Profile for L. Nguyen > Reviews

Content by L. Nguyen

L. Nguyen (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
BRAND NEW GENUINE SONY VAIO VGP-AC19V12 LAPTOP ADAPTER CHARGER 19.5V 4.7A 90W POWER SUPPLY INCLUDES UK POWER CORD - 1 YEAR WARRANTY IF SOLD BY (LAPTOP-ACCESSORIES4U)
Offered by 1stopgadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing looks exactly like the original adapter/charger that came with my Sony VAIO ..., 15 April 2016
This thing looks exactly like the original adapter/charger that came with my Sony VAIO VPCSB (business laptop.) High quality stuff, 5A fuse in the power plug as well. Bought from MacsAccessories4u or Laptop-Accessories4u. I suppose some other people were getting stuff from bad vendors which says this is fake etc... Great product, as expected. Thank you.

Perixx DX-1000L, Gaming Mouse Pad - 320x270x2mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Product chipped 1 day after light use. My girlfriend ..., 27 Feb. 2016
Product chipped 1 day after light use. My girlfriend cares for her phone well and we use an outer case as well.

On another note the screen protector is quite small and will leave a rather big margin of uncovered screen area.

I believe Spigen discontinued this line and has since introduced a new version that is larger.

I am giving Spigen another try and ordering the full larger screen protector (same one that came with my work phone) so I hope it'll turn out for the best...

JETech® iPhone 4/4S Case Bumper Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back for Apple iPhone 4/4S (Bumper - Clear)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jun. 2015
good looking quality soft case

Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black
Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of those that I just have to write a good review because it deserves it, 22 Mar. 2015
So, I've spent too much on Amazon to dare look at the numbers but I've only reviewed a few items. This is one of those that I just have to write a good review because it deserves it.

If you're looking for a mini tripod for your compact or standard sized DSLR cameras, look no further. Like me, you might have tempted to buy a few of the cheaper versions of a mini tripod such as this one and ended up having little to no use for those. Do yourself a favour and stop here, get this one and be done with it.

Build & Finish: Wow, it looks like it can survive an atomic blast! Very well built with strong material and high quality plastic finish. The joints are all very well design to give enough resistance so the thing doesn't flap around on its own but can expand comfortably on demand. All the finishing corners and cuts are of high precisions and quality. It has very high quality feel, more than the £18 price tag suggested.

Usage: It is very stable. I have a Casio ZR850 where the geniuses at Casio decided to put the tripod hole on the extreme end of the base of the camera, making it very hard to be balanced on a mini tripod (comparing to my Canon G9 which has the tripod attached right in the middle, making it much easier to be stable on any mini tripod). But this one shows no problems handling this! It balances quickly and is very stable!
The button to adjust the movements of the base is great.The button on this tripod is a quick release to allow adjusting the camera angle and orientation which works perfect. This is as accurate and quick as you'd have on professional tripods with separate camera base. The camera, once attached, can rotate 360 degree horizontally (panoramic). It cannot rotate 90 degree vertically though so you won't be able to turn your camera sideway to take a portrait picture (this is bad photography anyway, so you're not missing out much)
When folded together, the legs give a very comfortable handle with good grip.

Cons:
A bit heavier than an iPhone 5s. Cannot rotate camera 90 degree sideway.

TomTom GO 6000 6-inch Sat Nav with European Maps and Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates
Offered by LCD & Plasma Service GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many bad things to overcome the good., 8 Jan. 2015
Pros: Lifetime Europe Map Update gives you peace of mind knowing Tomtom will be around for a while (knock on wood.) Maps and directions are generally correct even though after 1 week of use it gave wrong/bad directions a few times, nothing major. Life time Traffic Update with own data connection is good when it works. GPS lock is very good no matter the weather and is a big improvement from older Tomtom.

Cons: My review is mostly motivated from these bad things, so you will find more of these compare to the Pros. I find too may negative things which defeats the purpose of an upgrade. There are a lot of fluffs (3D building views on map lol) but lacking substances (lane assist, a clock!, usability/user experience...)

