ARRAY(0xb5811108)

The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Secret of Crickley Hall
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I've read better, 10 Nov 2012
Didn't enjoy this book and only finished it because I'd paid for a copy. Author used great detail to describe things which had no relevance. There was a lot of old fashioned sexist words used such as WPC and policeman. Typing errors on the Kindle copy made it more difficult to read. Would like to read another Herbert book at some point though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 2:02 PM GMT

Cast No Stones
Cast No Stones
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem of a book, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Cast No Stones (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written book which comes straight from the heart. It provides the reader with a mixture of emotions: innocence, suffering, humour, frustration and love. A real gritty northern working class tale which I can't recommend enough. Please read this book. I thank Kevin Machell for sharing his story with me.

Winter's Children
Winter's Children
by Leah Fleming
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Winter's Children (Paperback)
My first Leah Fleming book which I thoroughly enjoyed. An easy gentle read. I would recomend this book for those long winter afternoons when you just want a good book to snuggle up with in front of the fire!

The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours
by Kate Morton

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Hardcover)
Having enjoyed Kate's previous two books I was very much looking forward to reading The Distant Hours only to find it an incredible let down. The story was very weak as were the characters. I kept waiting for something to happen to really grip me but it just didn't materialise. Could have condensed this book by a couple of hundred pages. In fact the only reason I finished it was because I'd bought a copy.

No Angel
No Angel
by Penny Vincenzi
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, 18 Sep 2010
This review is from: No Angel (Paperback)
No Angel was my first Penny Vincenzi book and it won't be my last. I found myself totally absorbed by the characters and different plots. Certainly the best book I've read in a long while and thoroughly recommended.

Footprints in the Sand
Footprints in the Sand
by Sarah Challis
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good easy read, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Footprints in the Sand (Paperback)
This was my first Sarah Challis book which was an ideal holiday read. Really enjoyed the gentle story. I did wonder why whenever a character was introduced it was necessary to describe their clothing in such detail. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Nu Nale-Cream Nail Strengthener 30ml
Nu Nale-Cream Nail Strengthener 30ml
Price: 2.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Aug 2010
Like the other reviewer of this product I remembered it from my teens. It really does work wonders for flakey nails and leaves them feeling smooth and strong. And it's a good price too. Highly recommended.

Oi! Purple Mother-of-Pearl, Fresh Water Pearl, Amethyst, Peridot and Garnet on Silk Adjustable (19-25cm) Bracelet
Price: 16.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 4 Sep 2009
This is a beautiful bracelet, however, I was disappointed to find that after only occasional wear, the strands became undone and I lost some of the stones. Luckily I was able to get my money back.