “take care” of the prisoner. The book is topical, realistic and makes one look at Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism from a different perspective. It taught me a lot I didn’t know about Somalia. The writing is excellent the characters believable and I felt sympathetic towards them.

Many other reviewers have gone into more detail of the story so I will just finish by saying that this is an excellent first novel from a writer I sincerely hope will be writing more of this calibre and I heartily recommend it.

Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
by Terry Darlington

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written!, 21 Sept. 2015
I agree with every good thing every reviewer has written. A lovely, interesting, funny book and absolutely brilliant writing.

The Priest's Well (The Greek Village Collection Book 12)
The Priest's Well (The Greek Village Collection Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars This girl can write!, 30 Jun. 2015
Just finished reading this and all I can say is I'm glad there's another one on the way soon!

The Art of Becoming Homeless (The Greek Village Collection Book 5)
The Art of Becoming Homeless (The Greek Village Collection Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant thing about this series!, 13 April 2015
What is so brilliant about these books (one of many good things!) is that each book stands alone as a complete story but also links up to familiar characters from other books so you feel as if you're part of the village!

The Unquiet Mind (The Greek Village Collection Book 8)
The Unquiet Mind (The Greek Village Collection Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keep on writing please!, 8 April 2015
Just as good as the rest but this one is quite tense - can't put it down!

The Explosive Nature of Friendship (The Greek Village Collection Book 3)
The Explosive Nature of Friendship (The Greek Village Collection Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked!, 11 Feb. 2015
As good as the first two books - brilliant unwinding story of a village.

Black Butterflies. (The Greek Village Collection Book 2)
Black Butterflies. (The Greek Village Collection Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The story unfolds ..., 11 Feb. 2015
At first I was disappointed as this volume didn't seem to carry on the story from book 1. How wrong I was - a lovely read and I am now getting the bigger picture.

Jessamine
Jessamine

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and evocative., 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Jessamine (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, I lived in the Caribbean for many years and this is so evocative, brilliant gripping story. A lovely read.

The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)
The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me yearn!, 28 Jan. 2015
I have had this in my kindle for some while but just got round reading it - so glad I did. A lovely read, makes me yearn for things! Can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Smoky & the Wood Pit: 20 Totally Awesome Smoky Recipes
Smoky & the Wood Pit: 20 Totally Awesome Smoky Recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I did, 7 Sept. 2014
I am not a huge meat eater so was a little dubious about this book but once I read the contents I went for it! So glad I did! In the first place only half of the recipes are for meat (and they make me drool!) but there some great fish ideas, Barbecued Flatbreads with a Vegetarian Feast and guess what! Smoked Chilli Chocolate Fondants. Brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3