Profile for nikita ghosh > Reviews

Content by nikita ghosh

nikita ghosh (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Portable Plastic Abacus Arithmetic Soroban Calculating Tool, 13 Rods with Colorful Beads, Great Educational Tool for Kids
Offered by Tcity

2.0 out of 5 stars careful, product is very small, 10 Oct. 2013
The Soroban looks exactly as shown in the picture and is of good quality. The problem is the beads are tiny, it's actually a very small soroban and I am not sure how others actually use it. The beads are small and not very stable as they are of light plastic, so as soon as you move the soroban they move back and forth and it is really hard to count on it or move back beads. I purchased it for my young children but realised it is only of use for the baby or toddler to play with like a toy, for actual maths I will need to buy another bigger one.

Topsy and Tim: Play Football (Topsy & Tim)
Topsy and Tim: Play Football (Topsy & Tim)
by Jean Adamson

3.0 out of 5 stars my least favourite Topsy and Tim, 21 May 2013
so far this is my least favourite of all the Topsy and Tim books, my daughter doesn't seem interested at all even though she loves sports and loves all the other Topsy and Tim books. There isn't really a proper story.

Read-aloud Bible Stories: v. 1
Read-aloud Bible Stories: v. 1
by Ella K. Lindvall

1.0 out of 5 stars should be called Jesus stories, 21 May 2013
the illustrations are beautiful but I was very disappointed by the content. Don't be fooled by the title "Bible stories", it is really New Testament or more specifically just Jesus stories. I was hoping to introduce my children gently to well-known stories of the Bible, instead I got very particular beliefs that belong to the Catholic Church I think (stories along the line of "Jesus is God"). All the stories are just about Jesus as if he was not a Messiah but God himself, I am really not comfortable reading it to my children and will have to put it back on sale.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 10:32 PM BST

Soft Alphabet and Number Jigsaw Puzzle Play Mat
Soft Alphabet and Number Jigsaw Puzzle Play Mat
Offered by R & S Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars smaller than expected but great, 21 May 2013
I expected a larger mat, maybe I hadn't checked the specifications but this one is smaller than the mats sold by Early Learning Centre for example. The quality is really good though, my toddler is enjoying it.

tesa 57405 Transparent, Silent Adhesive Tape, 19mm x 33m (Pack of 8 Rolls)
tesa 57405 Transparent, Silent Adhesive Tape, 19mm x 33m (Pack of 8 Rolls)

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality, 22 Mar. 2013
i was looking for tape that actually sticks rather than falling off after a while. this one is very good.

Melissa & Doug Dry-Erase Marker Set (4 pc)
Melissa & Doug Dry-Erase Marker Set (4 pc)

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect- just what i needed, 22 Mar. 2013
i was looking for child-friendly markers to write flash cards. My daughter immediately took them and painted all over our windows and doors when i was out of the room. With one baby wipe, I was able to easily wipe the paint off again. just what i was looking for!

Kids Watercolour Paint Set 12 Colours With Brush Art & Craft
Kids Watercolour Paint Set 12 Colours With Brush Art & Craft
Offered by Creation Box

1.0 out of 5 stars bad quality, 12 Mar. 2013
I was really disappointed by these colours - you need to use a lot of water and press really hard to get any proper colour out of it, the paint seems very dry. It's very hard for my toddler to paint with these ones and she had no such problems with other products.

Alessi 6-Cup Espresso Coffee Maker in 18/10 Stainless Steel Mirror Polished with Magnetic Heat Diffusing Bottom

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely worth it, 12 Mar. 2013
I hesitated for many years before buying this one - it's not cheap at first sight. But the quality of the espresso is fantastic. I bought this one 3 months ago and am sure I have more than got my return on the investment as I have found myself drinking coffee only at home now - I just don't see why I should spend £2.50 or £3.00 on coffee in a cafe when I can make myself much better coffee at home. I love this espresso maker, it's very easy to use and the taste is fantastic.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Hand and Body Wash 8.5 oz
Aveda Rosemary Mint Hand and Body Wash 8.5 oz
Offered by Jewlzie

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely smell, 12 Mar. 2013
I love the Rosemary and Mint series, it smells so lovely. Have been using the shampoo and body wash for 8 years now and still love it.

How to Meditate (Easwaran Inspirations Book 1)
How to Meditate (Easwaran Inspirations Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars careful very short book!, 12 Mar. 2013
I would give the content of this book 5 stars - but just want to warn everyone to make sure they have seen the technical description that this book only has 26 pages! I expected a proper book when I downloaded it and was very surprised when the book was over before it began! I was hoping to read a whole book on how to meditate.

Page: 1 | 2