Profile for sheila whetnall > Reviews

Content by sheila whetnall

sheila whetnall

Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 1)
Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good undemanding read, 1 Jan. 2016
I chanced upon this book in the Amazon kindle sale. I've been to Northumberland and Holy Island so thought it might be interesting. I found it easy to read, a good story that kept me guessing until the end but the characters were a bit two dimensional. The good looking cop finding the love of his life within a couple of days, the slightly bumbling Sargent admiring his female colleague from afar. Having said that, I did enjoy the book and have bought the second in the series as I want to find out how the relationship progresses between the two main characters. If you want an undemanding cosy read, I can recommend this book.

Right Place Right Time
Right Place Right Time
Offered by Todays Great Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Right Place Right Time (Audio CD)
I knew most of the songs on the album from hearing them on the radio and I really love them. It is a real singalong album!

Russell Hobbs 19980 Easy Kettle - 1.7 Litre - Black
Russell Hobbs 19980 Easy Kettle - 1.7 Litre - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Got used to it eventually!, 14 Mar. 2014
Wasn't sure about this at first, it was fiddly to fill (we didn't want to use the insert) and the kettle didn't seem very stable on it's base. However within a few days we found it easy to use and now we like it. It is very quiet and quick to boil and looks smart.