Profile for A. Bartholomew > Reviews

Content by A. Bartholomew

A. Bartholomew "AB" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Remember, Daddy: The harrowing true story of a daughter haunted by memories too terrible to forget

1.0 out of 5 stars Too repetitive and is it true?, 31 Mar 2014
This book dragged on and on and i was bored by the end of it, i ended up skipping pages and it was just repeated all the way through.
I find it frustrating that someone accuses their father of being an abuser and it has ruined their life but are not prepared to take them to court, even thinking that they have abused other girls and boys. I also can't understand why she would constantly - even now - meet him for dinner, go on holiday with him, borrow money, stay in contact etc. Katie says her whole life is ruined by this man - if that is so why on earth would you spend your time with him? I dont get it, and I do wonder if any of it is true. The fact that so many people know, and she has wrote a book questions why this has not gone to court.
Bit baffled to be honest and personally I wouldn't waste your time on this, as without a conviction anyone can tell a story.....

The Cupboard Under the Stairs: A Boy Trapped in Hell...
The Cupboard Under the Stairs: A Boy Trapped in Hell...

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, 28 Jan 2014
Never felt so upset reading a book in all my life. What this poor bloke went through as a child is horrific and degrading. Its sad that there was not a happy ending with his father being convicted, Paul was really let down by our criminal court. All though Paul puts no blame on his mother, and I can only imagine how terrified she was of their father, I cannot help but feel some anger towards her that she let both her sons be abused by that evil man.

I can't imagine anyone who reads this book goes away without a huge sadness over them.

I wish you well for the future Paul.

Faith, Hope And Clarity
Faith, Hope And Clarity
by Danniella Westbrook

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 30 Dec 2013
Like others I read Danniella's first book and was intrigued as to what else she could reveal. I read the book within 1 day, a fascinating life that thankfully she has survived. I think her husband Kevin is a superstar, I don't know many men that would of put up with her.
It is probably the most honest book I have read from a celebrity. Forget KP who just talks about her businesses, this book really does give out the truth. Very brave of her. We may not agree with what she did, but she has the bulls to admit it.

The Slave Across the Street: The harrowing true story of how a 15-year-old girl became a sex slave
by Theresa Flores

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not sure on this, 27 Nov 2013
I really don't know what to say about this book. I honestly can't believe that for 2 years her parents never heard her leave the house in the middle of the night, see her bruises, hear her in the bath in the night or wonder who called her phone line every night.
I'm not saying she made the whole thing up but some of it doesn't seem right. The first night she was raped and lost her viginity and the pictures were taken, how did she not see 2 people taking photos of her? And why would she try and get the photos back, anyone can re-print them from their camera so it made no sense to keep having sex with men for return of them.
Why no convictions? The boys went to school so they can be found easily enough even after years gone by. Why wouldn't you want to see them punished?
Why did the policeman do no more than take her home after finding her in a state and never interview her to find out more even though she alleges the policeman new what had happend to her?
I think the men took advantage of a young needy girl, craving affection she couldn't get from home. But a Sex Slave, I am not so sure.....

Tom and Jerry Tom Bomb Game
Tom and Jerry Tom Bomb Game
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy for Tom and Jerry fans, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tom and Jerry Tom Bomb Game (Toy)
My son loves this product, not only because its the 1st product I have found worth buying that is Tom and Jerry, but because it is fun.
Shame there isn't more Tom and Jerry games to purchase as the cartoon is so popular.

Love, Lipstick and Lies
Love, Lipstick and Lies
by Katie Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly nothing new, 13 Nov 2013
I feel like I have read 3/4 of this all before in her other books. There is only so many times you can read about Harvey's condition, and her love for men over and over.
If she stopped doing magazine deals for exclusives and stopped the tv shows, then we might actually learn something new from her books.

Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them
Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them
by Anonymous (Girl A)

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad that this can happen to children, 30 Oct 2013
It's very disturbing, but it must be read to understand what goes on. Some of it is very repetitive and you feel like your reading the same thing over and over but the understanding of what this poor girl went through needs telling.
For anyone thinking she could of just told someone/escaped etc, it's not that easy when you are a child! She was brainwashed, scared, bullied, and intimidated. Remember she did go to the police and they failed her massively. By then she had lost all faith in trying to get help.
I am so glad those disgusting perverts got locked up, they should never of been allowed to get away with it as long as they did - so many children's lives ruined

I hope she can find peace to move on and be a great mum to her little girl.

5ft X 3ft Pirate Skull flag with Bandana
5ft X 3ft Pirate Skull flag with Bandana
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 23 Oct 2013
I bought this for my partners lorry to put in the cab, its much bigger than I thought, well worth the money and came quickly considering it came from abroad.

Disney Monsters Inc University Single Rotary Duvet Set, Multi-Colour
Disney Monsters Inc University Single Rotary Duvet Set, Multi-Colour
Offered by savvybuys2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic duvet set, 23 Oct 2013
My son adores this duvet, bright colours, comfortable and fits snuggly on the duvet. Looks great with Mike and Sully cuddlies sat on it too!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 23 Oct 2013
I bought this for my partners birthday, it arrived next day and it looks so good us girls in the office might have to eat it and order another one.
Fantastic for the price.