Profile for LAMB > Reviews

Content by LAMB

LAMB "Ronan's mum" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Winters Heat (Titan Book 1)
Winters Heat (Titan Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed, addictive great romance., 7 Dec 2013
Hunky hero with a heart of gold meets spunky heroine who doesn't give up. A roller coaster read. Great dialogue and funny in parts.

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2)
The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable - fantastic sci -fi yet historical romance, 16 Jan 2013
An excellent read, great length for the price. Imaginative detail consistently used all the way through. It reminded me of the Elizabeth Vaughan's War Prize series but with lots of sex ie meets Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear. A feisty heroine whose Alpha male comes good in the end. [No puns intended]. The side characters were great too and I hope this series continues.

Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline Book 2)
Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline Book 2)
Price: 2.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, romantic sci fi but very steamy!!!, 16 Jan 2013
An excellent read, well edited and a decent length for the price. It reminded me of the Queen's Blade Assassin series but with lots of sex ie meets Evangeline Anderson's Brides of Kindred. It was perhaps a little hard core for me but the overall story was great.

Stress Relief
Stress Relief
Price: 1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A brief but hot respite waiting for the next Kindred book, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stress Relief (Kindle Edition)
I have been waiting desperately for the next Kindred book, checking almost every day.

The Good news is: YES there is going to be a 7th book.
The Bad news is: it is not out yet :-(

But the better news is EA has released "Stress Relief" which according to her "is a work of short fiction, 10,000 words long. It also includes chapter 1 of Exiled, book 7 in the Brides of the Kindred series which adds another 5,000 words."
Naturally I rushed to buy it, devoured and enjoyed it although it was short. A sweet little love story in true EA style.It raises the blood pressure but in a nice way!

Loved the 1st chapter of Exiled promising another great book , and drum roll please.. in the Author's note she indicates that she is hoping to "have it out before the end of 2012". So keeping checking....

Born To Die (Standard Version) [Explicit]
Born To Die (Standard Version) [Explicit]
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic haunting Melodies, 5 Feb 2012
I love Adele and Mumford & Sons and Christina "jar of hearts" Perry and so was delighted to find a beautiful new set of songs by a new artist, in Lana Del Rey:Born to Die.
The songs have an ethereal haunting quality that is very hard to get out of your head.
Who cares about the poor [little rich]girl's back ground. The music is great so that's what counts and good luck to her.

Snowy Night with a Stranger
Snowy Night with a Stranger
by Jane Feather
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing set from usually fine authors., 3 April 2010
A collection of stories from some of my romantic favourites, great I thought. But unlike some collections of the same genre "On a Midnight Clear" or "A gift of Love" put together by Jude Deveraux, this collection was disappointing and not a 'keeper'.
My sympathies were not engaged and nor my imagination. I usually enjoy being swept away to snowy landscapes but this time I did not really care what happened to the various characters.
You might disagree, there again you might not!

Warlord
Warlord
by Angela Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy terminator meets fiesty gal:- enthralling and well planned, 3 April 2010
This review is from: Warlord (Paperback)
For those of you not into the current trend of "Vampire" hero but looking for a hero with a difference, Warlord is it. An excellent sci-fi adventure, humourous, hot and steamy but well plotted and seamless, it is an excellent take on the time travelling cyborg theme. Our hero has his vulnerable moments and Jane our heroine is credible, strong but makes use of her feminine wits and skills too.
The other great story in this book is that of "Warfem" a long, short story(!) of Baird & Alina which prequels "Warrior" the next fab book in this unfortunately short series, culminating in "Guardian". It really is worth reading them in order if you can but, each book stands alone and does not cheat by repeating huge chunks from previous books unlike some series I've read. I hope Angela Knight gets over her writer's block soon.
Enjoy the book, I know I did!

Silver Mother-of-Pearl Heart Shaped Locket
Silver Mother-of-Pearl Heart Shaped Locket
Price: 51.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite - excellent value for money, 28 Mar 2010
I recently lost my beloved father and Mum wanted a locket to keep him with her. We trawled through shops and jewellers but she would not let me buy anything expensive or large or fussy. Then we found this lovely unusual locket but it had been out of stock since May 09. I ordered it and by a miracle it arrived for Mothers Day. It is so much nicer in real life and the presentation box is lovely. Even my Hub & son were impressed.
The colours and light make it outstanding. Thank-you Amazon.

Babylon 5: The Complete Universe [DVD]
Babylon 5: The Complete Universe [DVD]
Dvd ~ Janet Greek

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awesome & Inspirational-we laugh,cry but mostly enjoy!, 24 Mar 2007
I was likened (by the girls in the office) to a 13 year old boy for indulging myself this Christmas to Babylon 5 the Universe (B5). Being of babyboomer generation (ie in my prime!) my hub & I had watched B 5 at the awkward timeslot it had many years ago and had enjoyed the series but had missed bits. What a treat to watch it again. It is great tea time viewing with our 11 year old son and the best threat "no homework-no B5", ever discovered!

The series has not dated, is so cleverly plotted and loops and re-loops allowing you to appreciate the brilliance of J Michael Stryziniski who created it.

The characters are 3 dimensional, humorous, and have shades of grey so you feel for Londo, admire G'kar and adore Vir who is Londo's Jimminy cricket! The politics, the religious fervour, the skilful manipulations have parallels today as well as the racing adventure, special effects, high action and moral values that shine through, ALL without the need for bad language, guts and gore.

The need for tolerance and acceptance of other races and creeds and cultures is shown, as is the damage that mistrust and prejudice creates. Above all it shows what can be achieved by working together, and how even the tiniest cog is important in the working of the big machine. Best of all it has drawn us closer together as a nice family thing to enjoy together and discuss.

Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: 12.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sci-Fi with a twist (or seven)!, 22 Aug 2006
I bought this as a prezzy for my hubby,(well he enjoys Buffy, Star Trek etc) and have ended up hooked myself. The humour, pathos,clever story lines, believable and hopeful look at the future are brilliant. The cast are fantastic even Jayne has his day!Fresh laugh out loud moments are coupled with tear jerkers too.

A bargain on Amazon and great viewing to cuddle up to on the sofa.

Do you think if we all email FOX they would continue the series?

It would be worth a try.

Page: 1 | 2