Profile for Christopher "TheDonMega" Wood > Reviews

Content by Christopher &#...

Christopher "TheDonMega" Wood (Whitworth, Lancashire, England)

HP Pavilion g6-1381ea PC 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2330M Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium)

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall Good Quality- Mouse Pad Problems, 18 Nov 2012
I have been satisfied with this laptop overall. I am not too technologically knowledgeable so I don't know if it functions at a better quality than other laptops, all i know is it isn't slow, and does what I need it to do. I have been advised by a friend to delete all the programmes it comes with at first as they do slow down the whole system.

One glaring problem though is the mouse pad. It gets greasy much too easily and stops working. At first the mouse movements get jerky, then it doesn't respond much, like it is only picking up the occasional movement of my finger. It will also zoom in and out at random as I move my finger. After three months of suffering this I just bought a mouse and use that all the time now. This should not be a problem, all mouse pads will pick up grease off the fingertips so should be built to continue working. Definitely has soured the product some.

Heavy Metal Kings
Heavy Metal Kings
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Album, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Heavy Metal Kings (Audio CD)
I've had both these artists recommended to me so have one or two of their songs. When I spotted that they were bringing out an album together I couldn't resist taking a gamble and buying it. Was I disappointed? Hell no!

I don't think there's a bad song on this album. Both artists are flowing with ease, with relevant and gritty lyrics to boot. The beats are amazing. They didn't jam in loads of featuring artists as some people do on albums, they just kept it plain and simple.

This is hardcore Hip-Hop at it's best. Buy it now, you won't be disappointed.

The Paramour Sessions
The Paramour Sessions
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Sure, 21 Jun 2008
This review is from: The Paramour Sessions (Audio CD)
I got this album along with Infest and Getting Away With Murder, and i feel that they're both much better than this album. I think i was always a fan of the Nu-Metal genre as i like both rap/hip-hop and rock, so with this album probably strayed furthest from that genre yet, it may be an explanation for my disappointment. It starts out with a cracker of a song, ...To Be Loved, follows with another good song, Alive(N' Out Of Control), but nothing else really tweaked my musical taste. I'll admit straight away i was quite happy to just sit there and listn through the album, because there isn't a poor song on there. However there is nothing else that deserves iPod space except the first two songs. Maybe 3 and a half stars. Still thought it was quite good. Don't let this review change your mind, go for it and make your own mind up.

Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water [Special UK Edition with Bonus CD]
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes Me Back To The Old Days, 1 Jun 2008
This is a brilliant album. Truth be told I never properly listened to the album fully, was always mesmerised by the big tracks, being Rollin', My Generation, My Way, Boiler, Take A Look Around, and by the time I'd over-used them I was on to another album, a Blink 182 or The Offspring album. So I missed a full album of good songs, bar 2 songs, Livin' It Up and Hold On(plus the Intro and Outro, but they don't really count). This is the sort of music I miss, the sort of music that got me into Rock music(I think Rollin' was one of the first rock songs I heard on the radio before I delved into the "rock scene"). I left the "rock scene" as soon as bands like Bullet For My Valentine came about. I never even listened to a song of theirs, I just didn't like that goth sort of look(was the only comparison I could give back then). This was one of the albums I listened to repeatedly while in the music wilderness before i moved over to Hip-Hop, but I can still listen to this album and rock out, it's still in my heart to enjoy it, and may it stay that way forever.

Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD]
Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Mixed Reviews, How!!, 25 April 2008
This review is from: Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
How can so many people rate this film so poorly, it is amazing. Morgan Freeman is an excellent actor and is brilliantly cast as the lead role, he does those roles so well(Seven). Just a short review this, just can't get my head round the low ratings(except the 1 star cos he say it does no justice to the book, which i understand as many a book adaption just doesn't do a book justice)

Lightning
Lightning
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book, 13 April 2008
This review is from: Lightning (Paperback)
I love this book, wasn't sure what to expect when I picked it up off my dads bookshelf, but was I glad I did!! I was instantly hooked and could not put it down. It possibly spoiled my holiday because I wouldn't put it down long enough to go out and do holiday stuff, had to be practically dragged away. Luckily I only started reading it halfway through the holiday. In fact, just writing this review now is making me want to drop the book I'm reading(James Bond-Live And Let Die) and start reading it again. Buy it, read it, love it!!

The Vanished Man
The Vanished Man
by Jeffery Deaver

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book, 18 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Vanished Man (Paperback)
This is the book that got me into Jeffery Deaver. I saw it at the tills in ASDA one day and thought "that looks good". When i read the blurb i vaguely knew the name Lincoln Rhyme, not knowing i'd seen the film The Bone Collector, a film of his original novel. Once i delved into this book i couldn't put it down. A very intense read with plenty of twists and turns to make you dizzy, this is just brilliant, my favourite book ever to date. Buy it and ypou wont regret it.

Exit Music
Exit Music
by Ian Rankin

5.0 out of 5 stars A Recommendation, 9 Sep 2007
This review is from: Exit Music (Hardcover)
I haven't read this book yet, but i'm very excited about it. Now that the series has finished(presumably), there will be many people wondering what to read next. I advise people to read Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series of books. They don't quite have the grit of Rebus and his beloved Edinburgh, but they are well worth a read all the same
They are about a very successful detective in New York City who becomes paralysed from the neck down in an accident on a case as he is trying to help someone. However, he carries on helping the police as an advisor and, with the help of Ameilia Sachs, solves many cases. Very exciting and tense, a worthy read for any crime novel fan.
P.S. My rating is a presumtion because i had to enter a rating.