Profile for Mr. K. A. Sheen > Reviews

Mr. K. A. Sheen

The Uke of Wallington
The Uke of Wallington

5.0 out of 5 stars The trials of a modern troubadour, 17 Feb. 2015
As a recent convert to Mark Wallington's writing, I have found all of the books I have read, highly amusing and informative. The uke of Wallington is again a brilliant mixture of comedy,travel writing and nice storytelling. If you haven't tried one of his books,this would be an ideal one to start with. The feel good factor, when his uke playing goes down well,is infectious and you almost feel you were there.

A brilliant yarn, and well worth reading.

Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Simple, 7 Jan. 2015
I ve always been anti e readers, however, having recieved this for Christmas, I am a convert. This little reader is fantastic, very light and easy to operate, loads of different font sizes, great battery life. It's very simple to download books from the amazon store and the book is ready to read in seconds. I was worried about not having the back light, but tbh I haven't seen any reason to have one yet. The anti glare screen is superb and you can easily read in bright sunlight.
If you are an avid reader, then getting a kindle is a must.

THE LONE ARRANGER
THE LONE ARRANGER

5.0 out of 5 stars Manfred at his very best, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: THE LONE ARRANGER (Audio CD)
This album shows Manfred Mann's brilliance, as an interpreter of other peoples songs.
Manfred has taken a number of very well known songs, deconstructed them and produced some stunning new versions. He has also re - interpreted some well known samples of his music,to great effect.
The album also features a number of very talented and noteworthy collaborators , and is topped off by a brilliant booklet,containing Manfred's notes on his struggles to produce this masterpiece.
A superb album and well worth checking out
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2014 4:40 PM GMT

Cast Iron Sundial on Stand 92cm High
Cast Iron Sundial on Stand 92cm High
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking sundial, 18 April 2014
This sundial makes a great feature in the garden. It's well made, very easy to put together and when assembled looks much better than the photograph on this page. This was a brilliant buy.

100 Best Jazz Tunes of the 1950s (8 CDs)
100 Best Jazz Tunes of the 1950s (8 CDs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 2 April 2014
This is a quality compilation. Each cd has a great sleeve,the booklet is superb,as it gives information on each track and the box is elegantly designed. To me , the 50's was the golden era of Jazz, and this is a wonderful representation of the music of that era. The sound quality is great and there are some rare tracks included as well. IMHO the best jazz compilation available.

6 Strings Of Tropical Fish
6 Strings Of Tropical Fish
Offered by parties2amaze

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved a tricky problem, 2 April 2014
This review is from: 6 Strings Of Tropical Fish
Our downstairs loo has a very small window and I cut these down to use as a sort of mobile/curtain. They look great, and everyone who uses our smallest room,thinks they're great.

40th Anniversary Box Set
40th Anniversary Box Set
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant package, 18 Jan. 2012
This is a very professionally produced box set,the sleeves look great, and remind me of the excitement i got when a new Earth Band album came out.The re-mastering has produced very good sound quality. I've been a fan of the Earth band since the seventies, and its great to have all the albums to-gether, surprisingly I find myself listening to the later stuff more, such as 2006 and Masque,which are very underated albums. I know its expensive,but if your'e a fan, you will not be disappointed

Boostaroo Audio Amplifier and Splitter (discontinued by manufacturer)
Boostaroo Audio Amplifier and Splitter (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 15 July 2007
Being a relative newbie to mp3 technology, I was a bit dissapointed by the sound level of my player,when I linked it to my surround sound system.This little device overcame the problem immediately,works brilliantly and I highly reccomend it.