Profile for Michelle > Reviews

Content by Michelle

Michelle (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Draper 50978 Car Washing/Garden Hose Pesticide/Fertiliser Spray Gun Plant Greenhouse
Offered by tools247
Price: 14.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use with seaweed fertiliser, 5 July 2014
I use this for feeding my hedge and lawn with seaweed fertiliser. It works extremely well.

Stellar Deluxe Eye Mask - Cherry Red
Stellar Deluxe Eye Mask - Cherry Red
Offered by Sleepstar Ltd
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and effective, 5 July 2014
This fits both my husband (large head) and me (medium head) and we both find it blocks the light very effectively.

Belkin Leather Magnetic Case for The 3rd Generation New iPad - Brown
Belkin Leather Magnetic Case for The 3rd Generation New iPad - Brown
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional, 5 July 2014
I am thrilled with this cover. It has an almost unlimited number of viewing angles. And an excellent typing position obtained by folding the front cover backwards and slipping it into a tab on the back cover. The cover is a little thicker than my previous, which makes it a little more difficult to slip into one of my bags. However, it offers a lot more protection than my previous cover and looks and feels lovely while doing so.

How to Survey Your Garden - The Step-by-Step Guide to Measuring and Drawing a Scale Plan of Your Garden (How to Plan Your Garden Series Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good little guide, 23 Jan 2014
This guide works best in concert with her youtube video on how to survey your garden and draw up a plan. The two together really help.

How to Design a Small Garden - Step-by-Step Landscaping Ideas, Pictures and Plans for Planning the Perfect Small Garden (How to Plan Your Garden Series Book 5)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 23 Jan 2014
Some great plans in here. And reminded me of important garden design concepts. Her youtube videos and iTunes podcasts are also very helpful. I like getting the information in many different formats. It may be repetitive, but it helps me mull on how to achieve the core principles. Her videos are particularly good - both the free ones and the paid for ones as part of her workshops (discounts from the links within the kindle book).

Planting Plan Design System - how to combine plants to create beautiful planting schemes for stunning garden borders (How to Plan Your Garden Series Book 6)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read & sound ideas, 23 Jan 2014
Reminded me to design the garden before designing the planting plan. Although I wouldn't necessarily always follow her planting approach exactly (i like Tom Stuart Smith and Piet Oudolf planting schemes) it reminded me of some core concepts. Within this book was a link to her website that had a discount on one of her planting workshops...the videos in that workshop (and others I've bought from her, and others free on Youtube) were some of the most useful things I've seen / read on garden design... and I have lots of books and am a avid watcher of BBC Gardeners World and listen to BBC Gardeners Question Time. Watching her designing in action is incredibly helpful.

Proporta Headphone Earphone Earbud Earpod Cable Tidy - Pack of 3 for iPhone 4 4S 5 5S 5C iPad 2 3 4 mini Air Kindle HTC Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note iPod classic touch shuffle nano Beats Sennheiser Wire Organiser
Offered by Proporta
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy, 31 Jan 2013
Does what it says on the tin...very well and with minimum fuss! Easy to pop out of the way when I'm not using it.

Creative  Aurvana Live! Headphones
Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones
Price: 52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound, comfy with glasses and muffles office voices, 31 Jan 2013
I needed a pair of headphones to muffle the sound of colleagues talking...I'm an academic working in an open plan office. I had read reviews of noise cancelling headphones that invariably say they do not cancel out the sound of voices. With these headphones, I can still hear that there is talking, but cannot distinguish the words. Also the sound level is considerably reduced. Now i can concentrate on difficult tasks while my colleagues are having their work conversations. They are comfortable to wear with glasses. And as a bonus, the sound is really beautiful. I was enormously enjoying Rachmaninov 3 played through my computer...something i would usually only bother listening to at home with our excellent speakers and amp. And only 55. I am well chuffed!

Thermos Elements 5 Leak Proof Travel Tumbler, 470ml
Thermos Elements 5 Leak Proof Travel Tumbler, 470ml
Price: 26.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for any winter outings, 27 Jan 2013
I use this on walks but also just in the car to have some warm water with me to stay warm and hydrated while out and about in winter.

Incipio iPad 4 Flagship Folio Brushed Aluminum Hard Shell Case - Black (IPAD-290)
Price: 37.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw spoils a great case, 26 Oct 2012
For the first few months this was a great case. I particularly liked the ability to support my iPad on many angles for viewing videos from different heights. It was always a bit of a nuisance to open it in such a way as to have the iPad lie flat (for reading in bed) as it required some peculiar folding to achieve lying flat. Also the case was very heavy, but since it felt very solidly constructed, I was prepared to forgive these flaws. Then the hinge failed. It is clearly a design flaw. The hinge incorporates two metal pins that are embedded in the plastic on the back of the case. However the metal pins wore through the plastic and popped out. I am a classic 'one careful driver' and rarely have anything fail on me. For instance my 3 year old iTouch doesn't have a scratch on it although I take it everywhere and don't use a screen saver. So I have been disappointed with this case and have now bought a ForeFront Black Leather Case / Cover Stand which has 4.5 stars on average from 102 reviewers. Fingers crossed that case lasts!

Page: 1 | 2