A few things that are bad:
- Traffic Update is of little use. The GPRS isn't very fast so it doesn't get connectivity all the time. And when there's heavy traffic you need to pull over to tweak the device to find another route. I don't see an option to reroute with just a few (fewer than 3) clicks and minimal distraction to driving. This is for London city driving, can't say about driving outside London.
- Speed Limit display very small (you can see that in the device image, bottom centre) I mean WHY?
- Lane Assist could be more prominent like older devices i.e. 1/2 or 1/3 of the screen. (you can see the tiny arrows on top centre of the screen in the device image, that's all the Lane Assist you get)
- Too many clicks to open an old route. Once you select a location, you need too many unneeded clicks and delays to start the navigation. This makes operating this while driving a bit more dangerous than needed. (I know it's not advisable, but who really pull over on a motorway to change to go home?)
Say you saved your home location and your local driving range location. You want to go to golf practice. This is what you do:
*Click on the little button on the bottom left (1 click)
*Click My places" (2 clicks) then wait about 5s for the saved locations to show up (extra bad)
*Click on the location you want (i.e. driving range) (3 clicks)
*Click the steering wheel that appears next to the selected location on the map (4 clicks)
*This doesn't start the navigation but shows the overall map of the route which is pretty much useless (it's a SAVED location, that means I've used this route many times before, I know this route, I don't need to review the map every single time...)
*Click "Let's go" then a few seconds you're good to go. (lost count of clicks)
By this time I mostly lost interest, about to give up and go back to bed.
- After I get to my destination, practice a bit then head home. I will have to start the process all over again to find the route home. (How about a "Return" feature that reverse the latest route to allow me to start navigating with 1 click?
- Device doesn't feel very snappy. Each of the clicks above incurs at least 1-2s delays with exceptional long delay loading the saved location as mentioned. Much slower than using Google Maps on a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Distance to speed camera number is tiny. There are many other important information that are far too small to be useful. I mount the device within arm reach from a normal driving position, so it's not far at all, but I find myself struggle to find the information I need (current speed limit, distance to speed camera, land assist, distance to intersection...) a lot of time.
- The web app to update the device is great. But it bugs me to no end to not be able to view what updates are available without plugging the device in. Why??? I should be able to see what updates are available before I decide if I should update or not. My car isn't parked in the next room but 5 minutes away so I don't want to bring the device in to find the update something I don't need at all, then the next day get to my car and realise I left the device at home.
- The built-in clock is NOT FUNCTIONING. You would imagine a £200 electronic device would be able to tell time. But nope! Tomtom decides that us mortals aren't capable enough to adjust the clock so it simply won't let you do that! It will always self-adjust according to whichever satellite it can get a lock on and save us the trouble. Well that sounds amazing on principle, but is a total failure in practice. Over the 3 weeks of ownerships (about 600 miles around town or about 25 hours driving I think the clock was correct once, yes ONCE! And even the one time it was correct, I still have to look at my phone clock to double check (-.-) because how "consistent" it has been. It's amazing that Tomtom GO 6000 satellite clock is right less often than my dead mechanical watch which is at least right twice a day. How on earth would you not allow people to adjust the clock. Sure, get updates from Satellite from time to time (just because you can ^.^) but don't do that every single time and cause a simplest feature to be complete failure. I don't think I've seen anyone with this problem? Why me?
- Most likely personal preference but I find the 6" version a bit too big for me. I think the 5" would've been spot on. This is my first big purchase on a sav nat (used hand-me-down TOMTOM One XL or something old like that) and it felt small so I went for the 6000 instead of the 5000. Maybe if Tomtom revamp the interface to make better use of the screen, 6" could be good but right now I'd trade my 6" for a 5" in a heartbeat.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 3:27 PM GMT

Plantronics Blackwire C420-M/Z Binaural Headset
Plantronics Blackwire C420-M/Z Binaural Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars The USB driver is very standard so on a new Win 7 computer tt plugs and plays beautifully. Sound quality is amazing also, 30 Dec. 2014
I've had these for 4 years. Skype/Lync and Bria (VoIP) is very important to us. The set is used daily. The sound quality is superb. The USB driver is very standard so on a new Win 7 computer tt plugs and plays beautifully.

Sound quality is amazing also. I'm sort of an audiophile and have other headphones such as Audio Technica M50s and even high-end Denon D5000 for music, my daily commute headphone is a set of in-ear Etymotic that cost > £120... but I found myself able to enjoy music from these a great deal still. Sometimes it's more convenient to listen to music on these during the work day instead of whipping out the big boys.

The mute/volume control is very well designed. The red mute light shows you very clear that you have mute on. It also beeps to tell you you've been muted or unmuted. The volume buttons are well placed for easy access (without requiring you to look at the control.)

Some of the cable shield has been pulling off at the joint for a year now and I've stuffed it back in sort of. :) A simple glue/tape will fix it permanently and I haven't done that yet the phone still perform. After 4 years!

These are comfortable to wear up to about 1.5 hour. I regularly have hour long conf calls and after I take them off I can feel the pain ease off on my ears... If you don't have to wear them 100% of the time or have multiple hour-long sessions a day you will find them very comfortable.

Nandos Peri Peri Sauce Medium 250ml Bottle
Nandos Peri Peri Sauce Medium 250ml Bottle
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Best method is to put the chicken in the bag, 3 Nov. 2014
Make sure you dry your chicken thoroughly before you apply the sauce. Best method is to put the chicken in the bag. This way the sauce can be absorbed better.

However, you can get this product from most super Sainsbury for £2.

Leather Bus Pass / Travel / Id Card In 4 Colours - Black
Leather Bus Pass / Travel / Id Card In 4 Colours - Black
Offered by SPECIAL DEAL

3.0 out of 5 stars However after that all is good. Did not really expect real leather at below ..., 16 Aug. 2014
This is not real leather despite the lettering. Not the higher grade of faux leather either. Dignity dictates I have to scrub the "real leather" part off before I can let myself be seen with it. However after that all is good. Did not really expect real leather at below 2 quids. :)

1 pcs Magnetic Golf Ball Marker With Visor Cap Hat Clip Random Color
1 pcs Magnetic Golf Ball Marker With Visor Cap Hat Clip Random Color
Offered by fit fit come (8-15 days from Hongkong )

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and perform as advertised., 26 Mar. 2014
I'm very happy with both the look and quality of the products. Ordered 3 and got 3 different brands (lucky!) Should've ordered more :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for your money, 17 Feb. 2014
Took a while to arrive as it's coming in from overseas. Shipping time can range from one to 2-3 weeks. But it's worth the wait and cheap (2-3 pounds) but looks really good.

Page: 1 | 2