Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "lee" (glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Wenger Seaforce Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Grey Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet 010641107

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch with a distinctive look, 18 Sep 2014
Well made and expensive looking watch with a distinctive face and colour. Be aware however the watch is heavy due to the depth rating and the winder has to be unscrewed first before you can pull it out and adjust the time and date due to the internal seals. Personally I love it. I am going diving in the Caribbean next week and will have no qualms about taking it into the water with me.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Deluxe Edition (PC)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Deluxe Edition (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Run in Windows 8.1, 4 Sep 2014
I have supported FS since the first version in the 90's right up to the present version. My old PC had an i5 processor and a 1gb Nvidia graphics card. For no apparent reason FSX stopped running over a year ago and no amount of tinkering , including the various fixes on You tube, re-installing it etc, could get it to run. Imagine my surprise to discover that it will also not run on my brand new Dell XPS which has an i7 processor, a 2gb Radeon graphics card and 24gb of RAM. It is running windows 8.1, so I cannot in all fairness recommend it. I have tried running it in various compatibility modes with no success. Some forums would suggest that it seems to have a 50/50 chance of running on 8.1. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones. If you can get it to work properly, it has no equals in the flight sim world. Pity!

BT Décor 2200 Corded Telephone - White
BT Décor 2200 Corded Telephone - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Aug 2014
Good looking phone with excellent speakerphone option. Fully programmable & good value for the money.

Catalyst
Catalyst

5.0 out of 5 stars Vamp with a darker side, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Catalyst (Kindle Edition)
Different from most of the vampire books out there. This one has lots of action with the lead not afraid to be violent when the need arises. No whimpering heroine here. The final act is quite startling and it will be interesting to see if the main character continues to turn darker with time.

Live At Rome Olympic Stadium (CD+Blu-ray)
Live At Rome Olympic Stadium (CD+Blu-ray)
Offered by Softbayglobal

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as being there, 22 Jun 2014
If you are a Muse fan, then this is a must purchase. I have a number of live blueray discs and always considered AC/DC live at the River Plate to be as good as it gets until this one. The picture quality and sound are excellent and there is a good mixture of shots of the band interspersed with reactions from the huge crowd in Rome. The stage is amazing and displayed to great effect by the various camera positions. Overall a great buy, with the disc packaging itself the only slight let down, although you also get a CD version of the concert in the cardboard sleeve.

Dance until Dawn (Choc Lit)
Dance until Dawn (Choc Lit)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Shame About The Title!, 16 Mar 2014
This is a good book, but do not purchase it if you have already read Fledgling by the same author. It is NOT a continuation of a series as I thought when I saw a list of the characters, but is in fact the SAME book. As the title has been changed, Amazon will not give you a warning that you have already purchased it. Very disappointed!!

ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio 3x1 Switcher with Remote Control
ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio 3x1 Switcher with Remote Control
Offered by U9LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 15 Feb 2014
I had an old plastic mechanical Toslink 3 way switch which I dug out after I purchased a new Sony Bluray player and set of Sony Wi-Fi surround sound headphones. I hid the switch behind my tv but every time I alternated from smart tv apps to Bluray or Virgin media I had to go behind and manually select a different input. It was awkward, but saved unplugging a toslink cable from my headphone base unit every time. I spotted this switcher which was about a third of the cost of every other digital switcher unit on Amazon and it even came with a remote. I had to wait 10 days for the unit which came from California, hence the £7 postage & packing, but it was worth it. The sound is noticeably better as there is virtually no loss of signal. The unit is surprisingly small, about one third the size of my old switch, and can be hidden out of sight as there is a tiny IR receiver which can be placed anywhere to pick up the remote signal. The remote works a treat selecting each of the three inputs perfectly and you can even switch the unit off with it if you wish. This is a bargain!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 5:58 PM GMT

SanDisk SDSDQU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

2.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S4 Users Beware, 3 Dec 2013
This card worked perfectly for a few weeks with my new Galaxy S4. Unfortunately I then started to have issues with the card disappearing from the phone. Either it tried to un-mount itself for no apparent reason, or just wasn't there. Only by rebooting the phone, removing the card and reinserting it would it "reappear" as usable in the phone. The problem was solved for a couple of weeks until it appeared again. It is now un-mounting itself every week. I went onto the Samsung Forums and this issue seems to be common with the Sandisk 64gb card in the Galaxy S4.
Update 8 Jan 2014 - contacted Sandisk regarding this issue. Was given a reference number and address in the Czech Republic to return the card to. Replacement 64gb card received today. Hopefully this will cure the problem. Meantime I purchased a 32gb Samsung card from Amazon for only £16.00 which works perfectly.

Sony MDRDS6500.CEK Digital Surround Headphones
Sony MDRDS6500.CEK Digital Surround Headphones
Offered by Electric Mania Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking Cans, 13 Nov 2013
These arrived from Germany after about a week. They are good looking and perform well, but feel a little bit slack on my head no matter how I adjust them. As I am in my 60's my hearing is not as good as it used to be and I would have preferred a bit more volume available, although I am still happy with them overall. Worth the £160 I paid for them.

The Big Bang Theory - Season 4 [DVD] [2011]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 4 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Oct 2013
I was expecting more of the same after watching the first 3 seasons, but unfortunately Series 4 seems have to developed into a slightly smutty show with a few innuendoes dropped in. Sheldon has lost some of his innocence and Leonard has developed into a selfish character who I have lost sympathy for. It was better when the guys had no hope of ever getting a girlfriend, and "Shelly" hadn't got a clue about the real world. Pity!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5