Profile for A Powell > Reviews

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Gripping story with lots of twists and turns. My sympathies kept changing between the wife and the husband as they both contributed to the situation to some extent.

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking., 8 April 2014
I have not seen the film but it would be interesting to see how the characters are portrayed as I now have them visualised in my mind Well written and conveys the heartbreak that mothers went through at the time.

Bad Science
Bad Science
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it!, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Bad Science (Kindle Edition)
Great book for people with an interest in interpreting scientific data. He rants a bit at times but with justifiable cause. Amusing, at times I laughed out loud, very entertaining.

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 8 April 2014
Classic recording from Brenda Lee. Always gets me dancing around and is perfect for my Christmas play list on my ipod

Pig's Foot
Pig's Foot
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Pig's Foot (Kindle Edition)
Good read although somewhat quirky but really enjoyable. Would recommend it and will consider reading any of his other books

Tone Deaf Music A-Frame Guitar Stand for Electric or Acoustic Guitars
Tone Deaf Music A-Frame Guitar Stand for Electric or Acoustic Guitars
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Stand, 8 April 2014
The guitar stand is perfect for my acoustic guitar. The reason I gave it 4 stars is that it may not be suitable for a heavier electric guitar as stated in the description. Value for money, neat and unobtrusive.

The Disappeared: Coroner Jenny Cooper mystery -book 2 (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this feasible?, 5 Feb 2014
I'm not acquainted with the world of the coroner, but somehow I can't imagine them doing the things Jenny does in this book. It was however quite a good read and a change to read a book set in the. Bristol area for a change.

Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini in Cream
Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini in Cream
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Case, 9 Jan 2014
I have never been disappointed with Belkin products and this is no exception. It looks classy and functions very well for it's intended purpose. Would recommend this product.

Head Case Designs Panda Big Face Illustrated Hard Back Case Cover for HTC Windows Phone 8S
Offered by eCell
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone case, 2 Dec 2013
As I cannot seem to get phone accessories for my HTC phone on the high street I tried Amazon. Great selection of products. This is not of the highest quality but it serves the purpose and protects my phone.