Profile for Simone Manchester > Reviews

Content by Simone Manchester

Simone Manchester "Narcheska" (Australia)

Lenormand Oracle
Lenormand Oracle
by Lo Scarabeo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book included, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I received these as a gift and I was surprised by how large the cards are in comparison to the Piatnik and the Mystical deck. They are the same size as Angel cards. The pictures are very classic, soft and dreamy with nice backs. A bit difficult to shuffle but okay once you get going.
I really, really like the book. It's not a typical Lenormand LWB, it's chunky and it includes reverse meanings, which is not traditional Lenormand. It also includes Gypsy meanings, and different spreads. So I presume their aim was to truly do an Oracle deck, not just straight Lenormand. In this I feel they have succeeded.

Soul Plan: Reconnect with Your True Life Purpose
Soul Plan: Reconnect with Your True Life Purpose
by Blue Marsden

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my life purpose!, 14 May 2013
Got this book back in March while trying to work out my life purpose. Had it on my wish list for a couple of months and wish I'd bought it sooner! It is similar to numerology, using the letters of your birth name to determine the energetic influence your name has on your life and your life purpose. With the free online software, it is super easy to calculate your Soul Plan. Then you simply look up the detailed descriptions of your 'Challenges', your 'Talents' and your 'Goals' - all leading to the your Soul Destiny.
I've had numerous astrology, numerology, chinese astrology and other readings completed but none have spelled out my life purpose like this system does. It really is fantastic! Loved it so much that I recently attended the practitioner training with Blue Marsden!

Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method: A Natural Approach to a Safe, Easier, More Comfortable Birthing
by Marie Mongan

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxed, 7 Feb. 2007
When I fell pregnant I was inundated with horror birth stories from plenty of mothers. I couldn't work out why women, who were designed to have babies, would be forced to endure such pain and suffering. Surely something was going wrong?

This book reinforced my thinking that birth is a natural process that we women are totally prepared for, and provided lots of encouragement. I thought that it would provide more details than it did; the author refers frequently to 'your hypnobirthing practitioner'. The CD is useful to get started, though I have sought further expertise from a 'hypnobirthing practitioner'.

The birth is still 12 weeks away, and I'm yet to see if hypnobirthing will help me have a virtually pain-free birth, though I am feeling extremely relaxed about everything, and owe it to this book. I would recommend it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 3:15 AM GMT