Profile for Jo A > Reviews

Content by Jo A

Jo A "runewitch77" (Yorkshire, UK)

Just Togs Essentials Jodhpur Boot - Black, Size 5
Just Togs Essentials Jodhpur Boot - Black, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Toggs-a whole range of fabulous riding bootage! ;-D, 27 Jun. 2014
Arrived quickly, comfy, waterproof, non leather (I'm veggie) & grippy in the stirrups. Really pleased with these-they're just what I wanted & I would replace them with the same when they wear out. A good price too.
I had some Sherwood Forest non leather jodh boots previously they weren't as comfy, we're baggy on my feet, the material they used instead of leather wasn't anywhere near as pliable as the Just Toggs ones & they split after a summer's use. The grips wore down to smooth hard plastic & were horrendous at gripping in the stirrups when wet - I couldn't wait to throw them away!
Soo..Just Toggs all the way for me! These are the 3rd pair of boots I've had that are Just Toggs. I use their mud rucker neoprene long riding boots in winter (fabulous!) & I had to (grudgingly) throw away my mud rucker jodh boots after wearing them out after years of use & then walking up 2 mountains in them (one of which is Britain's highest & I had no blisters!).
Just Toggs riding & jodh boots get a double thumbs up from me :-D

The One Dollar Horse
The One Dollar Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic easy read, 4 Jan. 2013
I loved this book. Downloaded it onto my android's kindle app to pass the time while waiting for buses etc etc. Didn't want to put it down! Perfect for any horse lover - an addictive, easy read which contains the ups & downs having horses entails. And I think the author's vegetarian too (veggie meals are specified a couple of times in the book & if she wasn't, why would she bother?) which instantly put her higher in my estimations - it doesn't make a difference to her writing of course but I love to find a fellow animal lover who doesn't actually eat them! Yay to Lauren St. John! Looking forward to the next installment.. :-)

Total Yoga Box Set [DVD]
Total Yoga Box Set [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I think I'm becoming addicted! :-) Jan 2013-> 3 yrs on - yep, worth every penny :-D, 20 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Total Yoga Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Review 2013..Just a little update 3 yrs on..still doing this set regularly & can't find another yoga DVD I like as much. In fact, all seem pretty naff/unprofessional or even posturally incorrect after the precision of this & the classes I've recently attended. The review below is about the Original disk of the set, which I did first, not realising it was harder than the Earth disk-no wonder I had a shock to the system! I should've done it in order of; Earth, Water, Original, Fire if I was to work up to them in difficulty. I now do the Water & Original disks the most due to the difficulty & the length but the Earth one is great when I don't have as much time (it's only 3/4 of an hr but I substitute in modifications from the other DVD's to make it harder) & the Fire when I have lots of time (1.5hrs) & energy as that is hard work! Fab though & I feel great after them all. It's sorted out my stubborn to heal foot & ankle (the ligaments were a nightmare after a Shire horse decided to use me as a doormat-it took 2 yrs before I could sit cross legged with any comfort) & it keeps my bad back under control (old riding accident & occupational strain) which flares up after about 5 or so non yoga days. I feel old (I'm 35) if I go a week without it & literally crave the practice for my mind & my body! Love, love, love this set & have bought it for 4 other people with issues since & replaced a scratched disk for myself so I really cannot recommend it highly enough. 25 stars! :-D PS: Tracy, Ganga, WHEN are you going to do some more?? ;-) x

Review 2010..I've been doing a beginners yoga video for years and found it easy, thinking I was pretty supple & flexible. Got this set for a change and to stretch (excuse the pun!) myself a bit & wow! I'm still on the 1st DVD (they go up in difficulty) and already I'm hooked. The first time I did it I was shocked at how challenging I found it! It's getting easier each time but I still can't do all the advanced options (some of the postures have more advanced alternatives). I'm determined to get good at this before moving onto the next DVD. After each work out my body feels great, like it's had a massage & a good all over stretch & my mind is calm & still. I find I'm craving it daily now-it's fantastic. I like the way you are taught correct breathing at the beginning & the clear way the postures are explained means I can now follow the practice without having to look at the screen-I have my eyes closed a lot of the time. I also like that it has a 15 min bonus workout for those busy days when I don't have time to do the full practice. The instructors are toned and graceful and are a pleasure to watch. I cannot recommend this set highly enough. I've been doing it almost every day for about a month now and my body is noticeably more toned and I feel stronger & more balanced both mentally & physically. 5 stars all round. :-)
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2014 3:29 PM GMT